Matt Nagy - Remember the Name Because he's your Next Head Coach

Philc1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The Houston Rockets just went for over 2 billion. So you'd think the Jets would be more valuable. Maybe right now with this roster not worth as much but a lot of potential down the road as a NYC franchise. Cuban would be a lot of fun. PS a few years ago the NFL chose the Pegulas over Donald Trump to own the Bills. Trump had a bad rep in football due to his reputation as owner of the Generals. I wonder if Woody supported Trump or the Pegulas at that time. 

Its really great that Trump can be President but he can't own an NFL team that has not made the playoffs in 17 years.

On Nagy-

• I am sure he has alot of positives as a coach.
  • It would be nice if he shaved for his official picture.
  • He does somewhat meet the profile of an Assistant who supposedly has a job but basically just minds the store for the real person in charge.

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

When a team fires a coach every few years it sends a message to the other coaches

that message is "hey, don't take this job, dummy." 

Prediction Todd Bowles is not getting fired because Woody is in the UK and doesn't care. 

No offense, but this is an extraordinarily dumb reason to not fire someone, for so many reasons.

For one, if you have a job opening, you want a candidate that has enough confidence in himself that he believes he can change things. Not some soft ass who worries about failing in the same way his predecessor did and getting canned. He shouldn't be thinking about Herm or Rex or Todd, he should be focused on proving he was the right choice. 

Now, if you say a coach wouldn't want to work for this owner because he's a loser, that's an entirely different story. But it shouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the guys before you were crappy coaches, independent of other factors.

23 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The Houston Rockets just went for over 2 billion. So you'd think the Jets would be more valuable. Maybe right now with this roster not worth as much but a lot of potential down the road as a NYC franchise. Cuban would be a lot of fun. PS a few years ago the NFL chose the Pegulas over Donald Trump to own the Bills. Trump had a bad rep in football due to his reputation as owner of the Generals. I wonder if Woody supported Trump or the Pegulas at that time. 

I think it was more so the fact that at his urging the USFL moved its season to start in the Fall and filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL. If I remember correctly, jury found that the NFL had violated the anti-monopoly laws, but only awarded the USFL $1

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

People who play and coach or have played or coached in the NFL, including HOF'ers talk about how great a coach Bowles is.

The only negative things I've ever read about Bowles comes from Jet fans. 

Just saying. 

The jury is still out, as based on his first year I think the observations were consistent.  

From 2016 going forward, those observations are not consistent with how he is coaching now. 

At this point one has to wonder if Bowles is being "protected" and if NFL people are reluctant to criticize him.  They are a strong old boy network with a variety of agendae.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:01 PM, bitonti said:

When a team fires a coach every few years it sends a message to the other coaches

that message is "hey, don't take this job, dummy." 

Prediction Todd Bowles is not getting fired because Woody is in the UK and doesn't care. 

Exactly.  Positions like ours are only for the more desperate/rookie coaches, even if we usually get pretty excited over our new hires.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:46 AM, RESNewYork said:

People who play and coach or have played or coached in the NFL, including HOF'ers talk about how great a coach Bowles is.

Just saying. 

I'm sure he is a great coach, but he's a horrible manager, leader, motivator, and strategist. 

If we can demote him to DC I wouldn't be adverse to that.  

On 9/14/2017 at 9:46 AM, RESNewYork said:

Just saying. 

21 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Stupid is as stupid does.

20 hours ago, varjet said:

The jury is still out, as based on his first year I think the observations were consistent.  

From 2016 going forward, those observations are not consistent with how he is coaching now. 

At this point one has to wonder if Bowles is being "protected" and if NFL people are reluctant to criticize him.  They are a strong old boy network with a variety of agendae.

33 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'm sure he is a great coach, but he's a horrible manager, leader, motivator, and strategist. 

If we can demote him to DC I wouldn't be adverse to that.  

To me there seems to be a correlation between QB play and Bowles record. 2105 he got strong play from fitz, win 10 games. Opposite for 2016. And we are only 1 game in for 17. Bottom line I stand by statement and would rather hear the opinions of actual NFL people than the fans.

I dont understand fans that scream for a HC with an offensive background. People feel that equates to being stronger on that side of the ball. Well it doesn't. What determines if you have a good offense is personnel. Look at the giants offense these last two seasons. They have a HC with offensive background but they win with defense. And there is a long list of examples to prove it.  

Archived