Jump to content
Doggin94it

Rex Ryan just made me throw up a little

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You mean Beth Mowins? A 25+ year pro was given a job she is qualified for? That's crazy. You're right though ESPN is definitely hiring black and Hispanic and females just because of those identifiers, none of them have paid their dues and gained educations and work experience that qualify them to tell you anything about sports and the athletes that entertain us. 

Personal bias of Rex aside, this is one of the worst announcing crews I've ever listened to and she's just as bad as him.  This crew is low quality for even ESPN, and that's saying something. Mostro is right, longevity doesn't equate to anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

I turned the sound off on the TV and have the audio from the Broncos radio pair.  took a little tinkering to sync them.  Fantastic homers.  Enjoying it.  Much more fun than listening to those two, who have to be the WORST pair doing an NFL game I have ever heard since the 1970's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kdels62 said:

I actually really like the new slate of ESPN personalities but that's neither here nor there. If Beth Mowins sucks then she sucks but she has worked her way up to the spot for everyone to see that she sucks. Claiming that someone got a job because of gender, race or ethnicity is what I object to especially since those were reasons not to have a job 10 years ago on the same network.

Ahhh my bad. Meant to quote Mostro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost feel bad for Rex right now. The broadcast is terrible and nobody wants to attack Mowins because it'd appear sexist so everyone is killing Ryan. Granted, he's not good, but almost every NFL guy struggles when they first take on that gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Almost feel bad for Rex right now. The broadcast is terrible and nobody wants to attack Mowins because it'd appear sexist so everyone is killing Ryan. Granted, he's not good, but almost every NFL guy struggles when they first take on that gig.

Never count out Rex's ability to throw the other guy (in this case gal) under the bus. He's a survivor.

Rare drop? Demaryius is one of most drop-prone WRs in NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

 

Rex is green behind the ears for real life.  Success by failure.  The new wonderful-now.

Well all he did was be the most succesful head coach we had since Weeb Ewbank, but then we are the Jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I actually really like the new slate of ESPN personalities but that's neither here nor there. If Beth Mowins sucks then she sucks but she has worked her way up to the spot for everyone to see that she sucks. Claiming that someone got a job because of gender, race or ethnicity is what I object to especially since those were reasons not to have a job 10 years ago on the same network.

I mean, I guess.  Don't get me wrong, the race, gender, pandering, etc angle is really stupid, but if after 25+ plus years you couldn't crack the late night B squad of a historically awful chooser of personnel for commentary, then come out and suck, it tells me that you should have stayed back at your old position and were more along the lines of "the best of the rest" of a bad group.  If this is the extent of her football knowledge, I don't care what her degree in sports is or her experience at ESPN, she isn't qualified to professionally talk the game on national television. 

This crew has me pining for the days of Tirico.  I would have rather seen him get "demoted" to this team with Rex (since hes the "football guy" who everyone tunes in to hear and will be here as long as he wants, regardless of public opinion) and give me at least one person who sounds like they have a clue as to what they're doing.  This commentary is borderline unlistenable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Definitely better than Bowles, who is the worst coach in football.

I mean yeah, losing your d*ck is also, realistically, better than losing your legs but both really suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Great coach great announcer great guy. Classic triple threat

You were forced to post this second version because it appears that some of us failed to detect the irony. 

Thank you 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I mean yeah, losing your d*ck is also, realistically, better than losing your legs but both really suck.

Ummm...  there are wheelchairs, artificial limbs, and robotic limbs are making great advancements.

Haven't heard of the robo-dick yet.

Yes it'll suck, but if I had to make the choice...  bye bye legs.

*Edit:  to stay on topic.  I thought Rex did alright.  He got better as the game went on and had plenty of "inside" info to give.  The timing and smoothness will come with some experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Personal bias of Rex aside, this is one of the worst announcing crews I've ever listened to and she's just as bad as him.  This crew is low quality for even ESPN, and that's saying something. Mostro is right, longevity doesn't equate to anything. 

Rex belongs on the sideline as a D-coordinator. He's one of the best. He was just a victim of the Peter Principle and could never embrace the totality of the team (offense and defense). He's at his best when he's feeding "his guys" on defense gunpowder and telling them to rip the faces off the offense in practice. I honestly believe he feels that offense is an effete pursuit and that real men do the defense thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talking about what a great player Melvin Ingram is.

Good thing we picked Coples

I was thinking the same exact thing when he talked about Ingram to start the game last night

 

I still like Rex as a person so I'll blame Tannenbaum for that one lol

 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rex was Bowles, just louder, more flagrantly embarrassing, and infinitely more desperate for approval.
Rex was way more aggressive than Bowles has been no question.

No, he didn't go for it every 4th down, etc....but you did see big 4th downs gone for under him (off the top of my head the Charger playoff game comes to mind - Jones run on 4th and short to win it.....Weatherford running with a fake punt on 4th and more than 20 vs GB in 2010 which he just barely didnt get)....stuff that Bowles would never do, and thats just offense and special teams, forget being more aggressive on D.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, varjet said:

Rex was a far better coach than Bowles is.  Rex as DC or HC would have the defense playing better than it is now.

He is just a big kid.  He needs a strong GM and OC.  

Rex came up with some doozy game plans for his D.  Not so hot at in game adjustments.  And not head coach material in the long run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Rex belongs on the sideline as a D-coordinator. He's one of the best. He was just a victim of the Peter Principle and could never embrace the totality of the team (offense and defense). He's at his best when he's feeding "his guys" on defense gunpowder and telling them to rip the faces off the offense in practice. I honestly believe he feels that offense is an effete pursuit and that real men do the defense thing.

as a D coordinator, he understood offenses.  but as a head coach, he didn't.  Coach Paradox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

My bad, but to my ears she is Suzy Kolber trying to sound like a man -- just awful.  25 years doesn't make her qualified -- she sucks ass as a play by play.  Longevity does not equate to competency.

I thought it was a man the 2 minutes I listened.  A contralto---but a man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×