Dalvin Cook lighting it up for Minn

tfine

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Eh... cook looked fine, nothing mind blowing. 

What really impressed me was Bradford, guy looks elite.

It's more of the fact that we have needed playmakers and continue refuse to draft any at any position. No dynamic wide receivers, running backs, tight ends....nothing. Cook is a playmaker, and we passed on him.

Dude, I haven't said much about Maccagnan up til this year. I genuinely like to give a real chance first but this ******* guy has turned out to be another complete Jets disaster. He just hasn't pulled the right strings with major gaffes in both draft and FA. Embarrassing stuff rooting for this colossal sh*t stained team.

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Eh... cook looked fine, nothing mind blowing. 

What really impressed me was Bradford, guy looks elite.

Bradford has had his best seasons under QB Coach/OC Pat Shumur who may be an interesting HC candidate for us at the end of the year provided he can revamp Minnesota's O as many are projecting.  He is a well respected offensive mind who's good with QBs.  He is technically a retread having a cup of coffee with the Browns a few years back.  The Browns did not have any talent back then; his QBs were Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace for goodness sake.  Having prior HC experience even though unsuccessful should be a plus at least he won't have to learn all the operational stuff for the first time.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Don't forget this doozy

3 70 Minnesota Vikings Pat Elflein  C Ohio State Big Ten from NY Jets  [R3 - 2]

How is he doing?  If Cook is playing well, my guess is that he is too, particularly since Vikings fans were worried about the OL.

Elflein was clearly the 3rd round pick for a team that currently has a C who is not very good playing for a RFA 1 year contract.

If you were trying to build a team, Macc's draft picks are basically moronic and one of the major reasons the team is as bad as it is.

Two of the best Jets offensive players on the field were basically other teams castaways acquired over the last 2 weeks.

Cook had a decent first game but he also had off the field issues and was known to have a ball security problem maybe he ends up being a better player than maye generally I like to wait a bit longer than week one to determine what rookies are great and what ones are not. Also realistically I don't think any running back is going to look great in a jets uniform until we fix our offensive line.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Cook had a decent first game but he also had off the field issues and was known to have a ball security problem maybe he ends up being a better player than maye generally I like to wait a bit longer than week one to determine what rookies are great and what ones are not. Also realistically I don't think any running back is going to look great in a jets uniform until we fix our offensive line.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

He dropped two passes that I saw.  Doesn't take away from his running game but there's that.

Archived