People/Players So Bad, They Should Be Unemployed Today

Warfish

-Bowles.  One of the worst Head Coaches I have ever had the displeasure of watching.  His D, in year three, is a spectacular disaster worse in every way that what he inherited.  Add on top his sticking with McCown/Forte/Kearse/Kerley well after the game was long lost, and his sins are unforgivable.

-Raymond.  I don't care that he had one kinda sorta good run.  His fumble changed the game, and he continues to be a fumble-machine.  I would have fired him on the god damn field and sent him to the locker room right then and there.

-D. Lee.  This is clearly turning out to be a horrible pick.  Typical Macc, typical "I know better than everyone else, so I'll pick the undersized/underskilled guy and show everyone".  Lee is the the D what Hack is to the O, a player than never, ever should have been selected where they were, and are not legitimate NFL talents.

-Wilkerson.  Oh how the mighty (in potential) have fallen.  I've never seen a player of his talent-level fall of the face of the earth so pathetically.  He doesn't even try anymore to hide that he's not really trying.  They guy is a total non-factor.  His paycheck is outright theft.

-Macc.  This team is a poorly built disaster.  i don't give two sh*ts about the silly "oh, he's doing this on purpose to get the #1 pick" tin foil hat theorizing.  This team is poorly run from the very top down, Macc has been borderline Idzik-like in his inability to select talent or retain talent or to manage the Head Coach.

If I woke up today to see all these people gone, I wouldn't shed a single tear.  They have all earned it.  And whomever interim might replace them literally couldn't do a worse job.

The embarrassment of yesterday, and the pending embarrassments to come, need to result in someones head.  Preferably multiple someones.

Clean the house.  Fire Macc, fire Bowles, cut Lee, cut Wilk (and ffs cut that fumbling JAG Raymond, he's a nobody anyway).

Hire a GM.  A legit, experienced GM.  Let the GM hire the coaching staff.  Then start the REAL rebuild and talent restoration.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Macc took over a poor roster 3 years ago.   Has the talent improved in any way?

No.

This roster has gotten progressively worse. Our depth of rookie WR's has shown us nothing replaced by Kearse and Kerley,our LB's are bad our offense can't score and our defense cant stop a node bleed. 

Way to go Macc and Bowles. 

34 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Macc took over a poor roster 3 years ago.   Has the talent improved in any way?

No.

That's the tricky thing to me.  I'm going to come across as a Macc defender, which I'm not really, I'm pretty indifferent to him.

The thing is Macc's first roster was significantly more talented than the year before he got here.  His roster last year was probably still more talented than the one he inherited, but older and not as good as his first.  Now, his 3rd roster is back to the level of the year before he arrived.

Macc's biggest mistake, even greater than Hack or Lee or Smith or whoever, was trying to win immediately when he got here by adding a bunch of aging vets.  

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's the tricky thing to me.  I'm going to come across as a Macc defender, which I'm not really, I'm pretty indifferent to him.

The thing is Macc's first roster was significantly more talented than the year before he got here.  His roster last year was probably still more talented than the one he inherited, but older and not as good as his first.  Now, his 3rd roster is back to the level of the year before he arrived.

Macc's biggest mistake, even greater than Hack or Lee or Smith or whoever, was trying to win immediately when he got here by adding a bunch of aging vets.  

See, that's the thing.   He took over a roster with poor talent and a lot of cap room. 

The guys he extended, didn't work, the older vets he brought in, didn't work.   His drafts didn't add a lot of talent other than Williams.   The Hack, Maudlin duo is awful.  

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-Bowles.  One of the worst Head Coaches I have ever had the displeasure of watching.  His D, in year three, is a spectacular disaster worse in every way that what he inherited.  Add on top his sticking with McCown/Forte/Kearse/Kerley well after the game was long lost, and his sins are unforgivable.

-Raymond.  I don't care that he had one kinda sorta good run.  His fumble changed the game, and he continues to be a fumble-machine.  I would have fired him on the god damn field and sent him to the locker room right then and there.

