I don't want to say it but

Jetster

I don't use anything that happened in the 2nd half of last years season to use as a barometer for what will happen this season. Our leading receivers in the 1st contest were Robbie Anderson & Jalin Marshall in the 1st contest, lol.

Second contest was Bryce Petty playing behind an oline with just 2 starters who started the season & our leading receivers were Robby Anderson & Powell,lol. Hell, Kearse is better than any WR we trotted out vs Miami last year & in two games this year, McCown even though he sucks is playing better than Fitz & Petty from last year. Wasn't last years 2nd Miami game when the Oline let 2 Fins edge rushers just rush in & crush Petty? LOL. 

I'm telling you guys this Jets team is healthier & much faster than last year. If they don't turn the ball over there is no reason they wont pull off a win. Bowles is getting toasted for his conservative defensive play calling to because he's protecting those youngsters in he secondary. Desperate times call for desperate measures, Jets will blitz more on Sunday too playing at home. 

46 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Welp, we just held a team that boast Phillip Rivers, Melvin Gordon, Kennan Allen, Hunter Henry & Antonio Gates to 17 points in their home opener. All players who I think could start on the 2017 New York Jets. But yet i'm still scared of this game. My prediction is the Fins go up by 4 points with a Tocuhdown late in the 4th quarter (24-20) and the Jets fail to score a td on the last position to give the Fins a thrilling 24-20 victory.

This is probably overly generous.

43 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm telling you guys this Jets team is healthier & much faster than last year. If they don't turn the ball over there is no reason they wont pull off a win.

Except for the fact they are trying to lose.

Even if Bowles goes rogue and tries to win, I'm hoping Woody/Macc have paid off some key players to sabotage things.

It's pretty much why Mccown was given so much money to play here imo.  If they're close to winning he will make sure it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I'd like nothing more than to beat the Phish. But until we find a way to stop the run, Jay Ajayi is going to go ballistic on us. 

Amazing I was told we had the greatest D-line ever between the $95 million Mo Wilk and Leonard "I'm proof Macc is a good drafter" Williams.

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

people underestimate how rare 0-16 actually is..

Plus people are getting a little ridiculous, lol. The Raiders were 12-4 & got better. Jets hung in for a while if not for the muffed punt probably would not been as ugly. Jets use to lose in Buffalo all the time, even with decent teams. Division games are always different.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I don't use anything that happened in the 2nd half of last years season to use as a barometer for what will happen this season. Our leading receivers in the 1st contest were Robbie Anderson & Jalin Marshall in the 1st contest, lol.

Second contest was Bryce Petty playing behind an oline with just 2 starters who started the season & our leading receivers were Robby Anderson & Powell,lol. Hell, Kearse is better than any WR we trotted out vs Miami last year & in two games this year, McCown even though he sucks is playing better than Fitz & Petty from last year. Wasn't last years 2nd Miami game when the Oline let 2 Fins edge rushers just rush in & crush Petty? LOL. 

I'm telling you guys this Jets team is healthier & much faster than last year. If they don't turn the ball over there is no reason they wont pull off a win. Bowles is getting toasted for his conservative defensive play calling to because he's protecting those youngsters in he secondary. Desperate times call for desperate measures, Jets will blitz more on Sunday too playing at home. 

Oh man, I honestly wished I lived in your world of blissful and ignorant optimism. 

Our team is terrible. One of the worst in recent memory. If we win, it's because the turnover God's are hugely in our favor that day. Wouldn't count on it though.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jets are beating Miami @ home on Sunday. I know, I know, tanking, blah, blah, blah, but the Raiders are a huge step up from the Dolphins, biggest Oline in the league, weapons all over the place & adding a hungry Lynch, and an up & coming franchise QB.

That punt muff was a HUGE turning point on the road, very difficult to overcome. Here's my reasoning, 1- Fins coming back from the west coast to the east & on the road again. 2- Cutler is a shell of himself, Id be more afraid of Moore to be honest. 3- Jets WILL eventually stop someones run game & the Fins Oline isn't even close to Bills or Raiders. 4- Kearse has found a place here very quickly & that opens everyone else up to make plays. 5- Powell has good games vs the Fins and McGuire could get some touches in the 2nd half (been a long time since Miami has had to defend a shifty quick Jets back. 6- Oline gained some confidence last week & got the running game going a bit. 7- McCown hasn't made huge mistakes & has been protecting the ball. 8- ASJ returns & with Kearse making plays the middle of the field will be open.

Miamis oline compared to what the Jets have played will be the difference. LBs wont get blocked at the 2nd level on Sunday, Adams & May seem to get better each game & Miami doesn't have BIG WRs like the Raiders with Crabtree/Cooper. Also Ajayi is good, he ain't in beastmodes category. Sorry fellow Jet fans, Tank season goes off course this Sunday. Jets win in a close one with a long drive & a winning FG at the end.

I will be rooting for a Jets win!

