Darron Lee

Dcronin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gholston hated Football and made 1 tackle in his career.
Milliner had the worst footwork I've ever seen from a 1st round CB.
Darron Lee had the worst instincts I've ever seen from a Football player.
Jets baby!!!
That's the Jets drafts in a nutshell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I thought he was having a better game than last week, and then he went and got eaten up on that 212 yard touchdown run. He remains a huge concern and black eye for Macc.

And when you couple him with Hackenberg that is not exactly a recipe for success. I think Mac's drafts are not as good as they have thought. Justin Burris is bad, Leo Williams is not as good as advertised and - as a whole - the Jets defense has adopted Todd Bowles, milquetoast, emotionless personality.

8 hours ago, jack48 said:

Bowles hopes the poor talent level on the team will mask his deficiencies as a head coach and strategist.  But he is too imcompetent for even that scheme to work.  If the Jets keep him next year I am applying for membership in the Manchester United fan club.  It is becoming too hard to bear their stupidities.

You know the next move will be Woody Johnson firing both Bowles and Maccagnan and calling Charley Casserly for his advice on who are the next first time HC and GM he should hire seperately.

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Lee got pancaked on that 52 yard touchdown run.

Nice.

On the long TD run by Richard, #52 jumped clean out of the lane Richard used to blast through. I was really impressed with how fast he got out the way. BTW Lee sucks and Jets should put Jordan in his spot. He is too small and is not at all physically threatening.

19 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

On the long TD run by Richard, #52 jumped clean out of the lane Richard used to blast through. I was really impressed with how fast he got out the way. BTW Lee sucks and Jets should put Jordan in his spot. He is too small and is not at all physically threatening.

Am I missing the joke?  #52 was Harris.  He is gone and can't hurt you now.  It is unlikely he did anything particularly quickly.  Lee has sucked, but who is Jordan?  Jordan Jenkins?  He is a starting OLB. He played there in college and setting the edge was his one strength.  I don't see moving him as indicating you are putting players in "position to succeed."  It also opens a new hole.  Who are you putting at OLB?  Donahue?  Does not seem to be much of a solution.

Side note:  Williams, Adams and Jenkins were all very "safe" picks with low floors and simple plug and play types.  They will be able to play, but it took no special skill to identify them.  Those guys have value, but we needed a home run.  Beasley, Jaylon Smith, a <gasp!> offensive player, those guys could have given us something we haven't had in ages.  Williams is a very nice player, but we drafted 3 of these very nice 3-4 DE/DT types in five years.  

25 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The ghost of David Harris?

On 9/17/2017 at 11:31 PM, detectivekimble said:

Bowles is a buffoon.  Sure, this roster sucks and no coach would win with it, but that doesn't mean the guy knows what he's doing.  The guy actually makes players worse.  I watched Richardson against Green Bay last week.  The guy looked better after a week in Seattle than he did at any point under Bowles.  All Carroll did was line him and have him attack.  Meanwhile, Bowles thinks he's doing something clever by playing Richardson at MLB.

As bad as Lee has been this year, I agree with this, Bowles is not putting him in the right position and he has a history of doing that.

In no way is Lee a true 2-3 ILB, he needs to be playing in space, stepping out in the slot, and blitzing or chasing plays from there which is exactly how OSU used him.  MLB/ILB is a very instinctive position, some guys have it and some dont, and Lee doesnt.   He is constantly taking his initial step in the wrong direction, which results in him being completely blocked out of the play.  He is never in a situation where he can use his speed to either chase a play in the backfield, or take on a tight end.

Good coaches dont stay married to a scheme, we can easily be running more of a 4-3 look with Ealy at DE and Jordan Jenkins playing strong side OLB and Lee playing weakside.  Jenkins played all over the defense at Georgia and has the ability to do that here, which could in turn free other players to play to their strengths.

Lee has sucked, no doubt about it - looks completely lost right now, but a lot of that is on the coaches

6 hours ago, BCJet said:

As bad as Lee has been this year, I agree with this, Bowles is not putting him in the right position and he has a history of doing that.

In no way is Lee a true 2-3 ILB, he needs to be playing in space, stepping out in the slot, and blitzing or chasing plays from there which is exactly how OSU used him.  MLB/ILB is a very instinctive position, some guys have it and some dont, and Lee doesnt.   He is constantly taking his initial step in the wrong direction, which results in him being completely blocked out of the play.  He is never in a situation where he can use his speed to either chase a play in the backfield, or take on a tight end.

Good coaches dont stay married to a scheme, we can easily be running more of a 4-3 look with Ealy at DE and Jordan Jenkins playing strong side OLB and Lee playing weakside.  Jenkins played all over the defense at Georgia and has the ability to do that here, which could in turn free other players to play to their strengths.

Lee has sucked, no doubt about it - looks completely lost right now, but a lot of that is on the coaches

That's what Westhoff said on SNY. I love when a coach like Westhoff disagrees with a neophyte like Bowles who looks like hes sucking on a sourball when the media asks him the same questions a guy like Westhoff is asking. You cant just shrug off criticism if its coming from a guy who has been around football as long as Westhoff. The way hes using Lee now aint working.

Archived