One postive thought from OAK

Tony MaC

Brandon Shell played a pretty good game overall going up against Khalil Mack of all people. He struggled in the preseason but seems up to the task of solidifying the right tackle position, and after 5 quality regular season games in a row I think this isn't a fluke.

Mac has to answer for quite a bit but Shell is looking like a winner.

Also, Adams looked good.

That's all.

4 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Brandon Shell played a pretty good game overall going up against Khalil Mack of all people. He struggled in the preseason but seems up to the task of solidifying the right tackle position, and after 5 quality regular season games in a row I think this isn't a fluke.

Mac has to answer for quite a bit but Shell is looking like a winner.

Also, Adams looked good.

That's all.

I'll give Macc credit for Shell but Adams dropped into our lap.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'll give Macc credit for Shell but Adams dropped into our lap.

At some point, that excuse loses some steam.  The same thing was said about Williams.  The Jets didn't need Williams, and Adams pick was/is mocked quite a bit because of his position.

Macc could have easily passed on both those guys.  Can't imagine how bad this roster would look with Kevin White and whoever this year.

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

At some point, that excuse loses some steam.  The same thing was said about Williams.  The Jets didn't need Williams, and Adams pick was/is mocked quite a bit because of his position.

Macc could have easily passed on both those guys.  Can't imagine how bad this roster would look with Kevin White and whoever this year.

Ultimately the Jets need to hold Macc accountable for the roster.  Zero team.  Even Williams looks contained this year.  

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Ultimately the Jets need to hold Macc accountable for the roster.  Zero team.  Even Williams looks contained this year.  

Didn't say he shouldn't be held accountable.  It's a bad roster. It's his roster. He's had some bad picks.  He's also had some good picks and UDFA pickups that people dismiss.

Macc's biggest mistake was trying to band aide the roster and contend when he got here.  I don't know if that was his idea or Woody's, but it was a huge mistake.  

3 minutes ago, tfine said:

I'm sorry but Mac has made some good picks Shell, Robby Anderson, McGuire, Adams, Maye, Williams, Stewart. These guys need to develop. I guarantee these guys will be household names in 2 years. No GM hits on everyone first round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Does the new upgraded forum have a way to make tfine's message pop up in 2 years?

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Despite the blowout score I honestly think the o-line can walk away with their heads up.

I thought they would be slaughtered by the Raiders but they held up for the most part.

We did not lose today because of the offense, not at all. We lost because our defense may actually have less talent than our offense, and our ST's are hideous still.

And I don't care who they play at CB, I want Buster Suck cut tonight. God is he awful.

Archived