Home Opener - Let's talk tailgating

Maxman

So the Jets are 0 and 2. Things seem like they are going to get worse before they get better.

Instead of the game, let's talk tailgating. Who is going to the game? Where are you tailgating? What are you making?

Unfortunately it looks like tailgating will be the best part of this season.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So the Jets are 0 and 2. Things seem like they are going to get worse before they get better.

Instead of the game, let's talk tailgating. Who is going to the game? Where are you tailgating? What are you making?

The best part of this season is that every loss gets them closer to a potential solution to the QB drought.  Even better yet....we dont have to watch!  I caught two slot redfish today instead of watching the Jets get mollywhopped in Oakland.

I will be going and I am still working out the tailgating. Not even sure where I will be doing it yet. I agree though that this will be the best part of the season. I got invited to the breakfast thing this week and decided that less interaction with employees of the Jets would probably be best so I ignored it.

45 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I will be going and I am still working out the tailgating. Not even sure where I will be doing it yet. I agree though that this will be the best part of the season. I got invited to the breakfast thing this week and decided that less interaction with employees of the Jets would probably be best so I ignored it.

lol I got offered the breakfast thing, and figured walking around the field for 45 minutes would be cool so I accepted.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

lol I got offered the breakfast thing, and figured walking around the field for 45 minutes would be cool so I accepted.

It wasnt even the date I requested. I have three tickets so it wouldnt work this week. I am sure there will be other chances this year. lol

Since it's San Gennaro we are doing our San Gennaro theme tailgate.  Still finalizing the menu but most likely meatballs, sausage n peppers, chicken and mozzarella sandwhiches, chicken marsala and some type of fish.  My son was born the end of April so he is coming for the tailgate and then  heading home but it makes it exciting.  

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The best part of this season is that every loss gets them closer to a potential solution to the QB drought.  Even better yet....we dont have to watch!  I caught two slot redfish today instead of watching the Jets get mollywhopped in Oakland.

Should we cook Rosenburgers? Or make Sam-whiches?

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I miss your optimism from week 1  ?

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

109744772.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

:unsure:

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Should we cook Rosenburgers? Or make Sam-whiches?

:)

I havent watched either yet.   But I will DVR some games starting this week and let you know what I think closer to April.  Background:  I was an outspoken Mariota fan over Winston... Liked Goff, really liked Wentz... and I HATED Paxton Lynch.

13 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Late game, but I did catch 2 snook in the morning. :)

1 hour ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

Max I will bring the Tofu and veggie burgers along with some sparkling water to wash it all down. What flavor water would you prefer?

True story my daughter has been a vegetarian since she was about 8 years old. I have made her like 800 veggie burgers over the years. Just had my first one ever. It really wasn't bad.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

True story my daughter has been a vegetarian since she was about 8 years old. I have made her like 800 veggie burgers over the years. Just had my first one ever. It really wasn't bad.

I am a big BBQ fan. Cooked a big ass brisket flat this weekend. That said, veggie burgers can be really good!

I am going Sunday and planning a really small tailgate. Prob will take off at the end of the 3rd quarter or whenever the game gets away from the Jets. I picked the wrong season to quit sniffing glue....

1 minute ago, Cornfed said:

I am a big BBQ fan. Cooked a big ass brisket flat this weekend. That said, veggie burgers can be really good!

I am going Sunday and planning a really small tailgate. Prob will take off at the end of the 3rd quarter or whenever the game gets away from the Jets. I picked the wrong season to quit sniffing glue....

That is awesome.

I went camping this weekend. My new favorite things is slow cooking ribs over a campfire. Gives me something to do all day, making sure the fire keeps going. And after 5 hours they are incredible.

Due to a new regiment, I've cut out red meat and pork from my diet (just as tailgating season begins when grilling & eating will be the ONLY enjoyable aspects of JetsFootball on Sundays :().

So I've decided to grill only vegetables and fresh fish all season for the tailgating menu. Did a trial run yesterday for the Oakland game on the roof and was rather pleased with the turn out.

Rainbow Trout stuffed with Fresh Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Seasalt, Catalan Olive Oil, Spanish onions and lemons and a side of Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Was pleased with the result and will do the same for this upcoming Sunday vs. (ironically) the Fish:

IMG_8006.JPG

IMG_8007.JPG

10 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I'll be there. Got nothing better to do that afternoon.

That avatar of Todd Bowltite has me on the freakin floor....Great job on that one LOL..

Does anyone have an email address of any Jet employee? I think we should send this photo to them.

bowleskotite.thumb.jpg.b6838e1545cb1b951305c314e58c1aaa.jpg

20 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Since it's San Gennaro we are doing our San Gennaro theme tailgate.  Still finalizing the menu but most likely meatballs, sausage n peppers, chicken and mozzarella sandwhiches, chicken marsala and some type of fish.  My son was born the end of April so he is coming for the tailgate and then  heading home but it makes it exciting.  

I literally started salivating as I read that menu you're preparing for Sunday. Sounds delicious and enjoy it!

Congrats on your newborn son's virgin Jets tailgate, good to let him learn fortitude at an early age. Hope you all have a blast.

Go with a Branzino and grill it. 

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Due to a new regiment, I've cut out red meat and pork from my diet (just as tailgating season begins when grilling & eating will be the ONLY enjoyable aspects of JetsFootball on Sundays :().

So I've decided to grill only vegetables and fresh fish all season for the tailgating menu. Did a trial run yesterday for the Oakland game on the roof and was rather pleased with the turn out.

Rainbow Trout stuffed with Fresh Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Seasalt, Catalan Olive Oil, Spanish onions and lemons and a side of Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts. Was pleased with the result and will do the same for this upcoming Sunday vs. (ironically) the Fish:

IMG_8006.JPG

IMG_8007.JPG

Is that Luca Brasi in there?

Archived