Bryce Petty: This is my second chance

Patriot Killa

2 hours ago, glenn31 said:

We clearly see the QB abilities of Bryce Petty along 2 different wavelengths and we simply won't reach a consensus until his play proves one of us wrong.

Let's just agree to disagree and carry on with this miserable season produced by a miserable organization.

I for one hope that you are wrong because if you are right I'm jumping!!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I for one hope that you are wrong because if you are right I'm jumping!!!!

Why, is Bryce Petty starting a football game that important to your day to day ? In 2 more weeks, barring injury, Bryce Petty will have 8 weeks barring injury to prove to the Jets that he can be a capable backup to who ever we draft next April . After that, I think Hackenberg gets the last 4 weeks to prove he should be the backup or that he should have a roster spot with this team .

Jet fans have been proven wrong about just about everything they complain about from the start of OTAs to today, yet they keep complaining . They must actually enjoy being miserable .

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Backup for 30 other teams = capable starter for us.  Josh McCown is also a backup, and Christian Hackenberg is a future CFL backup.  

What do we have to lose?

The answer to that question is why you and others like you should stop questioning people who know more than you do .

50 minutes ago, Stark said:

We do need to see Petty in real game action, against starters. This season should be used to figure out what we have with all the young players that we have to put on the field. That includes the WR's too. Live and Die with the kids.

I don't want to see anymore Jeremy Kerley (unless fair catching a punt). 

Starters barring injury should be:

QB- Petty 

RB- Powell

WR- Anderson, Kearse, Stewart, Hansen 

TE- ASJ / TYE

TE -Neil Sterling 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

The answer to that question is why you and others like you should stop questioning people who know more than you do .

Don't think we have many gun smiths on the board, but I think most would agree that this is a bad design............and be right. :)

rewolwer.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

I can't think of a legitimate reason to carry on with this McClown shambles. Sink or swim with the kids otherwise it's another wasted season behind an over the hill QB.

We had the opportunity to draft one of the top college QB's in the draft we chose not to our GM chose to sign McCown as if it were the thing to do, he learned nothing from the Ryan Fitzpatrick debacle here and here we are today. For that and the roster being in the worst shape in years Mike Maccagnan needs to be fired along with the entire coaching staff. 

6 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why, is Bryce Petty starting a football game that important to your day to day ? In 2 more weeks, barring injury, Bryce Petty will have 8 weeks barring injury to prove to the Jets that he can be a capable backup to who ever we draft next April . After that, I think Hackenberg gets the last 4 weeks to prove he should be the backup or that he should have a roster spot with this team .

Jet fans have been proven wrong about just about everything they complain about from the start of OTAs to today, yet they keep complaining . They must actually enjoy being miserable .

My comment had little to do with Bryce Petty.  

I was saying I hoped the other poster was wrong because if he was right in effect that means that the Jets current plan was going to have a reset and I was saying I don't think that my nerves could take it  (hmmmm it was callled a joke)

Finally on this point I do want Petty to start over McCown but that hardly is crazy but I am on record as saying that Bowles has an obligation to make sure that Petty is in a situation where he can succeed and I agree with that  

And I for one am quite happy. I teach Happiness classes in college; work with students who have or are suicidal and help change their lives to ones based on hope; I also have tons of clients who I work for on a pro bono basis and so on. I am not complaining about anything, rather i am stating my views on a team I follow since I was a child, on a message board; a message board.

I think that I neither denigrate others nor do I claim that I am right and others are somehow defective for having opposing viewpoints; I am simply out here discussing the Jets and my opinions thereto.  

I start McCown vs the Fins and the following week and hope he plays well. But if we continue to lose (and if he is ok) I'd try to trade McCown. The trading deadline is Halloween at 4 pm. And there will be more teams with starting Qbs injured who still think they can win. With a competent game manager.It would be worth it to give up a draft pick for him if their backup is mediocre. It would kill two birds with one stone. Give our younger Qbs a chance to play. And get return. I don't do it though if we turn it around and start winning. But after seeing what we did yesterday it's doubtful. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

My comment had little to do with Bryce Petty.  

I was saying I hoped the other poster was wrong because if he was right in effect that means that the Jets current plan was going to have a reset and I was saying I don't think that my nerves could take it  (hmmmm it was callled a joke)

Finally on this point I do want Petty to start over McCown but that hardly is crazy but I am on record as saying that Bowles has an obligation to make sure that Petty is in a situation where he can succeed and I agree with that  

And I for one am quite happy. I teach Happiness classes in college; work with students who have or are suicidal and help change their lives to ones based on hope; I also have tons of clients who I work for on a pro bono basis and so on. I am not complaining about anything, rather i am stating my views on a team I follow since I was a child, on a message board; a message board.

I think that I neither denigrate others nor do I claim that I am right and others are somehow defective for having opposing viewpoints; I am simply out here discussing the Jets and my opinions thereto.  

Most eloquent if I do say so myself .   I apologize to you sir if my questions came off as insulting .  I ask questions so I can get answers and I sell what I was asked to sell  . It rubs some the wrong way, but I never thought you would be one of them . 

You sir appear to be "a friend of ours" .

Its a guarantee Petty and Hack will play at some point this year.  McCown is injury prone, and he's the fall guy when fans really are fed up of the product.  Of course the thirst for blood is not rational, and it will be clear that Petty and Hack are significantly worse (and it's not like we haven't seen them already being terrible football players against preseason squads), but at least if you delay things for awhile it will buy them a few more games whereas if you put them in now, people will want the next guy literally the following week.

Anyway, its clear none of these guys are going to be here very long.  The smart fan should be interested in how to best showcase our young guys at other positions, and yea I think McCown does a better job of keeping things reasonable and not in a perpetual situation where a team is down 30 points at half time.

Archived