### New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JiF said:

Didn't they sign Kerley?  Why isn't he fielding punts 

Because he is terrible at it. Yes he catches them.

Raymond screwed up. Next man up. But the goal is this year is finding longer term answers so I don't fault the staff for not having Kerley out there.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Didn't they sign Kerley?  Why isn't he fielding punts 

well Kerley was never that sure handed either probaby why he was in the dog house here when Blowes came in as HC ...I was worried about that punt I think he's dropped 3 of the last 5 punts hes fielded.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

The best is how much fail he'd have displayed by putting Kerley out there to fair catch it or return it for 5 yards. 

Gotta get these kids on the field... They couldn't do any worse... 

This is what I was just thinking to myself.  This is the same place furious any time a single veteran steps onto the field, because it doesn't matter how awful the kids are, they should always play this year.  Yet the failures of crappy young backups are suddenly so shocking and unforgivable?  Such a line of thinking certainly is... curious.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Raymond screwed up. Next man up. But the goal is this year is finding longer term answers so I don't fault the staff for not having Kerley out there.

Kerley was never that sure handed always very shaky fielding punts

It's the kind of play that happens to young and bad teams. Let's see if Bowles can get all these guys into dealing with it. And go back and play good football. I was rooting for our D to hold them to a FG but it didn't work out. McCown is a guy who can deal with it. He looked ok before that play. 

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

"I'm okay with putting Burris out there to take his lumps" or something like that.

Because an inconsistent corner, who has flashed briefly, on the field for multiple snaps a drive, was a mid round pick, is the same as a UDFA who goes on the field maybe 8-10 times in an entire game and muffs a majority of his opportunities.  If Raymond looked like this last week, he should have been benched for someone who could be relied upon.  That would be the right decision.

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because an inconsistent corner, who has flashed briefly, on the field for multiple snaps a drive, was a mid round pick, is the same as a UDFA who goes on the field maybe 8-10 times in an entire game and muffs a majority of his opportunities.  If Raymond looked like this last week, he should have been benched for someone who could be relied upon.  That would be the right decision.

I'm just messing with you on this one

2 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Despite those late first half cock ups, the Jets are not looking like an 0 and 16 team; 

Max, you may have the last laugh on those of us following the qb play at USC and UCLA each week. 

Lets wait and see the final score.

Archived