-D. Lee.  This is clearly turning out to be a horrible pick.  Typical Macc, typical "I know better than everyone else, so I'll pick the undersized/underskilled guy and show everyone".  Lee is the the D what Hack is to the O, a player than never, ever should have been selected where they were, and are not legitimate NFL talents.

-Wilkerson.  Oh how the mighty (in potential) have fallen.  I've never seen a player of his talent-level fall of the face of the earth so pathetically.  He doesn't even try anymore to hide that he's not really trying.  They guy is a total non-factor.  His paycheck is outright theft.

-Macc.  This team is a poorly built disaster.  i don't give two sh*ts about the silly "oh, he's doing this on purpose to get the #1 pick" tin foil hat theorizing.  This team is poorly run from the very top down, Macc has been borderline Idzik-like in his inability to select talent or retain talent or to manage the Head Coach.

If I woke up today to see all these people gone, I wouldn't shed a single tear.  They have all earned it.  And whomever interim might replace them literally couldn't do a worse job.

The embarrassment of yesterday, and the pending embarrassments to come, need to result in someones head.  Preferably multiple someones.

Clean the house.  Fire Macc, fire Bowles, cut Lee, cut Wilk (and ffs cut that fumbling JAG Raymond, he's a nobody anyway).

Hire a GM.  A legit, experienced GM.  Let the GM hire the coaching staff.  Then start the REAL rebuild and talent restoration.

I can't disagree with any of it, and I think the house cleaning is coming. I thought Macc and Bowles would make it. But it is doubtful at this point.

Hackenberg, Lee, Wilkerson's contract and the best wide receiver being a waiver wire (Yeah I know it was a trade) --- these are all going to do Macc in.

Bringing Kacy back, and having the defense look like crap, these are all the reasons you need to fire Bowles.

11 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The bitter irony for Maccagnan is that he'll be leaving the next GM exactly what he inherited: A top 5-6 pick in the NFL draft, no talent, and $60mm in cap space. This is karma, baby!

The most damning evidence against Macc......after three years, the team is the same or worse that it was the day he arrived.

I'm all for continuity and patience, but only if earned via some signs of improvement or consistent effort to raise overall talent levels. Macc fails this simple test.

I think this was a conversation that should have been had last year.  After re-signing sh*tz, Wilk's deal, and basically wasting a year of all our lives.

This year things are going great!  The more losing the better.  They should be playing Petty/Hack and younger WRs, but that's on Todd. 

I didn't even bother to watch most of the game.  Instead choosing the Red Zone channel.  But anytime I saw the Raiders score, I was happy/relieved.  

Just 14 more games.  No need to be dramatic after every loss.  Embrace the Suck.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The most damning evidence against Macc......after three years, the team is the same or worse that it was the day he arrived.

I'm all for continuity and patience, but only if earned via some signs of improvement or consistent effort to raise overall talent levels. Macc fails this simple test.

biggest problem was lack of one vision.  he came here and threw money around and the team was good in the short term but some bad draft picks and FA decisions resulted in a locker room implosion and bad contracts.  in the end, he didn't do anything much different than tanny, except tanny traded more draft picks.  

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Bowles was hired here after being lauded as a defensive guru with Arizona.   WTF happened?   Yesterday's D looked like warmed over dog excrement.  Totally lost and gashed all day. Todd, time for you and Mcc to pack your bags and go.

They are tanking.  It will be this way all season.

I know it'd be great to lose every game while also looking like a good team, but that's not gonna happen.  Things are gonna get worse as the season progresses.  

I for one am looking forward to it.  

We'd be better off discussing which players will still be here next year, who to cut, cap space, potential free agents and draft picks for 2018, tailgating, the stadium, and so on...  

Sundays are meaningless.

Reacting to weekly on-the-field performances this season is a waste of time.  Unless it's about youth developing and performing well.

