So angry and disgusted that I'm looking for a new team (for this year at least).

TMAC

I absolutely despise Woody Johnson for the idiotic decisions he's made. He has destroyed this franchise. Eric Mangini.  John Idzik.  Todd Bowles. Mike Maccagnan. He can't do anything right.  Six years without a playoff game and it looks like it could be another six if not more.  The Jets are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.  I've rooted for the Jets since Joe Willie was a rookie. When times got tough, it never occurred to me to abandon ship.  But now I'm so disgusted I just want to watch good football. This team is atrocious.  And the terrible play of the defense is an indictment of the head coach who needs to go. It's unfair to expect fans to stomach this kind of garbage year in and year out. How can Woody Johnson look in the mirror or show his stupid looking face in public?

There are teams I like to see do well besides the JETS. Mostly because they are the teams of my friends and family. There are individual players from other teams I root for. This is true for me in all sports. But to up and just pick another team? Never. 

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Even though I want the #1 pick in next year's draft, I watched the whole game and rooted for them.  All in all it was a useless game and if we are going to win one game I want it to be against the Patriots in Foxboro.

That's like a dude who wants to stay sane deciding to get married.

Make up your mind man.

Either want the 1st pick, or want mediocrity and some wins.

Just now, Mike135 said:

That's like a dude who wants to stay sane deciding to get married.

Make up your mind man.

Either want the 1st pick, or want mediocrity and some wins.

I am all in on the first pick but I can still root for them a bit to show me something without winning.  I can have my cake and eat it too.  

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

I absolutely despise Woody Johnson for the idiotic decisions he's made. He has destroyed this franchise. Eric Mangini.  John Idzik.  Todd Bowles. Mike Maccagnan. He can't do anything right.  Six years without a playoff game and it looks like it could be another six if not more.  The Jets are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.  I've rooted for the Jets since Joe Willie was a rookie. When times got tough, it never occurred to me to abandon ship.  But now I'm so disgusted I just want to watch good football. This team is atrocious.  And the terrible play of the defense is an indictment of the head coach who needs to go. It's unfair to expect fans to stomach this kind of garbage year in and year out. How can Woody Johnson look in the mirror or show his stupid looking face in public?

Don't think they got mirrors in England 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I am all in on the first pick but I can still root for them a bit to show me something without winning.  I can have my cake and eat it too.  

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

This is where I'm at. 

Not me.  I wanna be able to relax by mid-way through 2nd quarter.  Hopefully losing every game by 20+ at that time.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not me.  I wanna be able to relax by mid-way through 2nd quarter.  Hopefully losing every game by 20+ at that time.

I get it. Nothing wrong with some of the guys becoming actual football players in the process though. 

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Why?  You don't want to see some of the younger guys on the roster come along? 

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

Well when I was like 7 I was told that you pick a team at a young age and you never look back.

To me there is no second favorite team. There is no I am not rooting for them this year.

All I know is rooting for them no matter how tough it is at times.

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Why?  You don't want to see some of the younger guys on the roster come along? 

Oh absolutely I do.  That doesn't require being competitive though.  Indivulidually guys can play well and make progress while the team absolutely sucks.

Like I'm not even watching the ball so far this year.  Cause I don't give two sh*ts what happens with it.  I watch how the young WRs get off the ball, or linemen block/rush individually, or how long it takes a LB to sniff out a run and shoot the gap, and so on...

Just now, Mike135 said:

Oh absolutely I do.  That doesn't require being competitive though.  Indivulidually guys can play well and make progress while the team absolutely sucks.

Like I'm not even watching the ball so far this year.  Cause o don't give two sh*ts what happens with it.  I watch how the young WRs get off the ball, or linemen block/rush individually, or how long it takes a LB to sniff out a run and shoot the gap, and so on...

Okay. I feel we have to be a bit competitive because we need a bunch of guys to get better.  Basically everyone but the QB, really.

Just now, Drums said:

Okay. I feel we have to be a bit competitive because we need a bunch of guys to get better.  Basically everyone but the QB, really.

In today's NFL, lacking a QB and WRs means you lose badly no matter what imo.

It's the genius to Macc's plan.  Hell all the young guys could be damn good.  Wouldn't matter lacking a QB and legit WR1n2.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I'm looking for a new league, too. The NFL suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Try the Champion's League.   Easy to DVR matches on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. A huge tournament where clubs face off from different countries, with different payrolls, different styles, different talent levels...

Can watch a match in less than an hour with some fast forwarding through halftime; waiting for substitutions, injuries (both real and fake), and the time before set pieces.

Two game series' in the knockout stages, home and away.  Often a Cinderella team in the final 8.  And the cream rises to the top when you get down to the last 4.

The Final is often anti-climactic as far as the football, but a billion people watch the spectacle.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Try the Champion's League.   Easy to DVR matches on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. A huge tournament where clubs face off from different countries, with different payrolls, different styles, different talent levels...

Can watch a match in less than an hour with some fast forwarding through halftime, waiting for substitutions, injuries (real and fake), and the time before set pieces.

Two game series' in the knockout stages, home and away.  Often a Cinderella team in the final 8.  And the cream rises to the top when you get down to the last 4.

The Final is often anti-climactic as far as the football, but a billion people watch the spectacle.

Your not talking about soccer are you?

Archived