Matt Nagy - Remember the Name Because he's your Next Head Coach

Philc1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He's the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs and constructed the gameplan that blew out the Pats in Foxboro.  He's 39, has experience and most notably our next GM John Dorsey knows him.

Except that Andy Reid called offensive plays and obviously brainstormed the gameplan.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He's the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs and constructed the gameplan that blew out the Pats in Foxboro.  He's 39, has experience and most notably our next GM John Dorsey knows him.

MattNagy-2016.jpg

I rather his "CO"-offensive coordinator last year Brad Childress.  Childress has prior head coaching experience, with a winning record and NFCC game berth I might add.  He lost his HC job because he waived Randy Moss, who had become a locker room cancer, without going through the proper chain of command.  Also like Mangini he put his faith on a hurt broken down Bret Favre.  I wouldn't mind Dorsey though.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

When a team fires a coach every few years it sends a message to the other coaches

that message is "hey, don't take this job, dummy." 

Prediction Todd Bowles is not getting fired because Woody is in the UK and doesn't care. 

True.  Lucky for us I don't believe there will be a lot of other openings after this season besides us and there are a lot of thirsty candidates.

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

When a team fires a coach every few years it sends a message to the other coaches

Prediction Todd Bowles is not getting fired because Woody is in the UK and doesn't care. 

This is about to be such an epic clusterfvck crossed with a sheetstorm wrapped in a flaming bag of nuclear poop that keeping Bowles will not be an option. No idea if Maccagnan survives. Grant you that a sense of stability and continuity have value. But Bowles is on his way to Kotite-like toxicity. 

Todd Bowles WILL be fired because he is a terrible coach who is going to be the proud owner of a 3-13 (or worse) record in year 3 of his tenure.  Don't know how he can survive that, no matter how bad the talent is.

Another widely regarded assistant coach... Remember when Todd Bowles was Assistant Coach of the Year?

I wouldn't hate it, but I feel we are chasing our tails a little bit here. We need to wait for a proven head coach to spring loose like Jack Del Rio did for the Raiders.

..and MOST OF ALL, we need to supply that head coach with a quarterback. It's the common factor among all of our failed head coaches. There's only so much these coaches can do with a QB situation like ours.

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This is about to be such an epic clusterfvck crossed with a sheetstorm wrapped in a flaming bag of nuclear poop that keeping Bowles will not be an option. No idea if Maccagnan survives. Grant you that a sense of stability and continuity have value. But Bowles is on his way to Kotite-like toxicity. 

The plan is NOT to win games i.e. lose. The object is landing a top pick in the draft to finally solve the QB problem. Why does no one get this? Bowles and Mac are NOT getting fired because everything is going as planned.

He would have had his 3 years, he's shown zero growth as a HC.

He's getting fired because it's a business and an Empty Met Life is not good for business. Besides a clean slate HC and GM, with $80 plus mill in cap space and #1 overall pick will tempt the top candidates.

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Definitely want an offensive guy, but how much does this guy do with Reid around.

Id like Haley better.

An O coordinator from a great offense but with a defensive head coach

Part of me thinks being a cantankerous douchebag looking to show people in KC he knows what he is doing might be a good fit here. 

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's getting fired because it's a business and an Empty Met Life is not good for business. Besides a clean slate HC and GM, with $80 plus mill in cap space and #1 overall pick will tempt the top candidates.

Empty stadiums and laughingstock football get coaches fired. 

13 hours ago, jetrider said:

Except that Andy Reid called offensive plays and obviously brainstormed the gameplan.

13 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

And Andy Reid had nothing to do with it? Oh yeah, Andy just calls the plays for the offense he designed.

This!

IT's Reid, yes, Reid's offense. Sorry but this "great" assistant doesn't have me convinced of anything when he isn't really the coordinator as much as just having the title and being Reid's errand boy.

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

This theory works only if they win a little or show marked improvement over the life of the regime. This organization would never fire anyone if they were winning, look how long Rex held on.Todd Bowles is stubborn and refuses to learn from his mistakes. How do I know? Because he keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over! So if I were a prospective HC, I would wonder WTF the Jets were doing continuing to employ a HC who is flat out in over his head. Furthermore, I cannot understand for the life of me why any real Jet fan would want this guy to be here past next week, let alone past next year unless you enjoy losing every week. 

I am all for continuity, however, I am not for continuity of what went on last season and will go on this season starting last weekend. Taking it a step further, I am not for continuity of equality between the ?HC and GM, and especially not for continuity of leaving star players on the draft board because someone may have said they had off the field issues. Drafting 2 safeties with Cook and Watson/Kizer still on the board is grounds for immediate termination, and I was an ardent Mac supporter. Having to watch this boring as cornflakes offense for 16 games this season pisses me off to no end when we could have had 2 star players on offense to be exited about. Our defense would suck with or without 2 rookie safeties, but the offense would have had some excitement to it had he done the right thing.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

And if it doesn't happen then what, you fly planes and hand billboards  ?  

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Logic tells me that it will be hard for Woody to hire someone to replace Bowles.

Honestly, it was hard to find someone to replace Idzik and Rex.  That is why we have who we have.

Good news and bad news-this is just Hess all over again.  Hess wanted to do things his way, with his yes people, and the franchise deteriorated.  He needed to bring Parcells in, give him complete control, and fix the direction of the team before he can sell it.

Woody ain't getting any younger.  The next FO should give completely control with no Johnsons.  I don't know if the Johnsons are ready for that yet.

36 minutes ago, Stark said:

This!

IT's Reid, yes, Reid's offense. Sorry but this "great" assistant doesn't have me convinced of anything when he isn't really the coordinator as much as just having the title and being Reid's errand boy.

Good luck talking to Philc1. He thinks the GM masterminds everything and has the OC trainee execute it.

The HC has no role, which explains the wiffle-waffle sugar shack fraud in his avatar.

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Logic tells me that it will be hard for Woody to hire someone to replace Bowles.

Honestly, it was hard to find someone to replace Idzik and Rex.  That is why we have who we have.

Good news and bad news-this is just Hess all over again.  Hess wanted to do things his way, with his yes people, and the franchise deteriorated.  He needed to bring Parcells in, give him complete control, and fix the direction of the team before he can sell it.

Woody ain't getting any younger.  The next FO should give completely control with no Johnsons.  I don't know if the Johnsons are ready for that yet.

The Houston Rockets just went for over 2 billion. So you'd think the Jets would be more valuable. Maybe right now with this roster not worth as much but a lot of potential down the road as a NYC franchise. Cuban would be a lot of fun. PS a few years ago the NFL chose the Pegulas over Donald Trump to own the Bills. Trump had a bad rep in football due to his reputation as owner of the Generals. I wonder if Woody supported Trump or the Pegulas at that time. 

Archived