Next season...

JetFanatic

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Allen Robinson is an excellent target, and I think Donte Moncrief would be a good alternate target -- he's actually done OK despite playing in the INDY sh*t show

24 and under 2018 UFA WRs

Sammy Watkins WR 24 LA                  
Davante Adams WR 24 GB                  
Allen Robinson WR 24 JAC                  
Jarvis Landry WR 24 MIA                  
Donte Moncrief WR 24 IND                  
De'Anthony Thomas WR 24 KC                  

I'd take Jarvis Landry over all of them in that group! If we're sticking with the WCO you need guys that are strong & can YAC. With Stewart, those are 2 guys that catch & straight arm. Nice combo, plus you hope Hansen develops & you've got your speed & good hands in Anderson. People laugh & make fun of Anderson here but if he was playing in an offense with more weapons & a stud QB, he'd be scary as sh*t. 

Plus you hurt a division foe stealing him from Miami. Jets have got to get TOUGHER on offense. They are way to weak at the point of attack, have not 1 RB that can break tackles, and we still don't know what we have in the youngsters at WR (though Stewart looks the part & plays tough), Hansen (we'll find out more as he gets integrated as the season progresses). Too bad Leggette is banged up. Tye could be a nice 3rd down, pass catching TE in this WCO. We need a more versatile (let's hope ASJ stays off the juice).

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Bigggg Macccc gonna be 4 for 4 babby

God I pray Adams becomes a 12 year fixture with the Jets to shut you up. My god, it's never ending with your whining! Let's blame a GM coming here left 2 starters from 6 years of ineptitude. While we're at it let's just blame him for everything that's happened since we won our Super Bowl. 

36 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'd take Jarvis Landry over all of them in that group! If we're sticking with the WCO you need guys that are strong & can YAC. With Stewart, those are 2 guys that catch & straight arm. Nice combo, plus you hope Hansen develops & you've got your speed & good hands in Anderson. People laugh & make fun of Anderson here but if he was playing in an offense with more weapons & a stud QB, he'd be scary as sh*t. 

Plus you hurt a division foe stealing him from Miami. Jets have got to get TOUGHER on offense. They are way to weak at the point of attack, have not 1 RB that can break tackles, and we still don't know what we have in the youngsters at WR (though Stewart looks the part & plays tough), Hansen (we'll find out more as he gets integrated as the season progresses). Too bad Leggette is banged up. Tye could be a nice 3rd down, pass catching TE in this WCO. We need a more versatile (let's hope ASJ stays off the juice).

Paying free agents fair market value is not stealing and does not hurt division foes.  

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'd love Landry also.  I love his game.  I most definitely wouldn't mind a receiving corp or Landry, Enunwa, Stewart, Anderson, Hansen.  I think as Stewart and Hansen grow and get acclimated to the offense they'll be more effective.  Need offensive lineman and that QB to help out though!  I think it happens this offseason.  After this upcoming offseason I don't think we'll be that far away guys.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Agreed about Landry, but I figured the find would tag him

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed about Landry, but I figured the find would tag him

Let's hope Tanny effs up & doesnt have enough to keep him. Fins have a lot of huge contracts, Suh (26 million), Tannyhill (20 million), & 7 guys at an average of 10 million in 2018! We have Mo, lol.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Allen Robinson is an excellent target, and I think Donte Moncrief would be a good alternate target -- he's actually done OK despite playing in the INDY sh*t show

Sammy Watkins WR 24 LA                  
Davante Adams WR 24 GB                  
Allen Robinson WR 24 JAC                  
Jarvis Landry WR 24 MIA                  
Donte Moncrief WR 24 IND                  

So all the guys Idzik passed on to pick Pryor (minus Watkins).  Got it :) 

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

I'd love Landry also.  I love his game.  I most definitely wouldn't mind a receiving corp or Landry, Enunwa, Stewart, Anderson, Hansen.  I think as Stewart and Hansen grow and get acclimated to the offense they'll be more effective.  Need offensive lineman and that QB to help out though!  I think it happens this offseason.  After this upcoming offseason I don't think we'll be that far away guys.

I liked what I saw from Kearse last week.  It's way early, but I wouldn't be sure he doesn't get extended and end up sticking around.  Not as a #1, but definitely could be a good #2/#3 WR here.  

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Everyone has the same record before week one and the record at the end means nothing without a strong playoff push we had strong playoff pushes with woody as our owner...I don't get your point?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Using his entire ownership period.... we are a sub 500 team, probably bottom third. 2 playoff runs don't change the facts that we've gone through HCs, GMs etc.....   and are a bottom half  team under Woody.  

7 hours ago, nycdan said:

I liked what I saw from Kearse last week.  It's way early, but I wouldn't be sure he doesn't get extended and end up sticking around.  Not as a #1, but definitely could be a good #2/#3 WR here.  

