Tanking for a QB? How about tanking for a whole new team..

ASH1962

You guys think they are or should be tanking for a QB? They need a whole new team. This defense is as bad as I can ever remember being a Jet fan for >45 years. No sacks. No pressures. No QB hits. Never a turnover. Never a defensive TD. Add in ST f*ck ups left and right to that and there you go....

This franchise has nothing at all. Nothing on O, nothing on D and hideous ST's besides the kicker it looks like. Crazy thing is, the offense did not cost us today's game, and it did not cost us last weeks game either.

12 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

You guys think they are or should be tanking for a QB? They need a whole new team. This defense is as bad as I can ever remember being a Jet fan for >45 years. No sacks. No pressures. No QB hits. Never a turnover. Never a defensive TD. Add in ST f*ck ups left and right to that and there you go....

This franchise has nothing at all. Nothing on O, nothing on D and hideous ST's besides the kicker it looks like. Crazy thing is, the offense did not cost us today's game, and it did not cost us last weeks game either.

Through the first two weeks Bowles has pretty much cemented his fate. He needed to show a young defense that was hungry. Mistakes would have been acceptable. Assuming they played hard and fast.

This defense is terrible. They are getting steam rolled.

I am not sure if Macc survives this year. Depends on how the kids develop.

I don't see how you can give Bowles a shot at running the team next year based on how things stand right now.

It's such a strange feeling to watch the Jets and feel absolutely NOTHING...I swear this is exactly the way it was for a lot of us Jets fans who were old enough  to remember what it was like in those dark days after the team went south and Namath kept getting hurt and then finally to see him in a Rams uni made most of finding other avenues of entertainment for our Sunday afternoons a necessity.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Through the first two weeks Bowles has pretty much cemented his fate. He needed to show a young defense that was hungry. Mistakes would have been acceptable. Assuming they played hard and fast.

I don't see how you can give Bowles a shot at running the team next year based on how things stand right now.

Hence why we need to see Petty, McGuire, Stewart, Hansen playing major time together. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Hence why we need to see Petty, McGuire, Stewart, Hansen playing major time together. 

But you know that Herm never does things that way...as long as you think of Bowles AS Herman Edwards 2.0 you will have a good grasp on what he will and won't do.

12 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

But you know that Herm never does things that way...as long as you think of Bowles AS Herman Edwards 2.0 you will have a good grasp on what he will and won't do.

At this point, comparing Bowles to Herm is an insult to Herm. Would much rather have him than this guy. 

The defense can't stop anyone. They look so slow out there and completely unenergized. I expected a fast, attacking defense that would make mistakes and get burned from time to time but would also make big plays but would wear down late in games due to the offense being awful and them being on the field all day.

I'm seeing nothing I like at all from this defense. The safeties look pretty good but when the unit as a whole is awful you don't get to see them really shine.

What has happened to Wilkerson and Williams? They don't make plays anymore. I refuse to believe that they aren't trying. This is coaching.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Agree with this.  Defense suck donkey balls.  Zero elite players.  

All off season long we were fed how the offense would try to manage the game and the defense would have to keep us in all games due to lack of offensive talent. They have drafted for defense in the first round seemingly forever and still can not get pressure on the QB, never ever make a play to get off of the field or turn the opponent over. It is shocking how easy opponents convert against them on 3rd and whatever.

Not even I though this defense could look this bad. I was never a fan of theirs, but I also did not think they were this bad.

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

It's such a strange feeling to watch the Jets and feel absolutely NOTHING...I swear this is exactly the way it was for a lot of us Jets fans who were old enough  to remember what it was like in those dark days after the team went south and Namath kept getting hurt and then finally to see him in a Rams uni made most of finding other avenues of entertainment for our Sunday afternoons a necessity.

Totally agree.....

In all seriousness there could probably be 30 different guys on this team next year. Even if the Jets are able to get a Darnold or Rosen this team IMHO will not even smell a playoff spot till 2020.

Think about that for a second. 

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Let's  TANK ! !

:cool:

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yep. When they scored that first TD today, my reaction was an unemotional: "Whoa, didn't expect that".

You guys think they are or should be tanking for a QB? They need a whole new team.

Exactly.  If you want to be confident for 0-16, you can't have any good players.  

Check that - you can have good defensive tackles and good safeties, because they make almost no difference to whether you win or lose.

Look at the bright side. We definitely will have  A NEW HEAD COACH instead of TOILET B.

So if we just tank for the next 22 years we'll be unbeatable? Good plan.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

He's gotta go. No if's and or but's about it.  This team plays with as much passion as his press conferences.  Mac will ultimately use Bilwles as a scapegoat and get to hire his own coach but it won't matter because he is clueless in being able to put a team together. Sure he's had some decent picks work out but for the most part, Mac, regardless who he hires as head coach, is obviously nothing more than an intern and has formed an unbelievably unbalanced team. 

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Totally agree.....

In all seriousness there could probably be 30 different guys on this team next year. Even if the Jets are able to get a Darnold or Rosen this team IMHO will not even smell a playoff spot till 2020.

2020 is a best case scenario, if they actually hit on picks and free agents. Given this organization's track record, I am not expecting success. This team could be in deep sh!t for a long time. And I feel the same as you... absolutely no feeling either way when I watch this team. Complete indifference. I hope they go 0-16 or 1-15 because the Jets need a big shakeup from top to bottom. Clean house, again. 

