So angry and disgusted that I'm looking for a new team (for this year at least).

TMAC

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

I absolutely despise Woody Johnson for the idiotic decisions he's made. He has destroyed this franchise. Eric Mangini.  John Idzik.  Todd Bowles. Mike Maccagnan. He can't do anything right.  Six years without a playoff game and it looks like it could be another six if not more.  The Jets are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.  I've rooted for the Jets since Joe Willie was a rookie. When times got tough, it never occurred to me to abandon ship.  But now I'm so disgusted I just want to watch good football. This team is atrocious.  And the terrible play of the defense is an indictment of the head coach who needs to go. It's unfair to expect fans to stomach this kind of garbage year in and year out. How can Woody Johnson look in the mirror or show his stupid looking face in public?

Go. Don't come back. 

I have been a fan long enough that I saw Joe Willy play at Shea number of times.  Since I live in Charlotte I watch the Panthers often as well. I was at the Panther game on Saturday while I dvr'd the Jet game so I could see it in full.  This might be the hardest time to be a fan since the Kotite era.

17 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

No. Change teams? Being a Jet Fan is like..... being a Jet Fan. One equated it to marriage. Marriage is different. You can end a marriage. Once you become a Jet Fan thats it. It is ingrained on your soul. Sucks huh.

I know that. I'm just venting.

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

I know that. I'm just venting.

Better times are coming bro. I been through it all with this team. The roller coaster ride that is being a Jet Fan is not an easy one. Take it easy and remember it won't always be this way and know that one day we will hoist that trophy named after Lombardi.

20 hours ago, TMAC said:

I absolutely despise Woody Johnson for the idiotic decisions he's made. He has destroyed this franchise. Eric Mangini.  John Idzik.  Todd Bowles. Mike Maccagnan. He can't do anything right.  Six years without a playoff game and it looks like it could be another six if not more.  The Jets are becoming the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.  I've rooted for the Jets since Joe Willie was a rookie. When times got tough, it never occurred to me to abandon ship.  But now I'm so disgusted I just want to watch good football. This team is atrocious.  And the terrible play of the defense is an indictment of the head coach who needs to go. It's unfair to expect fans to stomach this kind of garbage year in and year out. How can Woody Johnson look in the mirror or show his stupid looking face in public?

Another OP ranting, raving, and venting...

Why?!?!

This team and CS as assembled is nearly perfect to give the franchise a chance to finally solve the problem at QB.

What would you prefer?  A semi-competitive team stuck in 7-9 purgatory forever?

Do something else on Sundays this season.  What is the big deal?

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well when I was like 7 I was told that you pick a team at a young age and you never look back.

To me there is no second favorite team. There is no I am not rooting for them this year.

All I know is rooting for them no matter how tough it is at times.

Sometimes I hate this team more than I love them, but it's either rooting for them, or moving on from being a fan.  Rooting for another team...no thanks.

Quite simply the Jets are a team you love to hate!  I have been a Jets fan since they drafted Namath.  I live near Greensboro, NC now and do follow the Panthers some but I still live and breathe Jet Green.  I drive around with a Big Jets Fan license plate on the front of my car enduring all of the ridicule that goes with it hoping and praying that I will see one more Super Bowl trophy before I die.  Go Jets!

20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Try the Champion's League.   Easy to DVR matches on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. A huge tournament where clubs face off from different countries, with different payrolls, different styles, different talent levels...

Can watch a match in less than an hour with some fast forwarding through halftime; waiting for substitutions, injuries (both real and fake), and the time before set pieces.

Two game series' in the knockout stages, home and away.  Often a Cinderella team in the final 8.  And the cream rises to the top when you get down to the last 4.

The Final is often anti-climactic as far as the football, but a billion people watch the spectacle.

Fake injuries? Fast forwarding? Sounds gripping.

32 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

By definition, when you are on a Jets forum declaring that you are too mad to be a Jets fan anymore, you are a lifer. Just accept your fate. The mercy seat will come soon enough.

Dude, every married man ever jerks it to another lady on occasion.

22 hours ago, TMAC said:

Watch football on Saturdays instead (maybe root for Sam Darnold).  And if you want to watch on Sundays, there's always gambling!

On 9/18/2017 at 8:25 PM, TMAC said:

Penn State really helped me through last year and hoping they'll do the same for me this year.  Explosive team, fun to watch, just what I would love the Jets to be.

Archived