Week # 2 Positives/Negatives

Smashmouth

I'm going to try and make this a weekly thing that is until I vomit. We know we are gonna suck so don't take this too seriously. Its meant to have some fun with the current suckage while pointing out some positives the young player's may exhibit.

Positive

1. Kearse is a good solid Receiver probably the most sure handed guy we have had here in about 15 years. Poor Guy

2. Maye played well, might actually be better than Adams at this stage.

3. Bowles did not have to make any meaningful decisions with Timeouts.

4. ST coverage seems better than in past years 

Can't really think of much more than that.

Negatives

1. We may have the worst MLB's in all of football by a wide margin, as a matter of fact our entire LB crew stink's

2. We still can't field punts. yet we keep sending the same guy out there. Not tanking ? My ass !

3. Just when it looked we might make it a game we completely sh*t the bed then continued to lay in it and roll around in it.

4. McGuire still not getting enough Touches but at least he saw a few.

5. The Offensive line stinks in big big ways Pocket collapsed so many times I lost count. Run blocking stinks

6. We have a hard time even accumulating garbage time yards.

7. Mo Wilk yucking it up with someone on the sidelines on one of our defenses few stops, as if we accomplished something. Idiot

Summary this is just not a well coached football team. When I hear people say Bowles came from the Parcell's tree of Assistants it makes me laugh a bit. Would Raymond have been anywhere close to receiving kicks and punts after dropping more than hes received before this game even started? His fumble was the turning point against any chance we had to stay in this game. Wonder if Parcell's would have let him field the next few times like Bowles did ? I saw one assistant coach running up to Bowles to make him aware of something that Bowles seemed to have no clue. I think it was the play by Oakland at the 2:18 mark in the first half before they punted. Was that guy out of Bounds ? Why did they continue to run the clock down to the 2 minute warning ? This Referee crew was the worst I have seen in a long time. The personal Foul's called on both teams were absolutely ridiculous . 

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

How the hell does Bowles get DC of the year on his last team and yet is so inept now?  I'm truly puzzled.  At least Rex was good till he imploded.  Rex thought and schemed.  Bowles is an enigma.  I'm pissed.        

They had Players we dont

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

How the hell does Bowles get DC of the year on his last team and yet is so inept now?  I'm truly puzzled.  At least Rex was good till he imploded.  Rex thought and schemed.  Bowles is an enigma.  I'm pissed.        

Bowles makes zero adjustments game to game.  It's line up and execute.  He literally doesn't game plan.  

Rex was one of the best in the business at that. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Nothing really. I just really enjoy JN's official editorial position of "we have no good players, which is the head coach's fault."

I would like to know who decided that McCown and Forte should have been eating up snaps in the fourth quarter and lay all the blame on that person.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Nothing really. I just really enjoy JN's official editorial position of "we have no good players, which is the head coach's fault."

well we all know the team has been gutted ...with that being said we should exopect to see more of the young players geting reps but we dont. Makes it look like the coach and GM are simply not on the same page or even in the same book. 

16 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Perhaps it was never Bowles' D in Arizona to begin with?

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

They had Players we dont

This, too.

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wait what?? The o-line was fine in pass protection and even started to groove in run blocking.

Late in the game with the game out of reach sure they were groovy. I saw the pocket closing all game I also saw the rush up the middle constantly force McCown out of the pocket. 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Think Rosen might be the better choice ?

Undecided yet.  Rosen has done a 180.  He's never produced like this.  Darnold and that wind up and his decision making makes me nervous.  I don't see the hype.  People are treating him like a god and I don't get it. 

Ar this point, I like the 17 QBs better than the 18's.  

Just now, JiF said:

Undecided yet.  Rosen has done a 180.  He's never produced like this.  Darnold and that wind up and his decision making makes me nervous.  I don't see the hype.  People are treating him like a god and I don't get it. 

I dont like his wind up or release either looked really weird to me. Rosen seems more polished ...we shall see. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I dont like his wind up or release either looked really weird to me. Rosen seems more polished ...we shall see. 

Sam Darnold throwing the Football is not a pretty thing.  It literally looks like it hurts him to throw the ball.  It looks completely unnatural.  Like Blake Bortles. 

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well we all know the team has been gutted ...with that being said we should exopect to see more of the young players geting reps but we dont. Makes it look like the coach and GM are simply not on the same page or even in the same book. 

Of course they're not. They got hired separately and they're both braindead.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about those 17 safeties tho

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Both of these statements are true.

I think so I was not trying to make one more important than the other obviously they are both important. 

IMHO a good coach is just as hard to find as a Good QB and they are both equally Important

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Late in the game with the game out of reach sure they were groovy. I saw the pocket closing all game I also saw the rush up the middle constantly force McCown out of the pocket. 

I saw McCown have space to step up and make completions if he kept his eyes downfield. I saw Brandon Shell dominate Khalil Mack. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

I saw McCown have space to step up and make completions if he kept his eyes downfield. I saw Brandon Shell dominate Khalil Mack. 

So Shel had a good game aganist an elite LB thats a positive but as a whole the O-Line stinks or stunk today

Archived