Sign in to follow this  
tfine

Dalvin Cook lighting it up for Minn

I wonder if the people saying that they're not impressed with Cook last night are the same ones telling us how Shell, Anderson, Burris, Peake, and Deon Simon are evidence of Macc's keen eye for talent and majorly successful drafts.

Nevermind that none of the above listed players have ever been as productive in a game as Cook was in his very first as a pro.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 minute ago, Pointdexter said:

I wonder if the people saying that they're not impressed with Cook last night are the same ones telling us how Shell, Anderson, Burris, Peake, and Deon Simon are evidence of Macc's keen eye for talent and majorly successful drafts.

Don't forget the immortal "Great Value" pick Deon Simon who is not even on the roster now

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Remember that these two safeties are playing with a very weak LB and CB group.

So we have to surround Adams and Maye with the '85 Bears defense to even begin to fairly evaluate them?

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Geese, unbelievable.

Meanwhile Cam Robinson, another guy we passed on, is killing it as the Jaguars starting LT.  Gee, we could use a young franchise Left Tackle but the people who know everything said Cam was too slow and would have to be moved inside to Guard.

19 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He's not. He'll get hurt again or have to play a good defense soon and look average again. 

With all due respect, you sir are nuts. Cook is a star and a soon to be superstar. He ran last ight behind a brand new OL. First game together for all.

Bilal Powell is average. Matt Forte used to be average. 

Cook is not average

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

With all due respect, you sir are nuts. Cook is a star and a soon to be superstar. He ran last ight behind a brand new OL. First game together for all.

Cook is not average

You know who is average?  Jamal Adams.

Meanwhile Cam Robinson, another guy we passed on, is killing it as the Jaguars starting LT.  Gee, we could use a young franchise Left Tackle but the people who know everything said Cam was too slow and would have to be moved inside to Guard.

Yes , preseason and 1 game is all that is needed to determine grades for draft picks.
Let's play DFS, that's easier I suppose.

Just now, prime21 said:

Yes , preseason and 1 game is all that is needed to determine grades for draft picks.
Let's play DFS, that's easier I suppose.

If Adams or Maye had even close to the game Robinson had yesterday you guiys would be jumping for joy about the 2-Safety strategy and how genius it was

If Adams or Maye had even close to the game Robinson had yesterday you guiys would be jumping for joy about the 2-Safety strategy and how genius it was

And you wouldn't be making the comparison. I'm done with responding to you. Have a great evening sir.

8 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

What is the point of this post? Jamal Adams played very well as well. Cook had a great first game. Who cares...

Am I suppose to understand that because Dalvin Cook had a great game on a much better team that now Jamal Adams sucks? He was considered arguably the best player in the draft...

I think you are to understand that they could have drafted Adams and still got Cook.  It was the whole 1 safety is not enough thing that gets most people.  I assume that they passed on Cook due to the character/entourage concerns.  Still...

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The funny thing is Cook actually could have had an even bigger monster game yesterday if he hadn't dropped three passes.  He actually looked really stiff and nervous in the 1st quarter.

Dalvin Cook 5 targets, 3 receptions, 3 drops.  He's a magician!

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

Way too many fans expect that the Jets could rebuild this team in 3 drafts. 1- We DON'T have a QB! He took a couple of shots & missed. No GM will have success in this league until they find a QB. 

We have 2 starters from the Tanny/Rex-Idzik/Rex regime, Mo & Winters and Bilal Powell is an average running back. Because of the past drafts the Jets are like a leaking ship with numerous holes to plug and we lost our best player from that regime in Enunwa to injury.

Competetitive rebuild in 2015 was fun but set this franchise back like it always does when players need contracts or get old.

If you can't rebuild a team in 3 drafts (especially with a TON of FA money) you are an idiot.  Period.  

They only have 2 starters from the Tanny/Rex/Idzik years?  Those years were so devoid of talent that they are still paying Revis and they went out and got Demario Davis and Kerley back.  Raise your hand if you don't think those two will be starting shortly.

Competitive rebuild infers that you are rebuilding.  When you build something you don't usually have to gut in 2 years later.  If you do gut it two years later, usually people aren't standing around saying "Why the **** did you wait so long?"

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think you are to understand that they could have drafted Adams and still got Cook.  It was the whole 1 safety is not enough thing that gets most people.  I assume that they passed on Cook due to the character/entourage concerns.  Still...

I keep forgetting Cook was a 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Cook is not average

I wasn't talking about Cook. I was talking about Bradford. With all due respect, someone called Bradford elite and that's what I was responding to. 

9 hours ago, prime21 said:

Remember that these two safeties are playing with a very weak LB and CB group.  They are forced to be leaders as rookies with a bunch of average to below average players (not including the Big Cat). Landon Collins play got significantly better in his 2nd year after the Giants gave him help in the secondary.  Give these guys a chance to grow and hope that the GM fills in the other pieces in the next two years.  Williams, Adams and May are the young buck nucleus.  We will get there eventually.

The decision to pass on Cook, and to draft Maye are two different issues. Yes, our secondary was in need of talent and Yes Maye was a reasonable pick to address safety at spot (if you ignore the adams pick).... but you can't look exclusively from that angle. That's not what a GM is paid to do. They're paid to make the RIGHT choice, not just avoid the bad ones. Our offense needs playmakers and youth just as badly as our badly as our secondary needed an overhaul. He needs to recognize value in the draft, and the need to score points. To pretend like drafting a second safety and passing on an elite talent at RB isn't a note worthy narrative is insane. It's the kind of ignorance that winds a team up in the gutter 3 drafts into a rebuild. It's the kind of sheepish approach that keeps teams on the sidelines in January.