Giants look like they're tanking lol

johnnyjet

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Would be pretty fitting if the Giants get the first pick instead of the Jets because the Pats bench everyone and Bowles is still playing his vets.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sounds about right, the NFL, and the guys in the inner circle have no interest in the Jets, and Woody Johnson ever having a true franchise QB, but will bend over backwards to make sure the Giants secure another one as soon as it is apparent that Eli is completely done.

Two weeks in a row of watching at least half a Giants game and wondering why they didn't sign Mangold. I get he's not in league right now and maybe just done but I'm not sure how someone just becomes that done, I think it's more about value and he's only willing to Play for so/ too much, but none the less, two weeks in a row thought crossed my mind. 

can't say anyone knows what's going on with the gianits.  mcadoo was another one of those offensive guru coaches.  i guess he's not fitting his offense to the players he has.  and you'd think the giaints would be soaring with snacks and marshall.  sounds like marshall is talking as usual and not paying attention to catching passes.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Sounds about right, the NFL, and the guys in the inner circle have no interest in the Jets, and Woody Johnson ever having a true franchise QB, but will bend over backwards to make sure the Giants secure another one as soon as it is apparent that Eli is completely done.

is the inner circle playing the games as well?   are they going to make the tackles?

silly 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets and Giants have the first two picks in the draft, they better hold it in NY.

I can already tell you how this is going to play out:

- Sam Darnold will blow out his shoulder some time in the next couple of weeks.
- Going into the final week of the season, we will be neck and neck with the Giants for the #1 pick. If we lose we get the pick.
- The Giants will lose their final game.  We will win, resulting in us dropping to the 4th pick behind the Giants, San Francisco, and Cleveland respectively.
- Josh Rosen, Mason Rudolph, and Lamar Jackson will be selected with the first 3 picks.
- Because of his shoulder injury, Sam Darnold will fall to the 32nd pick, where New England will take him. He will go on to play there for 15 years and win multiple Super Bowls.
- With the 4th pick in the draft, the Jets will take a DB from the SEC with a mediocre 40 time, but tons of leadership qualities. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Two weeks in a row of watching at least half a Giants game and wondering why they didn't sign Mangold. I get he's not in league right now and maybe just done but I'm not sure how someone just becomes that done, I think it's more about value and he's only willing to Play for so/ too much, but none the less, two weeks in a row thought crossed my mind. 

Story was that they wanted to move him to guard and he refused. Richburg is the one guy they like on that line, so he isn't the best fit. OTOH, I don't think Richburg was extended yet, so...

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Mangold is a backup for TB, no? Golfing with Fitz

I knew we'd suck this year so my enjoyment is coming while watching the giants tumble.  I hope they keep this up.  it's also fun to finally see some people talk realistically about Eli Manning rather than the nonsensical HOF talk b/c he had 2 good months in postseason in his career.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/eli-manning-is-profoundly-mediocre/

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I knew we'd suck this year so my enjoyment is coming while watching the giants tumble.  I hope they keep this up.  it's also fun to finally see some people talk realistically about Eli Manning rather than the nonsensical HOF talk b/c he had 2 good months in postseason in his career.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/eli-manning-is-profoundly-mediocre/

He is still superior by far to any QB we have had in 30 years except the mercenary Favre. 

HOF?   He just might get in....  let's not debate it.  He s borderline in many sports writers eyes. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

He is still superior by far to any QB we have had in 30 years except the mercenary Favre. 

HOF?   He just might get in....  let's not debate it.  He s borderline in many sports writers eyes. 

I'd love to have him but he's not a HOfer- not even close.  He's basically Mark Sanchez w/ talent around him. 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I can already tell you how this is going to play out:

- Sam Darnold will blow out his shoulder some time in the next couple of weeks.
- Going into the final week of the season, we will be neck and neck with the Giants for the #1 pick. If we lose we get the pick.
- The Giants will lose their final game.  We will win, resulting in us dropping to the 4th pick behind the Giants, San Francisco, and Cleveland respectively.
- Josh Rosen, Mason Rudolph, and Lamar Jackson will be selected with the first 3 picks.
- Because of his shoulder injury, Sam Darnold will fall to the 32nd pick, where New England will take him. He will go on to play there for 15 years and win multiple Super Bowls.
- With the 4th pick in the draft, the Jets will take a DB from the SEC with a mediocre 40 time, but tons of leadership qualities. 

This is such a classic Jets Fan post.  :lol:

I'm surprised the media was selling the SB stuff in preseason.  The Giants have been bad under Reese and McAdoo.  Reese is one of the worst GMs in the NFL who has lived off of SBs essentially built by Ernie Accorsi and Coughlin.  They let go of the wrong guy in Coughlin.  McAdoo has never showed anything in NFL.  His O sucked when he was Coughlin's OC, but he gets promoted?

The different way the media treats the Giants and Jets is absurd.  Yes, there are the rings (6 years ago and counting), but there has been a lot of mess.  Where was the outrage over the way Mara handled the wife abusing Brown?

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'd love to have him but he's not a HOfer- not even close.  He's basically Mark Sanchez w/ talent around him. 

I bet he gets very close on his first attempt in and he eventually gets in.  Just my hunch .  Without looking at stats, his are probably near to Plunkett for example and the Manning name will be worth a few votes as will 2 Super Bowls. 

Just google the topic... most sports writers disagree with you. 

Giants are in BIG TROUBLE, lol. They better win at Philly next week...look at the defenses they get after that..@ Bucs, Chargers (Bosa & Ingram vs Giants Oline,lol), @ Broncos, Seahawks! They have GOT TO WIN @ PHILLY, home vs Chargers! Or they are FINISHED! Can you imagine what Aaron Donald & that Dline from the Rams will do to that line?