I like how he was controlling the middle of the field.  Here's to hoping that ASJ helps him out when he returns opening it up for Anderson and Hansen on the outside.

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

As long as Woody is here.....    we will be a bottom 3rd team.  

Well it's a good thing he's stuck in the UK for the next 4 years (possibly more, but I'm not going down that road with this thread)

16 hours ago, nycdan said:

Agreed, if Kearse continues his solid play let's hope Stewart basically becomes our Jarvis Landry. I haven't seen enough of Stewart but I like the way he attacks the ball & looks to shove people down that are after him. I'm thinking Enunwa will probably never be the same coming back from a serious neck injury so we need Hansen to also shine at some point.

I know injuries are a part of the NFL, but in a strange way the Enunwa injury might help the Jets. With so little talent at WR & unknowns Quincy & his agent would have been really pushing the Jets & I could have seen them WAY overpaying for a #2 wideout. If he does come back it won't be for the payday he was looking at before the injury. Bad for Quincy maybe good for the Jets.

This thread as devolved into a "what offensive free agent can the Jets sign next March?". And that's a reminder that for a very long time this franchise has inexplicably acted like drafting offensive players was beneath them. That Dalvin Cook or some OL guy wasn't taken in the 2nd (without even discussing Adams over Watson or Mahomes) was a f___ing disgrace. 

On 9/12/2017 at 10:48 PM, JetFanatic said:

Sadly I'm already looking forward to next season which could have this team look a lot different but a good different.  If what we saw on Sunday happens to be what happens throughout the season then it's safe to say that we're landing one of the top QBs.  This team is young and the talent just isn't there yet so getting one of these top QBs is very realistic.  Let's say its Sam Darnold with Josh Rosen being a worse case scenario pick if Darnold were to stay in school or if we don't get the #1 overall pick.  So now we have a potential stud franchise QB in Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen.  

Let's say Allen Robinson is very unhappy in Jacksonville with Bortles and the quarterback situation and he wants out so let's say he played his last down as a Jaguar this past Sunday.  Allen Robinson is a Free Agent after this season.  The Jets are going into next season with a TON of money to hopefully spend on the right young Free Agents.  With what will most likely be an anemic offensive all season long due to injuries and the youth factor I can the Jets taking a long look at this kid depending on how he recovers from his injury.  He'll only be 25 next season and he's a stud.  Could we lure him in with the plan of having that young stud franchise QB in place and him being the focal point on offense?  Hopefully playing in New York with a management team that hopefully has a plan can bring him in here and I think there's a good chance that it happens if he doesn't resign.

So now we potentially have our franchise QB and an absolute stud receiver.  We have two 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft and with the rest of the CAP money they can fill a lot of holes on this team.  We have enough to sign 2 or 3 impact players along with resigning our own.  Hopefully we get Enunwa locked up.  We can realistically sign a LT or CB or OLB and fill in the rest of the gaps via the draft.  If I'm the Jets I'm taking a close look at what positions this upcoming draft will be strong in.  If there's a ton of solid OLBs and LTs coming out of this draft then I'm looking to sign a talented young CB and drafting the best LT available with our first 2nd round pick and drafting the best available OLB with our second 2nd round pick.  

I hate to already be looking to next season and I know there are a lot of 'what ifs' and 'lets says' but we have a high pick and a lot of money to spend in this upcoming offseason.  This season is going to be rough there's no doubt about it it's natural growing pains with a young team but there's going to be a lot of positive change coming up next season.

the thing is things can turn very quickly in the nfl.  who knows what's going to happen to the rest of the teams the jets do play.  injuries or just flat out coaching failures or even luck happen all the time.  not to say the jets look like they will even win a game but things do happen. and what we all want to see from the jets is improvement over the season or we'll be talking about another 3 years of rebuilding.

with regard to the salary cap, i wouldn't be fooled by the amount.  it sounds like a lot but when you consider a slug like wilk getting 17 million, it gets eroded very quickly.  i know that there are ways to work around the restricting.  my point being that they still need to be careful in who they sign and keep. we'll see what happens.  best case is they get loaded with talent and make it easy for either bowles or the next guy to mold into a winner.

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This thread as devolved into a "what offensive free agent can the Jets sign next March?". And that's a reminder that for a very long time this franchise has inexplicably acted like drafting offensive players was beneath them. That Dalvin Cook or some OL guy wasn't taken in the 2nd (without even discussing Adams over Watson or Mahomes) was a f___ing disgrace. 

