Jets Waive DL Claude Pelon

joewilly12

Jets Waive DL Claude Pelon

Posted 4 hours ago

Lange_Randy-headshot.jpgRandy LangeNYJets.com Contributor@rlangejets

•  
  •  

First-Year Player from Southern Cal Played 17 Defensive Snaps & Notched 2 Tackles at Buffalo

E_MK4_1167-pelon-story.jpg

The Jets have waived defensive lineman Claude Pelonicon-article-link.gif.

Pelon had been with the Green & White since he signed as an undrafted free agent out of Southern California following the 2016 NFL Draft. The 6'4", 300-pounder had two stints on the practice squad last season and signed a reserve future contract on Jan. 2 of this year.

Pelon participated in 126 defensive snaps and had a half-sack this preseason. In the season opener at Buffalo, the first-year player was in for 17 defensive plays and had two tackles.

I think they pretty much have to add another DL - don't think they can go with 5 DLs.  Deon Simon  is on the Practice Squad but he's more of a NT. My guess is either a guy off another teams practice squad or a vet street free agent. Maybe Lawrence Thomas who I thought looked good in the preseason?

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think they pretty much have to add another DL - don't think they can go with 5 DLs.  Deon Simon  is on the Practice Squad but he's more of a NT. My guess is either a guy off another teams practice squad or a vet street free agent. Maybe Lawrence Thomas who I thought looked good in the preseason?

I think we need more safeties. 

11 hours ago, varjet said:

He looked great playing other scrubs in preseason games.  They put him in against a good OL and he looked like do do.  

The Jets coaches should have been able to see this before.  Lawrence Thomas has looked good in NFL games.

Not great management.

Does this only work for players they play  and release or players they don't play and still keep ?

23 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Wow. One bad game and out  How did Fitz stick around so long last year?

Archived