Adams played 75 snaps but only 19 at safety.

jetscanes331

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I figured it would be a late second round pick but I was surprised they got anything for him at all. He's essentially a rental who's one major incident away from a suspension

And that's really worth something because every team values your opinion.

I'm sure any team's top offer to Maccagnan, following 2 years of Sheldon's misuse, is the same offer we could have gotten for him from anther GM and before said misuse (which also would have coincided with being prior to the illustrious 2nd strike). 

He's a boob.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

And that's really worth something because every team values your opinion.

I'm sure any team's top offer to Maccagnan, following 2 years of Sheldon's misuse, is the same offer we could have gotten for him from anther GM and before said misuse (which also would have coincided with being prior to the illustrious 2nd strike). 

He's a boob.

People here were saying the same thing, not just me. 

Its the "Bowles defense". He likes to play tweener safeties/nickels as additional in the box linebackers. It's a brain dead defense that only works with very specific talent we do not have but we keep chasing with super high draft picks. If someone said to me today " Bowles can fired or you can have sex with Scarlett Johannsen for a week" I might just drive Toiliet Bowles to the airport and live with the grudge my dick would have against me for the rest of my life.

45 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

"Adams played 75 snaps, but only 19 came at safety, which led to some of his struggles against the run as he had to face Buffalo’s offensive linemen in the box." - PFF

Didn't see this discussed yet. Is it because the lack of talent at LB or just game plan? 

I don't see why you'd draft a safety talent like Adams to not play him  there.

Probably because of the awful ILB play of Lee & Davis yesterday.  If they played decently Adams would've been a "chess piece" in

the box to deploy in exotic ways

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

When your 1st rounders have a habit of running their mouths and a propensity for weed ( which is still banned in the NFL)  you take what you can can get for them. Sheldon was a failed test away from being a Randy Gregory.

Fans are over-blowing this whole narrative SO much. It is such a controllable variable, if you have leadership that knows what they are doing. Sheldon went from "frat party Rex" to "favoritism Bowles". If you create consequences from day 1, then it never becomes an issue. Again, this comes back to the Jets long history of incompetence. 

Sheldon should have been a centerpiece for us to build around. 

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Have to agree with who-boy on this one. Mainly because one cannot accurately quanitify the value of a happy memory on a crisp september afternoon. 

Just speaking for me, it only rated 3/10 on the Impact Play Memorability Scale. Your mileage may vary

41 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Its the "Bowles defense". He likes to play tweener safeties/nickels as additional in the box linebackers. It's a brain dead defense that only works with very specific talent we do not have but we keep chasing with super high draft picks. If someone said to me today " Bowles can fired or you can have sex with Scarlett Johannsen for a week" I might just drive Toiliet Bowles to the airport and live with the grudge my dick would have against me for the rest of my life.

Well that fits, because he coaches using 'tweener balls that aren't quite ovaries but aren't exactly testicles either.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So? Still counts in my book. No judgment call is going to take that out of my memory

Yes, I believe your snap decision watching the game on a 13 inch black and white television in your bath tub holding a plugged in electric toaster above your head *IS* more reliable than several people trained to analyze these plays and watching it a multi-million dollar facility.

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Have to agree with who-boy on this one. Mainly because one cannot accurately quanitify the value of a happy memory on a crisp september afternoon. 

JVOY with the swoop and poop... love it. Hope all is well buddy!

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fans are over-blowing this whole narrative SO much. It is such a controllable variable, if you have leadership that knows what they are doing. Sheldon went from "frat party Rex" to "favoritism Bowles". If you create consequences from day 1, then it never becomes an issue. Again, this comes back to the Jets long history of incompetence. 

Sheldon should have been a centerpiece for us to build around. 

Toxic locker room culture and lack of clear vision and direction. It's the biggest problem facing this franchise no matter who is gming or coaching or playing. It should be clear to everyone regime change after regime change and yet the same mistakes keep appearing over and over again. 

Sheldon Richardson being a moral hazard contract risk doesn't excuse the Jets from playing him out of position because they drafted 3 1st round players that play the same two positions on the field. If anything, he's probably the most athletically gifted of the three of them and he was the one made to play out of position. I'm not even against experimenting with that but when it became abundantly clear that it wasn't working the lack of adjusting was astounding. 

But here we have it, fourth and 8 and we punt down 9. Just a metaphor for our entire existence as a franchise that bowles doesn't even realize that was a game losing decision. 

18 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

But here we have it, fourth and 8 and we punt down 9. Just a metaphor for our entire existence as a franchise that bowles doesn't even realize that was a game losing decision. 

Herein lies the fallacy the board doesn't get. Bowles did this with one reason in mind - he's trying to keep the score as close as possible. He'd rather lose by a few and have a very conservative game plan than give his team a better shot of winning if it comes with an equal chance of losing by a lobsided score. His only goal is to prove to woody that he can coach with the crap he has, to justify being around when they have a new qb. the final score and margin of defeat matter more to him than the decisions that create the result. 

48 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Going great. Daughter will be two in december. No  Jets expectations makes it so i don't have any false illusions about this season. Hope your family is doing great! 

Yea man - 2 already? My little girl is going to be 4 this month, and I've got another one coming next month. TOTAL MADNESS I LOVE IT!!!

(This is a cue to the entire board to post pictures of monkey babies. Do it!)

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

When you "hit" on a rare DL talent in the 1st round, you trade him for 1st rounders. 

When you "hit" on a rare DL talent in the 1st round, then play him at LBer and make him look like a spare part, you trade him for a future 2nd (not as valuable as a true 2nd) and a JAG WR. 

