Marshall's drop

FlagmanL11

Brandon was targeted only five times with one catch and two drops - they have to spend some time getting him up to speed - Fitz used to call him at night and talk about plays, what does Eli do to help his new WR?

Not to wish bad on a solid ex-Jet, but I will enjoy watching this implode with OBJ, BM, Eli's dad, etc... - the Jets are not news anymore (full tank) but the VaGiants should make some headlines - that was a preseason playoff team turning into a dumpster fire before our eyes.  Here we go, as the brilliant big blue fans are trashing the LB on the Broncos thinking it's their WR on Twitter, can't make this up... :)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/broncos-brandon-marshall-responds-trolls-f-giants-article-1.3505271

Giants fans decided to take their anger out on Twitter, bashing Brandon Marshall after he struggled for the second straight game in the Giants’ 24-10 loss to the Lions Monday night.

There was only one problem -- they were tweeting at the wrong Brandon Marshall.

Instead of directing their hate towards the 6-foot-4 receiver, Giants fans were harassing the 28-year-old Broncos linebacker of the same name.

“@BMarshh54 you're the main reason we are 0-2. Go back to the jets nobody wants you here anymore,” one fan wrote, unaware of the linebacker’s jersey number clearly in his Twitter handle.

“So I'm the reason we're trash? Nah,” Marshall responded.

The Broncos linebacker, who has had to deal with clueless fans confusing him for the Giants receiver since being drafted in 2012, appeared frustrated with the constant hate flooding his mentions Monday night.

F the Giants!!” Marshall wrote in response to a tweet from a fan that has since been removed.

“@BMarshh54 catch the ball dude,” one fan wrote.

Catch these ....,” Marshall responded.

5 hours ago, David Harris said:

Marshall made some great Sunday's for us. We don't need to trash every ex Jet guy. Same for Rex Ryan. These guys were solid IMO - imperfect and fallible but they did right by us.

Preach.

Marshall was seemingly everyone’s favourite player just over a year ago, and with good reason. He was incredible in 2015 and always seemed to care even when a lot of others didn’t – He had some problems but I don’t think effort was one.

Rex annoyed a lot of folks, it was his style -  but I think time will be kind on his time with the Jets. However it may have dragged on in the end he gave us two of the most entertaining seasons I can remember as a Jets fan and was initially a perfect antidote for the Mangini era. Will always love how he called out Belichick and the Pats on day one and crushed them at Foxboro the following season when they were SB favourites  and no one gave us a prayer - I will defend that guy to the grave. 

I would like to apologize to all the good level headed good people here. I'm so very sorry, but when a player is here I do my best to root for them. It's not always easy for me. So once they leave I am actually relieved to root against them. So F Revis, F Brandon, F Fitz and F Marshall. I do however still root for Snacks. Yay Snacks! 

Hahahaha this is amazing.  At least he's playing for a contender.  Hahahaha

Statistically one of the worst players in NFL at doing his job and a total cancer and this fan base whined like girls when the Jets finally rid themselves of this fraud.  

That lockerrom is going to be so juicy soon.   

At the end of the day all these vets the Jets cut to supposedly "tank" have not exactly been missed.  Marshall and Decker have had little to no impact, Mangold and Revis aren't even playing right now and David Harris played one snap on Sunday.  So at the end of the day while its tough to watch this team it was the right thing to do.  We weren't winning much with or without these guys and by keeping them would've just delayed the "rebuild" 

I'm not a guy who hates on ex-Jets, but the cold reality is that Marshall was effectively done after the loss in Buffalo.  

He signed with the Giants for a lot of reasons, and most of them had nothing to do with football.  I don't blame him, but let's be honest. He never had any intention of being a star on that team. And when a competitor switches off "alpha-dog" mode, the fall is precipitous. That kind of attitude adjustment may work in other sports, but not on the gridiron.

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I'm not a guy who hates on ex-Jets, but the cold reality is that Marshall was effectively done after the loss in Buffalo.  

He signed with the Giants for a lot of reasons, and most of them had nothing to do with football.  I don't blame him, but let's be honest. He never had any intention of being a star on that team. And when a competitor switches off "alpha-dog" mode, the fall is precipitous. That kind of attitude adjustment may work in other sports, but not on the gridiron.

Interesting take and probably a lot of truth to this 

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Interesting take and probably a lot of truth to this 

Forget the drop. The more telling play was the pass in the corner of the end zone. Marshall showed no desire to come back and fight for that ball.  He'll run his routes, but don't expect much more than that Giants fans. 

Same dynamic with Revis. We all could see he was on the decline going into last season, but after he went on record about switching to safety, no one should have been surprised at how bad he was in 2016. 

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I would like to apologize to all the good level headed good people here. I'm so very sorry, but when a player is here I do my best to root for them. It's not always easy for me. So once they leave I am actually relieved to root against them. So F Revis, F Brandon, F Fitz and F Marshall. I do however still root for Snacks. Yay Snacks! 

F Geno

Archived