Who would you rather?

LionelRichie

13 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

knowing what you know now who would you choose as HC of NYJ for 2018 if you had to pick between Herm, Mangini, Rex, and Bowles?    

Herm.

Actually, I hope they bring him back. He plays to win. He is a leader of men. End of story.

Rex. He'll get the most out of the team despite his short comings I believe.

I liked Mangini but he was solid at best, Herm had his moments but isn't on Rex's level. Bowles I liked in Arizona but he's too conservative as a HC for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, sciond said:

If not Mangini he was the best at talent evaluation of the bunch.

Why does everyone assume this?  

1. Tanenbaum was the GM

2. Mangini sucked in Cleveland

3. If Mangini was this incredible evaluator of talent he would at least have a scout job now instead of being unemployed

Flashback

This topic is worded the same way my degenerate buddy in high school would always ask variations of :

the ugliest old mustached lady he could think of at that moment    

Vs..    

The ugliest fattest girl with giant face wart he could think of at that moment

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. Tanenbaum was the GM

3. If Mangini was this incredible evaluator of talent he would at least have a scout job now instead of being unemployed

With Mangini, Tanny drafted Brick, Mangold, Revis, and Harris. The one gaffe was Gholston.

After Mangini, he drafted Mark Sanchez, Quinton Coples, Kyle Wilson, and Vlad Ducasse.  

Tanny's decisions were clearly influenced by his head coach. 

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1. Tanenbaum was the GM

1) We know Tannenbaum  was not very good at it. No GM job for him. He has an EVP position under a GM

2) Everyone sucks in Cleveland including Belichik

3) Why would a coach take a scouts job. He did win AFC coach of the year....

10 hours ago, sciond said:

Why would a coach take a scouts job. He did win AFC coach of the year....

He took a job coaching tight ends after being out of football for three years because that was the only job he could get. He's back out of the league again now. And if he's so gifted, he'd be getting offers better than a scouting position. Or a TE coach for that matter. 

I don't think there's anyone associated with this franchise who's more overrated than the Mangenius. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

He took a job coaching tight ends after being out of football for three years because that was the only job he could get. He's back out of the league again now. And if he's so gifted, he'd be getting offers better than a scouting position. Or a TE coach for that matter. 

I don't think there's anyone associated with this franchise who's more overrated than the Mangenius. 

How do you know what offers he has had?

I am going with Herm for most over rated... then Rex

Just now, sciond said:

That fact that he accepted a job coaching tight ends suggests to me that this brilliant evaluator of talent isn't getting any offers better than that. 

13 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

knowing what you know now who would you choose as HC of NYJ for 2018 if you had to pick between Herm, Mangini, Rex, and Bowles?    

Those are the 4 choices? Easy: Todd Bowles.

At least you know he'd be fired the fastest so nobody has to get panties all up in a bunch over the horrid impulsiveness of a firing in January, 2019 only 1 year after a 2018 changing of the guard. Any of the other 3 and we'd have to keep him aboard - and Maccagnan with him - for another term.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's what killed Mangini, and is what's killing Bowles. Their low key personalities are bad for ratings. 

It's truly amazing how we swing from one extreme to the other.

Carroll -> Kotite -> Parcells -> Groh -> Herm -> Mangini -> Rex -> Bowles

It's like they say "Fire the excitable guy, hire a drone.  Fire the drone, hire a guy with personality!".  Maybe we can find someone balanced and who can actually make good in-game decisions?  If nothing else, I think Mangini was a little more reliable than any of the other 3 with regard to clock management and in-game adjustments.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Excellent!  Pair that with Maccagnan's Executive of the Year award and we can't lose!

Trust the process

calculated tank

we hire the worst coach and stack picks.

Look how great we did when we had 12 not too long ago

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is simple.  You do not take a TE coach position if you have another offer. 

So every coach who takes a lower job after getting fired sucks

When Belichik became a linebacker coach after getting fired he sucked...

At least now I understand your logic

Once again you don't know why he took that job or any offers he has had. OR maybe the conspiracy theory is that the Belichik coaching tree is blackballing him.

8 minutes ago, sciond said:

So every coach who takes a lower job after getting fired sucks

When Belichik became a linebacker coach after getting fired he sucked...

At least now I understand your logic

Once again you don't know why he took that job or any offers he has had. OR maybe the conspiracy theory is that the Belichik coaching tree is blackballing him.

19 minutes ago, sciond said:

You understand my logic?  That's cool cause I don't understand yours.  You asked how he know what offers we had.  We knew based on what job he took.  Period.  You want to play the blackballed card?   Cool.  Doesn't make for more offers/hot commodity.  

I didn't even say he sucks.  I mean I didn't in my previous posts.  I will now.  He sucks.  Plus, he is an enormous douche full of rah-rah sh*t that does not fly with grown men.

Archived