Playing Down to the Competition

Alka

I see how everyone is quick to take Oakland this week and lay 14 points or more on Sunday.  And I agree; the Jets will deserve to get blown out this game.  But as word quickly makes it way around the league, it may be hard for teams to "get up" for the Jets, knowing that a performance below their best will still get a win.  With this in mind, at what point will the Jets get easily handled but the scoreboard will not reflect it?

I think it is probably still too early in the season for a team to "let up" against the Jets, and rest players that they may not need to beat this team, but sooner or later I believe it will come back to bite people who decide to bet against the Jets and give the points when they are up against a seemingly tough opponent.

Just my opinion.  And the Jets will probably get better along the way, even though getting better will only mean that they will lose games with a closer outcome.

Attention OP

The group of Carr, Beast Mode, Cooper, Crab, and Cook (yeah, him too) are badasses, and fiends... They will go off crazier than usual.  The Jets get the kitchen knife to defend themselves.  The Raiders don't like that.  NOT. ONE.  BIT.

So us watching, they take the knife to the Jets, laughing while they do it... Then they come at us with the knife...

The Jets suck, man... why so serious?

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I see how everyone is quick to take Oakland this week and lay 14 points or more on Sunday.  And I agree; the Jets will deserve to get blown out this game.  But as word quickly makes it way around the league, it may be hard for teams to "get up" for the Jets, knowing that a performance below their best will still get a win.  With this in mind, at what point will the Jets get easily handled but the scoreboard will not reflect it?

I think it is probably still too early in the season for a team to "let up" against the Jets, and rest players that they may not need to beat this team, but sooner or later I believe it will come back to bite people who decide to bet against the Jets and give the points when they are up against a seemingly tough opponent.

Just my opinion.  And the Jets will probably get better along the way, even though getting better will only mean that they will lose games with a closer outcome.

One thing we never have to worry about

Archived