Exactly as expected.

johnnyjet

The Jets played exactly as most expected.  They sucked. Here's what I took from the game.  McCown dinked and dunked, we have no skill players to speak of, Kearse looked good, Forte looked old, the O line was at best mediocre.  Run blocking was atrocious .  Defense got gashed by the bills run game. Skrine is expendable.  Adams will be a star.  0-16. That doesn't look like such a stretch. This is a 2 win team at best. Sam Darnold, please declare for the draft. Raiders should win by at least 14

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

42-7 Raiders. Bowles will misplay two challenges and mercifully punt late into the 4th quarter. 

Is the 7 from a turnover? Fumbled punt return by Oakland? ;)

Best I can see is some more long range FGs right now ... :(

On 9/11/2017 at 7:44 AM, johnnyjet said:

The Jets played exactly as most expected.  They sucked. Here's what I took from the game.  McCown dinked and dunked, we have no skill players to speak of, Kearse looked good, Forte looked old, the O line was at best mediocre.  Run blocking was atrocious .  Defense got gashed by the bills run game. Skrine is expendable.  Adams will be a star.  0-16. That doesn't look like such a stretch. This is a 2 win team at best. Sam Darnold, please declare for the draft. Raiders should win by at least 14

This is spot on, with the only exception being the absence of any mention of Darron Lee. Never has anyone made so many meaningless tackles in one game. But, perhaps, your not mentioning the incredibly invisible first round ILB is a metaphor?

On 09/11/2017 at 8:09 AM, sciond said:

certainly not the 4-1 team some people thought they were to start the season

The 4-1 people are like the cheerleaders screaming "Go Team Go" when they're down by 23 with 6 minutes left to play... and their Head Coach punts on 4th down.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:03 AM, Gen X Jet said:

42-7 Raiders. Bowles will misplay two challenges and mercifully punt late into the 4th quarter. 

If the game is a blow out Bowles is certainly punting in the 4th quarter.  He will try to avoid a blow out record.

Woody already signalled what he was looking for.  He wants to see competitive games.  I was actually worried about too many three and outs last Sunday, but the dinking and dunking did get some possession time.  Expect that to continue.  Actually, when ASJ gets back I would expect to Jets to be even better at keeping the ball.  Scoring is another matter.

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is spot on, with the only exception being the absence of any mention of Darron Lee. Never has anyone made so many meaningless tackles in one game. But, perhaps, your not mentioning the incredibly invisible first round ILB is a metaphor?

If I was Bowles I would be sitting down with his crony Mike Caldwell, Assistant Head and INSIDE LB Coach, to discuss how to get better play from Davis and Lee, other than by having Adams do their job.   It is the 2016 Draft that is looking to be MaccBowles undoing.

Archived