Let's hope 2018 is all about offense & over the next 5 years Adams & Maye become a household name attached at the hip as the best safety tandem in the NFL (could happen). Instead of talking about Cook, how about Hunt? But, we still have no idea what we have in McGuire who looked quick & shifty in preseason. I listened to Bill Polian last night talking about college olines & he was saying it's very difficult to grade them because most teams are going to hurry up wide open offense where they are basically asked to just slide protections for 3 seconds. Then they get to the NFL & Von Miller is lined up over them,lol,

On 9/12/2017 at 10:48 PM, JetFanatic said:

Sadly I'm already looking forward to next season which could have this team look a lot different but a good different.  If what we saw on Sunday happens to be what happens throughout the season then it's safe to say that we're landing one of the top QBs.  This team is young and the talent just isn't there yet so getting one of these top QBs is very realistic.  Let's say its Sam Darnold with Josh Rosen being a worse case scenario pick if Darnold were to stay in school or if we don't get the #1 overall pick.  So now we have a potential stud franchise QB in Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen.  

Let's say Allen Robinson is very unhappy in Jacksonville with Bortles and the quarterback situation and he wants out so let's say he played his last down as a Jaguar this past Sunday.  Allen Robinson is a Free Agent after this season.  The Jets are going into next season with a TON of money to hopefully spend on the right young Free Agents.  With what will most likely be an anemic offensive all season long due to injuries and the youth factor I can the Jets taking a long look at this kid depending on how he recovers from his injury.  He'll only be 25 next season and he's a stud.  Could we lure him in with the plan of having that young stud franchise QB in place and him being the focal point on offense?  Hopefully playing in New York with a management team that hopefully has a plan can bring him in here and I think there's a good chance that it happens if he doesn't resign.

So now we potentially have our franchise QB and an absolute stud receiver.  We have two 2nd round picks in this upcoming draft and with the rest of the CAP money they can fill a lot of holes on this team.  We have enough to sign 2 or 3 impact players along with resigning our own.  Hopefully we get Enunwa locked up.  We can realistically sign a LT or CB or OLB and fill in the rest of the gaps via the draft.  If I'm the Jets I'm taking a close look at what positions this upcoming draft will be strong in.  If there's a ton of solid OLBs and LTs coming out of this draft then I'm looking to sign a talented young CB and drafting the best LT available with our first 2nd round pick and drafting the best available OLB with our second 2nd round pick.  

I hate to already be looking to next season and I know there are a lot of 'what ifs' and 'lets says' but we have a high pick and a lot of money to spend in this upcoming offseason.  This season is going to be rough there's no doubt about it it's natural growing pains with a young team but there's going to be a lot of positive change coming up next season.

So glad we drafted Jace Amaro instead of this loser....

19 hours ago, nycdan said:

I totally agree with this. I like him and Kerley, both are professional in their work and will be an asset to these you WR's and whoever the Jets draft as QB.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

the thing is things can turn very quickly in the nfl.  who knows what's going to happen to the rest of the teams the jets do play.  injuries or just flat out coaching failures or even luck happen all the time.  not to say the jets look like they will even win a game but things do happen. and what we all want to see from the jets is improvement over the season or we'll be talking about another 3 years of rebuilding.

with regard to the salary cap, i wouldn't be fooled by the amount.  it sounds like a lot but when you consider a slug like wilk getting 17 million, it gets eroded very quickly.  i know that there are ways to work around the restricting.  my point being that they still need to be careful in who they sign and keep. we'll see what happens.  best case is they get loaded with talent and make it easy for either bowles or the next guy to mold into a winner.

I definitely want to see this team succeed.  Oddly enough that can happen while losing due to the increase in terms of draft pick.  I find myself in a good situation where if the Jets win I'm of course happy because I love them, but at the same time if they lose I'm also okay with it because I know that's a step in the right direction in regards to getting that franchise quarterback which is desperately needed.

I hope we use the CAP money to get some good young talent in here.  Holes need to be filled.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:59 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Sammy Watkins WR 24 LA                  
Davante Adams WR 24 GB                  
Allen Robinson WR 24 JAC                  
Jarvis Landry WR 24 MIA                  
Donte Moncrief WR 24 IND                  

Could even throw big bucks at Bell if the Steelers don't come to an agreement with him. 

Sadly, in looking into next season for the first time in my life. Never really got into college ball but it has me watching every Saturday now. Particularly USC and UCLA for obvious reasons. I'm SO tired of the Jets being a huge punchline on NFL Network .. ESPN .. they don't even want to cover our upcoming games and make predications day in and day out like they do every other team in the league. We are a laughing stock and essentially don't even exist in the minds of those guys. Pretty sad. I'm just praying things finally consistently go good for us next year and beyond. Patriots were trash for years before the early 2000's right? Maybe when Brady leaves we can turn a new leaf...sooner than later rather... my little brother is just now getting into football and the poor kid is a Jet fan because of me and my obsession with NYJ..lol I have to keep telling him next year man we'll get our QB ..we'll be straight.(he is 12. Just now understanding the concept of the draft and college ball .) 

IMG_1382.PNG

Archived