The argument I'm making is that the Jets got the value they could, because they didn't manage his value properly. I'm not saying some magical team was going to offer more, and they just didn't get it. That would be stupid. I'm saying they almost never "hit" on draft picks, then when they do, they don't keep them... and fail miserably to grow the investment into more. Instead, they get less and tell the fans it was an win.

So, the Jets were supposed to "manage" him to prevent him from driving 140 mph with a loaded gun and kid in his car, managel his snapchat videos, not let the press know he was perpetually late for meetings, and make sure that Shel put the teams welfare over his beef with Marshall. sh*t, he couldn't even let his beef with Marshall go after the Jets released Marshall.  No one was going to "manage" Shel into being worth a first round pick. He's not John Abraham or Jared Allen. And please -- rare -- LOL. He's not even top 10 among current NFL D Lineman and he was the third best D lineman on Jets. I'll agree, he's very good - Top 20 in the League right now, but he is far from a "rare" talent. I'll reserve that classification for the JJ Watt and Reggie White's of the world.

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, the Jets were supposed to "manage" him to prevent him from driving 140 mph with a loaded gun and kid in his car, managel his snapchat videos, not let the press know he was perpetually late for meetings, and make sure that Shel put the teams welfare over his beef with Marshall. sh*t, he couldn't even let his beef with Marshall go after the Jets released Marshall.  No one was going to "manage" Shel into being worth a first round pick. He's not John Abraham or Jared Allen. And please -- rare -- LOL. He's not even top 10 among current NFL D Lineman and he was the third best D lineman on Jets. I'll agree, he's very good - Top 20 in the League right now, but he is far from a "rare" talent. I'll reserve that classification for the JJ Watt and Reggie White's of the world.

Typing air quotes is silly.

He is a rare talent, in that he's one of the rare players we drafted who could play football. If you want to delve into a semantic argument about the pre-requisite requirements for being considered a rare talent you are on your own.

The Jets could have brought him into an environment where he'd learn he is a professional and that there are consequences. Would this have solved the problem? Theoretically, yes. Not guaranteed, but when you look back and see how the Rex culture brought the slap dick out of so many guys on this roster, it becomes easy to make the case that a more buttoned up environment could have prevented him acting like a fool... in addition, like I've already stated, managing his value is more about using him the right way, to showcase him. Rather than making him a gimmick, which crushes his value. You can't sell him as a DL when you yourself weren't willing to play him there. This is basic sh*t.

20 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

When he was in coverage he did a good job. He struggled against the run but this would be a good reasoning for that. I don't understand why he wouldn't be playing primarily at safety yesterday.

if he has to take on guards, then he is doomed.  Our linebackers do not tackle anything

Sheldon Richardson was the least productive rare talent in recent memory.  It gets over stated how talented he was/is.  Yes, he's plenty talented, but people act as if he was some sort of phenom.

It's very clear to me that the biggest mistake Macc/Bowles have made was keeping Wilk over Snacks.  They have all these rangy athletes, with no one to keep blockers off them.

it's the same BS every year the fans obsess about the paper cuts on defense and ignore the sucking chest wounds on offense. 

the defense isn't perfect but it's good enough to win. The problem is this team couldn't score a point and to fix it they drafted 2 safeties. 

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's the same BS every year the fans obsess about the paper cuts on defense and ignore the sucking chest wounds on offense. 

the defense isn't perfect but it's good enough to win. The problem is this team couldn't score a point and to fix it they drafted 2 safeties. 

What was the fix that you would have done  ?   The Jets were not drafting Dalvin Cook .

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It's very clear to me that the biggest mistake Macc/Bowles have made was keeping Wilk over Snacks.  They have all these rangy athletes, with no one to keep blockers off them.

It wasn't an either or imo. They chose not to pay a 2 down NT and instead looked to sign a FA RB in Forte, sign Powell to a 2nd contract and then have enough to get a QB.  I would have paid Snacks too.  But the Jets chose to pay FA dollars to 2 RBs instead of just drafting a position that should almost never be handed a big 2nd contract.  And rather than draw a line in the sand and show Fitztragic the door if he didn't sign for something like 3-4M which would have been double his actual worth....we did what we always do....treat our own stars like sh*t for not wanting to give us a hometown discount....then we panic and then we overpay mediocre talent in FA to patch holes at critical positions rather than pay our own actual big talent to stay and draft to fill critical positions and use FA to patch holes.  Not to mention if we actually drafted offensive talent at any point leading up to that, it wouldn't have been necessary.  But no.  Defense, defense, defense.  (so long as it's not an edge rusher) Sheldon, Milliner, Pryor, Lee.....I wanted to get Jarvis Jones and DeAndre Hopkins instead of Dee/Sheldon.  I would have busted on Jones, but at least it's an edge rusher attempt. Pryor? In a year with elite WRs ( I wanted Benjamin or Cooks)....we take a box safety.  Lee...we took him to be a Buchannon clone in the first.  A ******* role player....in the first.  Think that Todd didn't influence that pick coming from Zona?  Why did our GM let him in the room?  Why didn't he stop that train from rolling?  Why didn't he just look at Woody and ask..."you can't be seriously thinking about taking a 4-3 OLB in the 1st round because on paper he looks like he might be Buchannon.  Why the **** do we have 3 guys making decisions instead of one guy.  Why can't the Jets just not be a total sh*tshow every goddamned year. 

**** Woody Johnson.  He is a worse owner than James Dolan and it's not even close. 

Archived