21 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Lee was picked where he was supposed to be picked. Is he a bust? Yeah, probably. But Macc didn't reach here, that narrative needs to stop. 

Lee was an under-sized LB coming out of college EVERYONE knew it.. Todd Bowles thought he was the next Tyrann Mathieu in LB form. 

I don't get the hate for MO. Watch him closely these last 2 games, he's productive despite being doubled.

there was one play where Osemele literally had him by the back of the jersey as he steamed toward Carr and they didn't call holding. The 9 and the 6 were taut and Osemele was a full yard behind Wilkerson. 

He and Leo are the only decent part of the defensive front. The young safeties look good too actually but Wilkerson isn't a problem in fact he's pretty good  

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lee was an under-sized LB coming out of college EVERYONE knew it.. Todd Bowles thought he was the next Tyrann Mathieu in LB form. 

As usual, what the **** is your point? He was picked in the high teens, where he was projected to go. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

My sentiments exactly......thank you.

I’d agree on all except maybe Lee – I’d give him a shot under a new coach/system. He looks a bad player but he’s being used pretty awfully too. He’s not Hack or Gholston, I think he has NFL talent but he needs to seriously improve. 

Mo broke my heart. I wanted the guy resigned but he’s just cashed in and taken it easy ever since. Total transformation – He can f*ck off too.

Bowles and Mac are both done. There’s no rebuilding years for them. I think the only reason we didn’t pull the trigger last year is because it would have been such an unappealing job given the state we were in. May as well waste the guaranteed disaster year on these failures and let the new regime start anew with some real investment. 

I will say this - As bad as it is I was expecting it to be worse - There are some potentially decent pieces to build around: Williams, the safeties, Shell, Kearse etc. but this roster needs to be torn apart in the off-season. Quite looking forward to it. 

When are people gonna understand that a sh*t show has to be put on the field for a tank job ? It will be impossible for a good team to tank . It's impossible to play both sides (wanting to be good and top pick ) pick a damn side .In this league it takes a qb to win , and they're at the top of the draft . People need to stop b*tching because we're losing .either you guys want us to be the same old jets mediocre and win 6-9 games or a powerhouse this is the process. And no coach can win with this damn roster , Lombardi , Shula , Walsh all get canned if this FO listens to some of you idiots. This is a process .

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Exactly how does a 1st time GM and HC prove to his owner and fan base that they can win if they have some talent ?  This regime won 10 games with a veteran old roster and a QB not a single fan wanted here and gets no credit for it because of the schedule  . They gave that roster another shot while trying to add young players and age showed it's true colors . Now in the mist of building something from scratch, the loyal fan base turns on them because of 40+ years they had nothing to do with . 

SOJ, and SOJF . Generational misery . 

Me, I want no part of yall's  misery .

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets picked the wrong guy again, thats my point. 

Every guy is the wrong guy without a qb , no qb here who in their right mind comes to coach the jets in this situation only to get canned because retarded fans force the FO hand ? THAT is why we SUCK

2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Every guy is the wrong guy without a qb , no qb here who in their right mind comes to coach the jets in this situation only to get canned because retarded fans force the FO hand ? THAT is why we SUCK

Hence the current dilemma .. we're 12.5% of the way to winning the 2018 QB sweepstakes and ALL indications say we will win that pick hands down.

Now - who picks him? Pretty frightening band of schwanses steering this boat. And if we do fall into the right guy who coaches him?

Sell the team Woody - you're an idiot, bad for the sport, and certainly bad for this team.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I can't disagree with any of it, and I think the house cleaning is coming. I thought Macc and Bowles would make it. But it is doubtful at this point.

Hackenberg, Lee, Wilkerson's contract and the best wide receiver being a waiver wire (Yeah I know it was a trade) --- these are all going to do Macc in.

Bringing Kacy back, and having the defense look like crap, these are all the reasons you need to fire Bowles.

