Predict our next coach

long suffering jets fan

11 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Let's see what Morton does with the offense over the next few weeks.  He's got enough on his plate now.  I would be great to see some improvement.

It's my feeling that now that the roster is set Bowles does not have that much to do besides bring moral down and instill his fears in everyone. 

Morton's play calling really has nothing to do with his being the interim HC. He brings a lot of fire and could provide an identity. It may be less work for him if he didn't have to go over his offensive game plan with Todd and have all of his downfield routes taken out. 

Couldn't do any worse IMO. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

It's my feeling that now that the roster is set Bowles does not have that much to do besides bring moral down and instill his fears in everyone. 

Morton's play calling really has nothing to do with his being the interim HC. He brings a lot of fire and could provide an identity.

Couldn't do any worse IMO. 

Couldn't do any worse than Morton?

14 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Let's see what Morton does with the offense over the next few weeks.  He's got enough on his plate now.  It would be great to see some improvement.

Why does anyone assume Morton is good at all?  Is he like the new Hackenberg like Jets homers think he's this hidden offensive gem nobody knows about?

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

Couldn't do any worse than Morton?

I do know this is sarcastic but I don't know how good or bad Morton would be without Bowles. I do know that he gets the players attention.

I also know that like the players it would be a good idea to see what we have during this throwaway year before we clean house.

It couldn't hurt to try something else when what we're doing isn't working. It would be free. They already know the system and worse case scenario is we get the first pick. 

This is Morgan's first opportunity to call plays.  Now it's not his fault this O is going to be historically bad but no one knows how good he would be.  He is too inexperienced to be given the the Jets best QB prospect in 53 years.  Same thing can be said about Nagy.

Ideally, Payton or McCarthy would be the best options but highly unlikely.  

Im also not convinced that Jon Gruden would be fully committed for the long term.  And the last thing we need is another Parcells telling Archie that he doesn't plan on being around long enough for Peyton to be any good.

My early guess would be Todd Haley and if they went the college route, Dan Mullin of Miss St.  what both of these guys have done in the current roles is nothing short of miraculous.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The dream: Jim Harbaugh

The eh: Bill O'Brien, and two seasons of Hack

The likely: Bob Stoops

i wouldn't mind seeing obrien.  but you really think he'd tolerate hack if he didn't perform?  this guy changes qb's like he's changing his clothes.  and what he might do is actually make hack into a bona fide nfl qb.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The dream: Jim Harbaugh

The eh: Bill O'Brien, and two seasons of Hack

The likely: Bob Stoops

Harbaugh? Keep dreaming. As constituted Michigan could probably beat this right now and they don't look to good so far so there's that.

O'Brien and 2 seasons of Hack? Kill me now.

Stoops?  SANTO CAZZO MADRE DI CRISTO

32 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So that's the new excuse?  What's next Hackenberg and Devin Smith were "ruined" by Todd Bowles?

You got problems. I never said anything about that. You don't even know if Morton is going to be good ornot yet and you think I'm making excuses for him. 

You need some more hugs from your mother. 

36 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I do know this is sarcastic but I don't know how good or bad Morton would be without Bowles. I do know that he gets the players attention.

I also know that like the players it would be a good idea to see what we have during this throwaway year before we clean house.

It couldn't hurt to try something else when what we're doing isn't working. It would be free. They already know the system and worse case scenario is we get the first pick. 

Actually it wasn't sarcastic, it was a question.  I didn't know what you meant by:

"Couldn't do any worse IMO".  

Any worse than Morton?

Archived