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I bet he gets very close on his first attempt in and he eventually gets in.  Just my hunch .  Without looking at stats, his are probably near to Plunkett for example and the Manning name will be worth a few votes as will 2 Super Bowls. 

Just google the topic... most sports writers disagree with you. 

He may get in, he doesn't deserve to get in.  he won 2 SB MVPs he didn't deserve. 

-he has 2 legitimate PB apps, zero all pro teams

-has only led in one major statistical category and that's INTs which he led THREE times

-he has won playoff games in only those 2 SB winning seasons

-in those SB winning seasons w/ SB talent around him he led his team to 10 and 9 wins.

-he has never won a playoff game when his D has allowed more than 20 points(0-4), in reg season when D has allowed more than 20 he is 33-81(29%).  for reference Mark Sanchez is 1-2 in postseason and 10-26 in reg season(28%)

-has only led Giants to playoffs 6 times in his 13 year career despite NFC East being a weaker division in most of those seasons.

-Giants missed playoffs 6 of 7 seasons in his prime

he does not even belong in the discussion.  they let many undeserving players in but this is one that shouldn't even be up for discussion.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He may get in, he doesn't deserve to get in.  he won 2 SB MVPs he didn't deserve. 

-he has 2 legitimate PB apps, zero all pro teams

-has only led in one major statistical category and that's INTs which he led THREE times

-he has won playoff games in only those 2 SB winning seasons

-in those SB winning seasons w/ SB talent around him he led his team to 10 and 9 wins.

-he has never won a playoff game when his D has allowed more than 20 points(0-4), in reg season when D has allowed more than 20 he is 33-81(29%).  for reference Mark Sanchez is 1-2 in postseason and 10-26 in reg season(28%)

-has only led Giants to playoffs 6 times in his 13 year career despite NFC East being a weaker division in most of those seasons.

-Giants missed playoffs 6 of 7 seasons in his prime

he does not even belong in the discussion.  they let many undeserving players in but this is one that shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Again.... you seem to disagree with 90 percent of sports writers.  That's OK.  I've learned you are passionate on your beliefs, even if they fly in the face of facts. ?

11 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Cimini torched the Giants on twitter with this quote nugget

Last 7 games: Jets 111 points, Giants 92. And the Giants have Eli Manning and the world's greatest receiver.

8:28 PM - 18 Sep 2017

Thank God we don't have to listen to the Giants fans.   I hope they go 4 and 12. 

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

can't say anyone knows what's going on with the gianits.  mcadoo was another one of those offensive guru coaches.  i guess he's not fitting his offense to the players he has.  and you'd think the giaints would be soaring with snacks and marshall.  sounds like marshall is talking as usual and not paying attention to catching passes.

Giants should be Super Bowl conternders. Shows you how important the O-line is. We might actually have a better one than the Giants.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Mangold is a backup for TB, no? Golfing with Fitz

I'm willing to bet $1k that's a no without looking it up. 

I don't think it's that some of these guys can't play anymore but that they'll only play at a certain price and fit that usually doesn't work for even 1 of 32 teams. 

1 hour ago, SMC said:

I'm surprised the media was selling the SB stuff in preseason.  The Giants have been bad under Reese and McAdoo.  Reese is one of the worst GMs in the NFL who has lived off of SBs essentially built by Ernie Accorsi and Coughlin.  They let go of the wrong guy in Coughlin.  McAdoo has never showed anything in NFL.  His O sucked when he was Coughlin's OC, but he gets promoted?

The different way the media treats the Giants and Jets is absurd.  Yes, there are the rings (6 years ago and counting), but there has been a lot of mess.  Where was the outrage over the way Mara handled the wife abusing Brown?

I know that this is non PC for a Jets fan to say but i would have been very happy to start with Eli, Coughlin and a sound OL and go from there. 

There is little doubt that Coughlin is a professional HC, he knows what he is doing and while he has done strange and odd things at times, one thing he is definitely committed to is winning and a sound culture.

45 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Giants should be Super Bowl conternders. Shows you how important the O-line is. We might actually have a better one than the Giants.

Why would they be super bowl contenders? What did they add this offseason? A TE and Brandon Marshall?  DJ Fluker?  They lost Hankins, Hall and Sensabaugh and did nothing to fix their biggest problem area - OLine.  They haven't scored 20 points since Thanksgiving.

The Cowboys (twice) Redskins (split) and Lions were the only teams with winning records that they beat. They lost to the Vikings, Packers (twice), Redskins, Steelers and Eagles (7-9).  Their big hope was the Oline gelling, but with Hart out they shifted Pugh over and that equals a downgrade at two spots while Flowers looks no better.  The 2016 Giants were a good team that did not get better. 

30 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Giants stink. They have a regressing QB and they have a worse O-Line than ours. They can't protect their over the hill QB.

I didn't like the Giants at all coming into this season. They were being completely overrated by people who think Eli is Peyton when he isn't.

Didn't matter cause MCaDufus thinks he is a genius offensive mind and he don't need no OL.... :) 

Amazing guys like him get promoted..Why???? 

Cause he was a Great TE coach with GB? Or is it because it came to the Giants to be the OC of a two time SB winning QB and franchise?

The Giants aren't really that much better than the Jets and that is PATHETIC!!

The Giants got rid of Coughlin for this.....

Folks give Bowles grief and he was an Assistant Coach of the Year and he came to a team that everyone knew was crappy and folks are saying why aren't the Jets better with still horrific talent; while no one criticizes Super Ben McAdoo who was handed a team, that had the key skill positions in place (for example, best WR in NFL) and the team is scoring points at a historically poor level, yea!

A joke!!

Archived