Petty Is The # 2 QB Today

JetsFanatic

Jets-QB Christian Hackenberg CB Derrick Jones S Rontez Miles LB Bruce Carter OL Jonathan Harrison TE Eric Tomlinson TE Jordan Leggett G Ben Braden CB Xavier Coleman G Geoff Gray RB Marcus Murphy WR Jojo Natson DL Deon Simon DB Terrell Sinkfield WR Damoreea Stringfellow

Raiders- QB Connor Cook DT Darius Latham DB Keith McGill ii FB/RB Jamize Olawale T David Sharpe CB Sean Smith T Jylan Ware 

CB Breon Borders DE Fadol Brown TE Pharaoh Brown LB Shillque Calhoun WR Keon Hatcher RB Elijah Hood G Jordan Simmons C James Stone DE Max Valles WR Isaac Whitney

Good to see it. Petty had a few starts last year and wasn't that good. Hack hasn't been in an NFL game yet and it really takes game action to evaluate a player. He did get a lot of it in preseason and doesn't look ready but I can see him playing later in the year. It's not a lock that we're going to get killed today either. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Good to see it. Petty had a few starts last year and wasn't that good. Hack hasn't been in an NFL game yet and it really takes game action to evaluate a player. He did get a lot of it in preseason and doesn't look ready but I can see him playing later in the year. It's not a lock that we're going to get killed today either. 

lol yes it is....we get spanked everytime we go to the black hole...and I mean when we have real teams, coaching, game plans and a mid level QB. 

Today we get mauled...picture the bear scene in "The Reverent"

58 minutes ago, AFJF said:

In this environment and this o-line, I wouldn't expect much from Hack or Petty, but Petty definitely deserves a shot more than Hack does.

Hack's not ready, let's face it.  It would have been great if he could grab the brass ring and become the starter this year, but the experiment is over.  Put him on the shelf for another year.  

Petty got hurt. They are satisfied that he is 100%, so he is the backup. This is exactly what I said would happen. This is good, McCown will get hurt and Petty can lead the Jets to a victory on the road.

Once again, there is no conspiracy theory here.

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

everybody good now ?

LOL. 

Can't wait for McCown to get off the field. Bring on Petty. Then I think Hack sees the field later this year after the Petty experiment officially ends. But hopefully Petty just runs with it. I don't want to watch the Jets lose all year, so let's go Jets.

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

everybody good now ?

Larz, at 8am: "Petty is 26 and is untradeable because he sucks."

Larz, at 3:30p, upon finding out that 26 year-old suckbag Petty has rendered former 2nd round pick Hackenberg inactive: "Clearly you guys don't understand four dimensional chess."

10 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Hack's not ready, let's face it.  It would have been great if he could grab the brass ring and become the starter this year, but the experiment is over.  Put him on the shelf for another year.  

I agree. Not playing any football will definitely make the bad football player better at football. 

The hysteria over Petty is really just evidence to how awful the Jets' situation truly is.  I'd love nothing more for the light to suddenly go on for him, but there's no evidence to suggest there's any realistic reason to believe that would happen.  Ultimately, he's just preferred over a nearly 40-year-old career backup and a guy who looks about as capable of being an NFL QB as those of us around here would be.

It makes sense for him to get the #2 spot, and it's not particularly surprising despite the outrage of some last week.  Sooner or later, all of the QBs will get their chance, if for no other reason than health, but there's little reason to be overly optimistic about it.  Mostly it will just be a holding pattern and checking out the rest of the players, while they wait to go get their next guy in the offseason.

23 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

lol yes it is....we get spanked everytime we go to the black hole...and I mean when we have real teams, coaching, game plans and a mid level QB. 

Today we get mauled...picture the bear scene in "The Reverent"

We killed them in 2009. You forgot that one. 

Archived