People/Players So Bad, They Should Be Unemployed Today

Warfish

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Steelers picked Artie Burns further down in that draft.  That was the smart pick.

They also made a player out of Ryan Shazier, who is about the same size as Lee.

They also found starting OLBs in Bud Dupree and TJ Watt, both mid-late first rounders.

The Jets could have done very well in 2017 if they traded down.

these guys wouldn't be good on the jets with bowles as coach.  the steelers have a system and draft players who fit the system.  the jets don't, on either side of the ball.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

That is true everyone:  Lee was picked right around where everyone believed he was go.

Now, here is the issue: Why do we always seem to be the team to pick guys where they should go (COUGH Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, Darron Lee, Vernon Gholston, etc.), and yet they do not work out for us?

Thank Christ there's at least one person who here who understood what I meant there. Thank you. 

As to your second part, it's all about development. With all the Jets fans here there must be some Islander fans here as well. They were a disaster for the longest time, still kind of are. But does anyone really think they were reaching on all of those draft picks that whole time? NO. Now Milbury, and others, but mostly Milbury may have made ridiculous trades and signed insane deals to help destroy that team for about 20 years. That's another thread though. It's about developing players, and yes, that falls on Macc/Woody in the end. 

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

If I woke up today to see all these people gone, I wouldn't shed a single tear.  They have all earned it.  And whomever interim might replace them literally couldn't do a worse job.

The embarrassment of yesterday, and the pending embarrassments to come, need to result in someones head.  Preferably multiple someones.

Clean the house.  Fire Macc, fire Bowles, cut Lee, cut Wilk (and ffs cut that fumbling JAG Raymond, he's a nobody anyway).

Hire a GM.  A legit, experienced GM.  Let the GM hire the coaching staff.  Then start the REAL rebuild and talent restoration.

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

here's the thing.  when the players get it through their heads that they aren't winning they will shut it down and just endure the games.  i think fouts said it right that the offense seemed to have more pep in their step once they made a few plays.  true enough.  they also think they can turn it on next season so no matter what this season is this season and next season is something else. and if they get a whiff that bowles is on the way out then there is no reason for them to do anything.  play for pride?  nah.  they'll be mailing it in and hoping they don't get injured.

the bottom line is bowles has a train wreck on his hands and he has maybe two games to turn it around.

Honestly I don't think it's possible to have players give the same amount of effort they'd give if they were motivated by a competitive season.

Sure it'd be nice.  And you can say they make millions so always play hard.  It's just not realistic.  

They know the team is tanking purposely.  They'll play at a high level to advance their careers, but it won't be comparable to the motivation other teams have.

So I really don't judge Macc or Bowles on games this year.  Last year?  Yes, they sucked ass.  Now though they're doing what I think is correct.  Lose every week.  

The exception here needs to be Mo though.  He has a history of being lazy.  Sonhe needs to step it up or gtfo.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Honestly I don't think it's possible to have players give the same amount of effort they'd give if they were motivated by a competitive season.

Sure it'd be nice.  And you can say they make millions so always play hard.  It's just not realistic.  

They know the team is tanking purposely.  They'll play at a high level to advance their careers, but it won't be comparable to the motivation other teams have.

The exception here needs to be Mo.  He has a history of being lazy.  Sonhe needs to step it up or gtfo.

i agree.  and that's my point too about these not really considering much about next season.  if they play good enough they'll get a job somewhere or even with the next jets team.  their play this season isn't necessarily going to carry over to the next. wilk is absolutely ridiculous at this stage.  he really needs to turn it up a few notches to even be a good player. he's got albert hainsworth written all over him.

26 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So I really don't judge Macc or Bowles on games this year.  Last year?  Yes, they sucked ass.  Now though they're doing what I think is correct.  Lose every week. 

Macc and Bowles are responsible for this mess, I blame them for everything wrong with this team. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc and Bowles are responsible for this mess, I blame them for everything wrong with this team. 

Well I agree they're responsible for everything the past 3 years.

2015 was pretty good.  The downside being sticking with sh*tz.

2016 was absolutely horrible.  Mainly because of that scum#&#**@@&#> $[@&; Fitz.

2017?..  I'm as happy as a Nazi at a Trump rally.  If they keep up the great work and really get the top draft pick while having 100mil in cap space; unbelievably that'll make up for sh*tz.

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

-Bowles.  One of the worst Head Coaches I have ever had the displeasure of watching.  His D, in year three, is a spectacular disaster worse in every way that what he inherited.  Add on top his sticking with McCown/Forte/Kearse/Kerley well after the game was long lost, and his sins are unforgivable.

-Raymond.  I don't care that he had one kinda sorta good run.  His fumble changed the game, and he continues to be a fumble-machine.  I would have fired him on the god damn field and sent him to the locker room right then and there.

-D. Lee.  This is clearly turning out to be a horrible pick.  Typical Macc, typical "I know better than everyone else, so I'll pick the undersized/underskilled guy and show everyone".  Lee is the the D what Hack is to the O, a player than never, ever should have been selected where they were, and are not legitimate NFL talents.

-Wilkerson.  Oh how the mighty (in potential) have fallen.  I've never seen a player of his talent-level fall of the face of the earth so pathetically.  He doesn't even try anymore to hide that he's not really trying.  They guy is a total non-factor.  His paycheck is outright theft.

-Macc.  This team is a poorly built disaster.  i don't give two sh*ts about the silly "oh, he's doing this on purpose to get the #1 pick" tin foil hat theorizing.  This team is poorly run from the very top down, Macc has been borderline Idzik-like in his inability to select talent or retain talent or to manage the Head Coach.

If I woke up today to see all these people gone, I wouldn't shed a single tear.  They have all earned it.  And whomever interim might replace them literally couldn't do a worse job.

The embarrassment of yesterday, and the pending embarrassments to come, need to result in someones head.  Preferably multiple someones.

Clean the house.  Fire Macc, fire Bowles, cut Lee, cut Wilk (and ffs cut that fumbling JAG Raymond, he's a nobody anyway).

Hire a GM.  A legit, experienced GM.  Let the GM hire the coaching staff.  Then start the REAL rebuild and talent restoration.

Do you think Gruden will come out of retirement to be the next coach/GM?

Archived