The Mike Glennon era is off to one heck of a start

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't see the game but his stats just were shown on the ticker.  31/45 for 301 yds 1 TD and 2 INTs.  Other than the INTS that sounds pretty good.

He turned the ball over 3 times in the first half including a pick 6. Majority of those passing stats came in garbage time. He was Sanchez terrible today 

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

He's a sh*tbag. And his number 1 fan is about as good at evaluating QB's as Glennon is at football.

Two years of telling us how much potential Mike Glennon and Geno Smith have. Ouch. 

Villain means well, but yea, wow right? Lol

55 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's week 2. 

Besides, I cant listen to those who thought paying Fitz was the right decision. 

I'll stick to my gunz. 

Even if Glennon ends up being a total bust, I still give you a lot of credit.  Let's not forget that he showed enough to get traded for and given the starting job.  That DOES count for something.

Didn't see any part of the game as I was at the sweep of the sh*tbirds at Wrigley.

But last week, if not for an absolute drop at the goal line with seconds left on the clock, he beats the 2016 NFC Champs in the season opener.

He must have really screwed the pooch today. 

4 hours ago, NJ said:

Didn't see any part of the game as I was at the sweep of the sh*tbirds at Wrigley.

But last week, if not for an absolute drop at the goal line with seconds left on the clock, he beats the 2016 NFC Champs in the season opener.

He must have really screwed the pooch today. 

Exactly. They don't watch the game, they google stats and records. 

I watched the game last night and the first int was actually a catch by the Bears TE but the Bucs LB snatched the ball right out of his hands. The 2nd was straight Glennon's fault. However the receivers dropped like 5 passes in the game, 3 or 4 of them on one drive close to the redzone. 5 passes dropped and Glennon still completed 68% of his passes and threw for over 300 yards.

Glennon would probably be in a worse situation here. But people who are talking how he and the bears started the season as if it's his fault obviously expects him to throw the ball and catch it as well. 

Bears would be 1-1 if not for 4 dropped TD passes in that first game. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I watched the game last night and the first int was actually a catch by the Bears TE but the Bucs LB snatched the ball right out of his hands. The 2nd was straight Glennon's fault. However the receivers dropped like 5 passes in the game, 3 or 4 of them on one drive close to the redzone. 5 passes dropped and Glennon still completed 68% of his passes and threw for over 300 yards.

Glennon would probably be in a worse situation here. But people who are talking how he and the bears started the season as if it's his fault obviously expects him to throw the ball and catch it as well. 

Your STANning of this QB is at HOF levels, I commend you.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn't see the game but his stats just were shown on the ticker.  31/45 for 301 yds 1 TD and 2 INTs.  Other than the INTS that sounds pretty good.

this is exactly why we don't judge based solely on out of context stats.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Villain going full Pac for a guy who doesn't even play for his team

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Glennon is poop and this was predictable but at least they doubled down on the position that matters the most when they took Trubisky.

Its cool though, the Jets doubled down on safeties and just look at the pay off!.  

I was watching Redzone and I saw quite a few of these young QBs from the supposedly soft QB drafts toss some nice touchdowns. 

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Probably not. Here's the cover of the Chicago Trib right now lol.

Mike Glennon has to go, and he can take Bears coach John Fox with him

Yeah don't get too excited your probably looking at the Jets next HC and starting QB next year if Chicago fires him and Macc is still the GM.

Archived