If Hack plays vs Oakland

AFJF

How do you think Hack will look if he plays against Oakland?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Hack will look if he plays against Oakland?

• Completely lost...embarassing
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • He'll look great and silence the critics

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness to Hack, I don't think he or Petty will stand a chance to do much against this defense.  I know Brandon Shell has yet to allow a sack in his four pro starts, but Mack makes some of the best O-linemen in the NFL look like amateurs.  I think he's gonna' have a field day against Shell and Beachum.

You can't win in Oakland with a super conservative offense which is the level Hack is on. It was conservative in Buffalo but you're hoping with new players and a Qb who didn't play much until last Sunday they will be more ready to open it up. Again the regular season isn't for tryouts. You play the Qb who gives you the best chance to win. If they lose with McCown then I can see going to Petty and later to Hack. But I give McCown at least the first four starts. 

The Raiders are a well-constructed team which was not very good the SECOND TO LAST time the Jets picked 6th.

They have built through the lines, and found a QB, patiently.

What the Jets have done is in the past, but its time that Jets build themselves up correctly.

35 minutes ago, AFJF said:

In fairness to Hack, I don't think he or Petty will stand a chance to do much against this defense.  I know Brandon Shell has yet to allow a sack in his four pro starts, but Mack makes some of the best O-linemen in the NFL look like amateurs.  I think he's gonna' have a field day against Shell and Beachum.

Their defense is not that good.  Mack is the only one that consistently provide pressure.

25 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Sunday is going to not be pretty for the G&W. The QB will not matter

Jets need to do something radical like fake punts or throwing the ball more than 5 yds

Sometime this year. maybe even Sunday, the Jets will win one of these David vs Goliath scenarios. When that happens, it will be a blast.

Haha.. well done. So awesome that those are on the same line. LOL

This almost (almost) isn't even about Hack... Our offensive line is terrible right now. I don't care who is back there, they're not succeeding until that unit plays better as a whole. 

That's part of why I was fine with MC starting. He's the tackling dummy as we try to figure out some line issues... If we can. 

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Hack is a gameday player. Some guys don't look good in practices and practice games. Bright lights, big city - Hackenberg would light the Oakland Raiders up and go on to solidify himself as an all-time Jet. He's just waiting for his shot.

Agreed.

9 TOUCHDOWNS!

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Most real fans are fading away and allowing these knuckleheads to circle jerk each other in every thread bashing every Jet player and member of the organization. It's going to get worse as the season goes along. 

How much more complaining do the SOJF need to do until you fade away?  Asking for a friend...

Not only will he look great, he will drag petty out to midfield after the game, reach down his throat with his bare hand, rip out petty's still beating heart and eat it right in front of him.

Horrified,  petty will gurgle out his last dying words, "hold the fort, the cavalry is coming"

Archived