Just applied to work for the JETS :)

NYallDay

I worked in pro sports a while back. Just remember that if you want the job, tell them it's because you want THE JOB and not it's a chance to fulfill a lifelong dream of getting into the sports industry.  Most people in the industry just see it as a job, no more, no less.  It's cool that they work in a fun field, but it's just another industry vertical (like insurance or construction). Do not suggest that your dream job is to work in the NFL in any capacity.  That sh*t turns people right off.  They don't want superfans running the hallways being awe struck at the talent.  It's uncomfortable and wierd.  Some answers to basic questions about how you feel about the industry/celebrity/athletes/etc...are that you don't really care about celebrity, you enjoy sports but you aren't any sort of fanatic - you don't "get" that level of intensity over something you have no control over.  Tell yourself that you aren't a die hard Jets fan anymore, you are just a casual NY sports fan and you prefer sports that you can play like tennis, squash, golf, whatever.  If they ask if you have ever worked with a celebrity or sports figure, mention that you had worked a volunteer event with entertainer "X" - and that you found him/her to be very normal and just couldn't imagine how they put up with the craziness that comes with the spotlight.  Mention that it seems almost oppressive to have to live that way under constant scrutiny and fan expectations.  Of course this is just general advice, I have no idea what kind of answers they like in the NYJ Offices. They might love having Jet fanatics for all I know...but I seriously doubt it.  I'd hit up linked in and see what connections you have to the organization.  You may be able to do some recon through your connections.

Best of luck.

I worked in pro sports a while back. Just remember that if you want the job, tell them it's because you want THE JOB and not it's a chance to fulfill a lifelong dream of getting into the sports industry.  Most people in the industry just see it as a job, no more, no less.  It's cool that they work in a fun field, but it's just another industry vertical (like insurance or construction). Do not suggest that your dream job is to work in the NFL in any capacity.  That sh*t turns people right off.  They don't want superfans running the hallways being awe struck at the talent.  It's uncomfortable and wierd.  Some answers to basic questions about how you feel about the industry/celebrity/athletes/etc...are that you don't really care about celebrity, you enjoy sports but you aren't any sort of fanatic - you don't "get" that level of intensity over something you have no control over.  Tell yourself that you aren't a die hard Jets fan anymore, you are just a casual NY sports fan and you prefer sports that you can play like tennis, squash, golf, whatever.  If they ask if you have ever worked with a celebrity or sports figure, mention that you had worked a volunteer event with entertainer "X" - and that you found him/her to be very normal and just couldn't imagine how they put up with the craziness that comes with the spotlight.  Mention that it seems almost oppressive to have to live that way under constant scrutiny and fan expectations.  Of course this is just general advice, I have no idea what kind of answers they like in the NYJ Offices. They might love having Jet fanatics for all I know...but I seriously doubt it.  I'd hit up linked in and see what connections you have to the organization.  You may be able to do some recon through your connections.
Best of luck.

Truly appreciate this. Thank you very much man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived