Looks Like Mauldin is Done

sciond

News today indicates Jets edge rusher Lorenzo Mauldin is likely finished for the season and will need back surgery. Mauldin had been placed on injured reserve after the preseason, but the roster maneuvering the Jets made left hope he could be activated at some point this year. Those hopes are apparently gone.

Mauldin has not developed the way the Jets have hoped he would. He was unable to claim a full-time role a year ago, and this injury puts him even further back. At this point, it would be a major surprise if he is able to earn a second contract.

Mauldin's status leaves Mike Maccagnan's 2015 Draft class looking less than stellar. Leonard Williams was a major hit, but there is little after that. Devin Smith and Mauldin are on injured reserve. Bryce Petty is buried on the bench, and Jarvis Harrison and Deon Simon aren't on the roster.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/9/14/16309396/lorenzo-mauldin-likely-out-for-the-year

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Man,  Leonard Williams was the best player in the draft at a position that warrants a Top 10 pick. But Lee and Adams were idiotic picks. Even if he is the so called best player in the draft, safeties should NEVER be taken at 6. 

Sean Taylor was a good pick at 6.  For what they do, Berry and Thomas too.

I like Jamal Adams, but I don't think he is that athletic.

You Jet GMs crack me up. You can never foresee injuries in this game. There were tons of you wanna be GMs that wanted White at WR in 2015 too. Sh*t happens. Now Milliner coming off injuries in college that's a different story. 

Macc has had some bad luck including Devin Smith. Just imagine Idzik best pick Enunwa also might not ever play again. Just bad luck when it comes to injuries.

2 hours ago, sciond said:

News today indicates Jets edge rusher Lorenzo Mauldin is likely finished for the season and will need back surgery. Mauldin had been placed on injured reserve after the preseason, but the roster maneuvering the Jets made left hope he could be activated at some point this year. Those hopes are apparently gone.

Mauldin has not developed the way the Jets have hoped he would. He was unable to claim a full-time role a year ago, and this injury puts him even further back. At this point, it would be a major surprise if he is able to earn a second contract.

Mauldin's status leaves Mike Maccagnan's 2015 Draft class looking less than stellar. Leonard Williams was a major hit, but there is little after that. Devin Smith and Mauldin are on injured reserve. Bryce Petty is buried on the bench, and Jarvis Harrison and Deon Simon aren't on the roster.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/9/14/16309396/lorenzo-mauldin-likely-out-for-the-year

tough break for the guy. i think it's hard to say a guy hasn't developed as he should if he was nursing an injury through it all.  good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

You Jet GMs crack me up. You can never foresee injuries in this game. There were tons of you wanna be GMs that wanted White at WR in 2015 too. Sh*t happens. Now Milliner coming off injuries in college that's a different story. 

Macc has had some bad luck including Devin Smith. Just imagine Idzik best pick Enunwa also might not ever play again. Just bad luck when it comes to injuries.

Enunwa was the best value pick, but hardly his best pick. Way too overrated. 

Archived