Points from Yesterday

UnitedWhofans

1. I am now officialy on the get rid of Todd Bowles camp. Continues to misuse Darron Lee and getting him killed (Ira from Staten Island thinks the same thing). And his defense gives up a ton of big plays. That is supposed to be his calling card. And then on top of all that he comes out saying the defense has made strides. not a good look

2. Maccagnan strikes again! Jermaine Kearse now has more TD catches than Doug Baldwin has. And he's going to be around for next year when the new QB comes in.

3. Jets did remain competitive for awhile in this game, longer than I thought they would be, so give them credit for that

4. The Giants offense must be REALLY bad if Denver could wax the floor with teh Cowboys defense

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. I am now officialy on the get rid of Todd Bowles camp. Continues to misuse Darron Lee and getting him killed (Ira from Staten Island thinks the same thing). And his defense gives up a ton of big plays. That is supposed to be his calling card. And then on top of all that he comes out saying the defense has made strides. not a good look

2. Maccagnan strikes again! Jermaine Kearse now has more TD catches than Doug Baldwin has. And he's going to be around for next year when the new QB comes in.

3. Jets did remain competitive for awhile in this game, longer than I thought they would be, so give them credit for that

4. The Giants offense must be REALLY bad if Denver could wax the floor with teh Cowboys defense

This is a disease

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ira from Staten Island?!

Case closed bro.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He should never be put in a position where he has to shed blocks or make tackles or be physical in any way. You know, coaching

Lee was a missed pick IMO. He avoids contact like the plague, fails to fill lanes, gets caught up by blockers who disrupt him in coverage. Basically in Todd Bowles dysfunctional defense, no one is going to look good, but I never thought they would look this bad. Leonard Williams hasn't played to his capabilities, and if he has he sucks. I can't say enough about how great it is to see Josh McCown jump start his career (sarcasm) while Bryce Petty - who has as many wins as McCown in his last 25 starts.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As a hybrid safety/linebacker. Deone Buchanan. Not an everydown inside linebacker. He will get killed

Darron Lee hasn't shown any ability to play either the LB position or the coverage ability to play the safety position, why would he excel at a hybrid position?

More to the point, out of curiosity, how many downs have you watched Deone Buchanan play?  I'm guessing close to zero, and you're just throwing out some other writers idea that we have no evidence to support Lee being drafted for that purpose or capable of that purpose?  How'd I do?

Just now, gEYno said:

Darron Lee hasn't shown any ability to play either the LB position or the coverage ability to play the safety position, why would he excel at a hybrid position?

More to the point, out of curiosity, how many downs have you watched Deone Buchanan play?  I'm guessing close to zero, and you're just throwing out some other writers idea that we have no evidence to support Lee being drafted for that purpose or capable of that purpose?  How'd I do?

Writers with more credentials than you do. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Writers with more credentials than you do. 

So, credentials make the writers opinion more valid than mine.  Fine, I'll concede.

But, since you're valuing credentials as paramount.

Todd Bowles (and every Jets staff member) who are using Lee as they are, has significantly more credentials than the NJ.com writer, so I guess the writer's opinion is not valid.

Uh oh... Tough spot here, let's sit back and see how WhoFans tries to weasel out of this one....

Just now, gEYno said:

So, credentials make the writers opinion more valid than mine.  Fine, I'll concede.

But, since you're valuing credentials as paramount.

Todd Bowles (and every Jets staff member) who are using Lee as they are, has significantly more credentials than the NJ.com writer, so I guess the writer's opinion is not valid.

Uh oh... Tough spot here, let's sit back and see how WhoFans tries to weasel out of this one....

No he doesn't. He's an idiot. I could coach better than him

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

you want to know what really bothers me. The Jets get these two guys from praises by Ron Wolf, and Charlie Casserly, and Bill Parcells, and Bruce Arians. And that doesnt seem to be enough for any success and belief. What else can they do?

These same guys recommended Todd Bowles.

Another failed argument.

Archived