25 minutes ago, PS17 said:

2020 is a best case scenario, if they actually hit on picks and free agents. Given this organization's track record, I am not expecting success. This team could be in deep sh!t for a long time. And I feel the same as you... absolutely no feeling either way when I watch this team. Complete indifference. I hope they go 0-16 or 1-15 because the Jets need a big shakeup from top to bottom. Clean house, again. 

It depends, they have so much cap room. They have to develop kids though, WR, CB, OL.

If they develop some kids and draft a 1st Round QB I could see them making the playoffs with an easy schedule next year (after 90 million in free agency that is).

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Nobody should survive this. Macc's drafts have been terrible but Bowles' coaching has been worse. This is his defense through and through. He kept the defensive linemen he wanted (Wilkerson & McClendon) and the one he drafted (Williams) and removed the one he wanted gone (Richardson). The linebackers were all hand-chosen as well (Lee, Jenkins, Davis). Same goes for his corners and his hand picked safeties.

The defense is worse than the offense. It's inexcusable and embarrassing. 

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It depends, they have so much cap room. They have to develop kids though, WR, CB, OL.

If they develop some kids and draft a 1st Round QB I could see them making the playoffs with an easy schedule next year (after 90 million in free agency that is).

Jeez I seriously dont know. I can't remember a team being so helpless. At least the mid 90's team with Kotite had kids who showed some flashes like Keyshawn, Chrebet, Aaron Glenn, Victor Green, etc. I seriously dont even think all that cap room and a early QB is going to make a difference. This team literally has nothing.

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Developing kids requires that they PLAY THE F*cking games.

Every time they trot Kerley out there, and McCown, I check out.

this is awful

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Nobody should survive this. Macc's drafts have been terrible but Bowles' coaching has been worse. This is his defense through and through. He kept the defensive linemen he wanted (Wilkerson & McClendon) and the one he drafted (Williams) and removed the one he wanted gone (Richardson). The linebackers were all hand-chosen as well (Lee, Jenkins, Davis). Same goes for his corners and his hand picked safeties.

The defense is worse than the offense. It's inexcusable and embarrassing. 

So far the defense has been awful, I think ultimately the offense will be worse than the defense.

8 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

We don't have to get our hopes up for once only to be let down. When we finally get our franchise qb with 1 pick. We will look back and say this yrs sacrifice was definitely worth it.

12 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Totally agree.....

You know Shawn I always figured that I'd get to see another Jets Super Bowl in my lifetime and now I swear I don't even think that guys 20 years younger than me will either. This is a team along the lines of the Cubs and Red Sox who have grandparents grow up and die off and STILL not see a championship. What's even worse is having an owner who only uses the team as an investment and really could care less if they win or lose, because IF HE DID CARE, he would have become a student of the game and he would have made a point of learning the who's who and the what is what and he would have been building a contact list from around the league of every possible GM and HCing candidate out there-EVERY year. Instead, we have an owner who is more concerned with his wallet and his politicians and among those who will best help him to pad it.

Mac and Bowles have both done crappy jobs and the Jets should clean house the second this season ends. Don't want either of them near this team in 2018. Just because the team has had a merry go round of coaches and GM's of late doesn't mean that we should all of a sudden try to ride it out with the current one's to show some sort of stability and vision.  There's no reason to think the Mac will all of a sudden become a good evalutator of players and that Bowles will miraculously become a good game manager and get a handle of the locker room.  They both need to go.

38 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You know Shawn I always figured that I'd get to see another Jets Super Bowl in my lifetime and now I swear I don't even think that guys 20 years younger than me will either. This is a team along the lines of the Cubs and Red Sox who have grandparents grow up and die off and STILL not see a championship. What's even worse is having an owner who only uses the team as an investment and really could care less if they win or lose, because IF HE DID CARE, he would have become a student of the game and he would have made a point of learning the who's who and the what is what and he would have been building a contact list from around the league of every possible GM and HCing candidate out there-EVERY year. Instead, we have an owner who is more concerned with his wallet and his politicians and among those who will best help him to pad it.

GOB was saying that 10 years ago LOL.

I feel your pain. The Jets to me have become the Knicks. No matter what they do they somehow manage to screw it up. I wouldn't even put them with the history of the Cubs or Red Sox. I would put them in their with Browns (Since they became the Browns again) or the LA Clippers. A complete joke.

And its sad that is has come to this. I hate feeling like this about MY football team. Bowles is basically a dead man walking, Mikey Mac will be safe for now. He will fire Bowles, bring in some guy who has never been an NFL coach before and they will put all their chips into Darnold (If he comes out and it would not surprise me if he stays one more year) or Rosen and hope for the best.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, shawn306 said:

GOB was saying that 10 years ago LOL.

I feel your pain. The Jets to me have become the Knicks. No matter what they do they somehow manage to screw it up. I wouldn't even put them with the history of the Cubs or Red Sox. I would put them in their with Browns (Since they became the Browns again) or the LA Clippers. A complete joke.

And its sad that is has come to this. I hate feeling like this about MY football team. Bowles is basically a dead man walking, Mikey Mac will be safe for now. He will fire Bowles, bring in some guy who has never been an NFL coach before (FROM THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL) and they will put all their chips into Darnold (If he comes out and it would not surprise me if he stays one more year) or Rosen and hope for the best.

I fixed it for you Shawn

Archived