Suspect that Bowles will soon offer up Kacy Rodgers to the volcano. Somebody is gonna get fired very soon.  But it won't save Bowles in January. 

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Exactly how does a 1st time GM and HC prove to his owner and fan base that they can win if they have some talent ?  This regime won 10 games with a veteran old roster and a QB not a single fan wanted here and gets no credit for it because of the schedule  . They gave that roster another shot while trying to add young players and age showed it's true colors . Now in the mist of building something from scratch, the loyal fan base turns on them because of 40+ years they had nothing to do with . 

SOJ, and SOJF . Generational misery . 

Me, I want no part of yall's  misery .

You have 10 posts already today

We are going to see about 100 of these threads this season. I highly doubt Macc is going anywhere. Is Lee a bust? I guess. I think he is being misused and would probably be a serviceable player if he was used properly, but he certainly wasn't a great pick by Macc. But Williams is a stud and Adams is looking very good. Some of you act like 1st round picks succeed 99pct of the time. Look at past drafts and you will see plenty of Darron Lee's taken in the top 10, let alone later in the first. 

Macc deserves credit for Williams/Adams/Mayes (both safeties graded out very well yesterday despite the disaster). He made a great trade for Kearse and a 2nd for Sheldon. Anderson was a solid free agent pick up. Shell is turning into a decent RT. The jury is out on 

Macc also deserves the blame for Devin Smith/Mauldin/Hack picks.

Macc inherited a terrible roster and there is virtually nothing left from the Idzik era. To just fire macc and start over again is a recipe for disaster. This organization needs continuity. Bellicheat was a train-wreck in Cleveland and he's turned into an OK coach. Sometimes you need a little patience...something this fan base lacks. 

As for Bowles, he has shown me nothing and we definitely need to move on from him next year. 

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't get the hate for MO. Watch him closely these last 2 games, he's productive despite being doubled.

there was one play where Osemele literally had him by the back of the jersey as he steamed toward Carr and they didn't call holding. The 9 and the 6 were taut and Osemele was a full yard behind Wilkerson. 

He and Leo are the only decent part of the defensive front. The young safeties look good too actually but Wilkerson isn't a problem in fact he's pretty good  

I watched him pretty closely yesterday too and he pretty clearly gave zero f-cks on about half the plays.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We are going to see about 100 of these threads this season. I highly doubt Macc is going anywhere. Is Lee a bust? I guess. I think he is being misused and would probably be a serviceable player if he was used properly, but he certainly wasn't a great pick by Macc. But Williams is a stud and Adams is looking very good. Some of you act like 1st round picks succeed 99pct of the time. Look at past drafts and you will see plenty of Darron Lee's taken in the top 10, let alone later in the first. 

Macc deserves credit for Williams/Adams/Mayes (both safeties graded out very well yesterday despite the disaster). He made a great trade for Kearse and a 2nd for Sheldon. Anderson was a solid free agent pick up. Shell is turning into a decent RT. The jury is out on 

Macc also deserves the blame for Devin Smith/Mauldin/Hack picks.

Macc inherited a terrible roster and there is virtually nothing left from the Idzik era. To just fire macc and start over again is a recipe for disaster. This organization needs continuity. Bellicheat was a train-wreck in Cleveland and he's turned into an OK coach. Sometimes you need a little patience...something this fan base lacks. 

As for Bowles, he has shown me nothing and we definitely need to move on from him next year. 

Do you trust Macc to pick the QB in the '18 draft? That decision could make or break us for years

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I agree, but both those guys miss Snacks .

3 minutes ago, Brady's a catcher said:

Do you trust Macc to pick the QB in the '18 draft? That decision could make or break us for years

I don't have complete faith in him, but there aren't many GMs available that I would put all my faith into. My hope is that we fire Bowles and hire an experienced Coach or an offensive guru that will help the process. In the end, there are years when the choice at QB is a slam dunk and this is that year. If we finish with the worst record a chimp could be the GM and our pick would be Darnold. 

Archived