Post-Game Recap: Jets fall to Raiders, 45-20

JetNation

Raiders.jpg

After a week one loss, the Jets were looking to get in the win column against the Oakland Raiders at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Josh McCown got the start at quarterback, while Bryce Petty was the backup and Christian Hackenberg was inactive. After a 45-20 loss, this year’s Jets team is now the second since 2007 to lose their first two games of the season. Here’s the good, the bad and the ugly…

THE GOOD

The Jets came back from an early 14-0 deficit.

WR Jermaine Kearse had 4 receptions for 64 yards and two touchdowns. (The last time a Jets WR did that on the road? 2007 – Laveranues Coles)

K Chandler Catanzaro made two field goals with a long of 46.

At the half, McCown was 8/11 for 82 yards and 1 touchdown.

Recently acquired WR Jeremy Kerley did play and had 3 receptions for 14 yards.

THE BAD

It was another slow first quarter start for the offense.

The team only had possession for 4:16 of the first quarter.

The first quarter stat line had McCown with one pass completion for 19 yards and the running back committee with 2 yards rushing.

The only player to have more than 1 reception at the half was RB Matt Forte.

THE UGLY

The Jets secondary was torched by Raiders QB Derek Carr and WR Michael Crabtree for three touchdowns.

The defense gave up a 43-yard rushing touchdown to Cordarrelle Patterson and a 52-yard touchdown to Jalen Richard.

A costly punt fumble by Kalif Raymond led to a Raider touchdown just before the half.

The Jets offense had 271 total yards and gave up 4 sacks.

The team was 5 for 47 in penalties.

Brian Winters left the game with a groin injury.

Inactive players included: S Rontez Miles, TE Eric Tominlinson, TE Jordan Leggett, CB Derrick Jones, LB Bruce Carter and C Jonotthan Harrison.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
bR5gOg4K3h4

Click here to read the full story...

I think the plan continues.

For most of this game the Jets looked much more competitive than I expected they would, but we still lost to keep the tank and draft pick alive.

Bowles continues to underperform as coach, primarily with his management of the defense and underlying selection of its players.   This hopefully will ensure that he and Macc are not around to pick next year's players.

Brilliance.

I just watched this game on DVR as I was at the Bills- Panthers game. It was a suckfest.  Kearse looked good, everyone else nope. Petty needs to start.Both lines are horrible.

This team doesn't need to tank they are just terrible

Archived