Doggin94it

Rex Ryan just made me throw up a little

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Rex vs. Bowles is Me vs You in a bakeoff.

In that we both make the same cake but only dudes who had a difficult time earning their father's approval believe that your cake won multiple Super Bowls? 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dennis Miller was the worst I've ever seen, and I've seen dudes have complete breakdowns doing that job.

Dickerson on the sideline was the worst.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In that we both make the same cake but only dudes who had a difficult time earning their father's approval believe that your cake won multiple Super Bowls? 

No, no. I'm not sure you got it. I meant that Rex Ryan is a much better coach than Todd Bowles. You see, I was using the cake skills as a metaphor. I'm a culinary school grad and you, well I've seen your cakes. So in this scenario, I was Rex Ryan (making a good cake, i.e. a good team ) and you were Todd Bowles (making a bad cake, i.e. a bad team)

I apologize for the confusion. Call me if this isn't clear. MUCH better than texting. Like if calling was me baking a cake and texting was you - oh forget it.

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Speaking of the idiot Rex, I was just watching a video of Jonesy's Jukebox on YouTube.  My first thought was that the Sex Pistols' guitarist looks remarkably like Rex Ryan.  See what you think.

151030-KLOS34759.jpg

He was amazing on Californication as Krull. LOL

Call me sexist, I could give 2 sh*ts, that chick sucked last night! Her voice was too low, and personally, woman should never announce football! Goodell has pussified the game enough & now I have to listen to some woman announcing it? Turned it right off. Save the woman announcers for f*cking soccer for god sakes.

10 hours ago, kdels62 said:

You mean Beth Mowins? A 25+ year pro was given a job she is qualified for? That's crazy. You're right though ESPN is definitely hiring black and Hispanic and females just because of those identifiers, none of them have paid their dues and gained educations and work experience that qualify them to tell you anything about sports and the athletes that entertain us. 

Good post, you beat me to it sir

Rex Ryan and a female broadcaster walk into a booth. They do a horrific job calling the game. A thread about it gets locked do to bigotry and sexism and none of it has to do with what  Rex actually said ? I don't care what you guys say.. that's progress. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I fell asleep after the first quarter and woke up with anxiety about finding a properly fitting suit for my daughters wedding next summer. 

It's always harder trying to hit a moving target :)

It's also rough when your wife and tailor gang up on you about how a tight-fitting suit looks better.  What that got me was a really nice-looking, expensive suit I absolutely hate to wear (and don't). 

If my choice next time is between eating healthy for six months or getting a bigger suit, the only real choice to be made is...garlic mashed potatoes or creamed spinach with your steak?  And they say you can't teach an old dog...

ESPN must be highly disappointed. They thought they were getting Ferdinand the Bull but instead they got Ferdinand the Flower Sniffer.

Rex was like a kid trying to play it cool his first Thanksgiving promoted up to the "Adult Table." He can sit there politely and use the right fork but has no idea what to say to the other people around the table.

33 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's always harder trying to hit a moving target :)

It's also rough when your wife and tailor gang up on you about how a tight-fitting suit looks better.  What that got me was a really nice-looking, expensive suit I absolutely hate to wear (and don't). 

If my choice next time is between eating healthy for six months or getting a bigger suit, the only real choice to be made is...garlic mashed potatoes or creamed spinach with your steak?  And they say you can't teach an old dog...

When I got married I wore a xxxl Namath authentic. I tried mentioning that to my daughter and she changed the conversation to her crossfit gym. Basically I'm F'd. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When I got married I wore a xxxl Namath authentic. I tried mentioning that to my daughter and she changed the conversation to her crossfit gym. Basically I'm F'd. 

So we're going to need to see a picture of that because I need to show my wife there is still room for improvement LOL.  As for your daughter, can't help you but can sympathize.  Mine's younger but probably on a similar trajectory.  I'm holding on as tight as I can but *sigh*  Grats on the impending nups though.  Now you'll at least have someone to sympathize with and laugh at.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I fell asleep after the first quarter and woke up with anxiety about finding a properly fitting suit for my daughters wedding next summer. 

Wait until the last possible minute to avoid having to install belt extenders

12 hours ago, tfine said:

I'll take Rex back in a heartbeat. At least our d was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You're comparing him to Bowles. I think he's gonna be gone next year in favor of a new coach who knows how to develop young QBs. Maybe Woody's brother will stop hiring DCs and get an experienced coach for a change

6 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

You're comparing him to Bowles. I think he's gonna be gone next year in favor of a new coach who knows how to develop young QBs. Maybe Woody's brother will stop hiring DCs and get an experienced coach for a change

No one with options comes to the NYJ. Time to face facts. And Woody too cheap to knock someone's socks off and pay way over market to land a stud.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

No one with options comes to the NYJ. Time to face facts. And Woody too cheap to knock someone's socks off and pay way over market to land a stud.

This is true. If I were a good coach I would never come here. Ownership is out of control. 

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

This is true. If I were a good coach I would never come here. Ownership is out of control. 

Best halftime adjustment Bellichick ever made was after Leon Hess died and he met Woody the first time...

image.png

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So we're going to need to see a picture of that because I need to show my wife there is still room for improvement LOL.  As for your daughter, can't help you but can sympathize.  Mine's younger but probably on a similar trajectory.  I'm holding on as tight as I can but *sigh*  Grats on the impending nups though.  Now you'll at least have someone to sympathize with and laugh at.

IMG_0643.JPG

Just now, The Crusher said:

Belt have buckles. Buckles basically become shrapnel. We will not be doing buckles. 

What do you do when you run out of room to make new holes with your dessert fork?

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are you guys aware that ESPN has been hiring outright morons since its inception, but you choose now to get upset because they're hiring PoC morons? There are no "qualifications" to work an ESPN desk. Literally none.

Just one - you need to worship at the feet of Lebron James.

13 hours ago, varjet said:

Rex was a far better coach than Bowles is.  Rex as DC or HC would have the defense playing better than it is now.

He is just a big kid.  He needs a strong GM and OC.  

I agree with this.  Thats saying something. I am not a REX fan, but Bowles is clearly in over his head.