14 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

That's true, I honestly think we are looking at a 2-14. Wins against the Jags and an ugly win against the Browns.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

We will win 2 games. It's actually quite difficult to lose 16 straight.

These are 2 teams we do not want to beat. The Saints, and Chargers would be okay. Hopefully the Pats do not lay down.

We don't want to win against competing teams or divisional games. Out of conference is best. 

We will win 2 games. It's actually quite difficult to lose 16 straight.
These are 2 teams we do not want to beat. The Saints, and Chargers would be okay. Hopefully the Pats do not lay down.
We don't want to win against competing teams or divisional games. Out of conference is best. 

Your 100% right when u look at it that way...kinda like taking matters into our own hands choosing which games to win. Wow what a power lol. The Saints are looking really bad. I honestly could see a win. They may even be in the conversation though to be picking top 5 and I don't have any doubt they are thinking about a QB to.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Oh man, I honestly wished I lived in your world of blissful and ignorant optimism. 

Our team is terrible. One of the worst in recent memory. If we win, it's because the turnover God's are hugely in our favor that day. Wouldn't count on it though.

Your overestimating average teams in this league & Miami is an average team. Sure, we're not that good, but players still hit, fumble, Cutlers known for throwing up a few for grabs. Games in this league between average teams & bad teams anything can freaking happen. Strip sack, long lucky TD from McCown to Anderson, its still a game with great athletes out there. Jets haven't given up like last year, much harder to be so sure about a loss. Lets just say I don't know many people that would lay down good money on this game taking Miami in an outright win. This is a stay away game in knockout leagues.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Landry will catch about a dozen against our LBs.  Ajayi will plow over the tiny backer again and again.  Miami 27 - Jets 6

I've got to say that tiny LBer hasn't really gotten run over by anyone but himself and blockers.

That's not to say he's good. He needs to stop running himself out of plays and needs to square up on his blockers, but he has cleaned up his tackling the rare times he's been in position.

I doubt he can do that but no sense in overstating his suck. 

9 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

The weakest link in the Jets defense is the coaching.  Bowles produced good D's as a coordinator, but as a head coach he's come up short.  His best year was year 1 with Rex era leftovers.  I still don't know what Kacy Rodgers brings to the table, either.

I agree that the main issue is coaching rather than talent. We may not be loaded with top players, but what we're seeing is much poorer than just lack of talent.

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

important game to lose this week.. can't be getting all uppity with a week 3 win. season's a long haul - those one or two wins should be saved for later, when we can truly blow our chances at one of the top 2 draft picks.

I'm just hoping Kizer settles down and plays well against us that's probably the most important game of the season when we play the Browns.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jets are beating Miami @ home on Sunday. I know, I know, tanking, blah, blah, blah, but the Raiders are a huge step up from the Dolphins, biggest Oline in the league, weapons all over the place & adding a hungry Lynch, and an up & coming franchise QB.

That punt muff was a HUGE turning point on the road, very difficult to overcome. Here's my reasoning, 1- Fins coming back from the west coast to the east & on the road again. 2- Cutler is a shell of himself, Id be more afraid of Moore to be honest. 3- Jets WILL eventually stop someones run game & the Fins Oline isn't even close to Bills or Raiders. 4- Kearse has found a place here very quickly & that opens everyone else up to make plays. 5- Powell has good games vs the Fins and McGuire could get some touches in the 2nd half (been a long time since Miami has had to defend a shifty quick Jets back. 6- Oline gained some confidence last week & got the running game going a bit. 7- McCown hasn't made huge mistakes & has been protecting the ball. 8- ASJ returns & with Kearse making plays the middle of the field will be open.

Miamis oline compared to what the Jets have played will be the difference. LBs wont get blocked at the 2nd level on Sunday, Adams & May seem to get better each game & Miami doesn't have BIG WRs like the Raiders with Crabtree/Cooper. Also Ajayi is good, he ain't in beastmodes category. Sorry fellow Jet fans, Tank season goes off course this Sunday. Jets win in a close one with a long drive & a winning FG at the end.

i like the optimism.  the doltfins are my second most hated team after the patsies.  the jets usually play them hard even when they are having a down season or decade.

I hate the Dolphins. More than I hate any other team. That being said I think McCown is going to get chased all day and they will be stuffed at the line of scrimmage. Ajai will run wild and time of possession will be a big factor. They may get a garbage time TD but the final will be something like Dolphins 34 Jets 14.

Oh and whomever said the Jets cover late your dreaming. The cardinal rule IS NEVER BET ON THE JETS.

42 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

People need hope, it's what keep them going no matter how faint or unlikely it is.

I want to believe, but I can't.

All Jets fans have skin in the game this year.

Some are hoping for a win this Sunday and every Sunday; the rest hoping for the first pick in the draft and way out of this endless nightmare.

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Crazy that I wanted them to win right. I know. Tell me about it. Nuts.

Wanting them to win has nothing to do with predictions.

Just like wanting Herm Edwards to win a SB as HC of the Jets was fine, but we can still make fun of you for predicting that it would happen all these years later. 

Archived