Crazy stat from Cimini

AFJF

Obvioulsy means nothing in terms of W's and L's, but I'd have bet my house that the Giants had scored more points over the last 7 games w/o hesitation.

When I watch teams like the Giants and Seahawks, I realize the Jets' O-iine situation could be a whole lot worse.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Obvioulsy means nothing in terms of W's and L's, but I'd have bet my house that the Giants had scored more points over the last 7 games w/o hesitation.

When I watch teams like the Giants and Seahawks, I realize the Jets' O-iine situation could be a whole lot worse.

This is all the ammo our FO needs to draft defense for the tenth consecutive 21st round pick.

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

This is all the ammo our FO needs to draft defense for the tenth consecutive 21st round pick.

I can see it now...

Bowles:  Have you seen Cimini's tweet???    Great research.  Offense?  We need an edge rusher or safety.

MACC: Yeah..look. The Giants have a HOF QB and we already outscore them.

Bowles:  Any safeties available?  I liked that Kyle Wilson kid. Someone like him.

MACC:  Ill show this research to Woody and get right on it.  We dont have the final say anyway.

What Cimini fails to mention is the Jets are playing against soft game over prevent defenses late in games getting garbage time points, and put up a boat load on a Bills team that sat every single player who was any good in Week 17 last year padding the point totals while the Giants are in 14-10 dog fights.  Yes the Giants offense should be bashed for their ineptitude, but to use the Jets points scored total as a barometer just isn't fair when you look at the whole picture.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

What Cimini fails to mention is the Jets are playing against soft game over prevent defenses late in games getting garbage time points, and put up a boat load on a Bills team that sat every single player who was any good in Week 17 last year padding the point totals while the Giants are in 14-10 dog fights.  Yes the Giants offense should be bashed for their ineptitude, but to use the Jets points scored total as a barometer just isn't fair when you look at the whole picture.

Why let facts ruin a good story? :)

33 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That sounds like excuse making to me.  we only had 7 garbage time points this past weekend and 1 garbage time TD against Buf.  take those out and we are still better.

if they are in 14-10 dogfights why can't their O score more?  their last 8 games last year the Giants went 6-2.  the games they won they allowed 20, 16, 13, 7, 6, 10.  the games they lost they allowed 24 each time.  Eli stinks, he has been holding this team back, when the D is really good they win, if not they lose.  Eli has incredible weapons at his disposal while we have a seahawks reject as our #1 WR yet we are scoring more.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I can see it now...

Bowles:  Have you seen Cimini's tweet???    Great research.  Offense?  We need an edge rusher or safety.

Bowles:  Any safeties available?  I liked that Kyle Wilson kid. Someone like him.

MACC:  Ill show this research to Woody and get right on it.  We dont have the final say anyway.

Woody: I'm busy having tea with his majesty, I mean her majesty. Can we sign Revis to play safety instead?

Macc: Yes and he only wants $39 guaranteed. I have $80+ mil for this year alone. Can I pay him $39 mil as a signing bonus?

Bowles: Don't be ridiculous. He'll sign for $35mil. 

Macc: Good.  We'll go BPA in draft and draft a DL. "BPA" lol. You want Fitz?

Bowles after wetting his pants: I think I came just thinking about it. He gives us the best chance to win. 

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you seem to be a bigger giant fan than jet fan.

Never.......... but I put a LOT of weight on a Superbowl.. not regular season stats. T  hats why Im not a big CMART guy.

Great JET, until January.

I never question a JETS fan for loving CMART, I get it.  But not for me. 

For that reason..we are the red headed step child to the GIANTS. We are.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

While surprising... Why the last 7 games?  Why not the last 8?  The last 9?  

While the Gmen's offense is definitely slumping, they have a MUCH better chance of dropping a 40 burger on an opposing team than us.  They can trade for a couple of Olinemen from rebuilding teams and compete this year.  Plenty of time for them to get the ball rolling and be clicking by the playoffs.  my $0.02

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

While the Gmen's offense is definitely slumping, they have a MUCH better chance of dropping a 40 burger on an opposing team than us.  They can trade for a couple of Olinemen from rebuilding teams and compete this year.  Plenty of time for them to get the ball rolling and be clicking by the playoffs.  my $0.02

It's your 2 cents, but I wouldn't be so sure. The Giants haven't scored 40 since they lost 52-49 to the Saints in mid-2015.  They haven't broken 30 since McAdoo took over as HC.  Pitiful as the Jets have been, they broke 30 three times in 2016.  

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's your 2 cents, but I wouldn't be so sure. The Giants haven't scored 40 since they lost 52-49 to the Saints in mid-2015.  They haven't broken 30 since McAdoo took over as HC.  Pitiful as the Jets have been, they broke 30 three times in 2016.  

if IF... they can fix their Oline, they have skill players to get it done, imo.  Eli can get hot, we have seen it.  how you play the first 2 games has very little to do with how you play your last 2 games.  I know the stats but when a team is rolling into the playoffs, they dont look back and say, but we only scored 9 pts our first 2 games combined.  if anything that is added motivation.  I just wouldnt be surprised as many here would be if that were to happen.  Everyone and i mean EVERYONE thought coughlin was getting fired midseason the last time they won the SB.  How quickly some forget...

11 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

if IF... they can fix their Oline, they have skill players to get it done, imo.  Eli can get hot, we have seen it.  how you play the first 2 games has very little to do with how you play your last 2 games.  I know the stats but when a team is rolling into the playoffs, they dont look back and say, but we only scored 9 pts our first 2 games combined.  if anything that is added motivation.  I just wouldnt be surprised as many here would be if that were to happen.  Everyone and i mean EVERYONE thought coughlin was getting fired midseason the last time they won the SB.  How quickly some forget...

That's just my point.  They didn't do it last year either. They were 26th in scoring for 2016.  The O hasn't been good since 2015.  I suppose they could swap OCs, but this is not a 2 game phenomenon.  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's just my point.  They didn't do it last year either. They were 26th in scoring for 2016.  The O hasn't been good since 2015.  I suppose they could swap OCs, but this is not a 2 game phenomenon.  

Eli had good #s in 2015 but he was terrible.  he put up a ton of garbage time points and melted late in games throughout the year including against us which gave us a chance to steal that game. Eli hasn't been good in many years and the Giants O has suffered b/c of it despite all the weapons around him.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

my point is last year they beat their biggest rivals and that was about it as far as wins go, last year.  I would rather have that than beat up on scrubs and lose to rivals that are going to the playoffs or are at least contenders. that gives you faith in the organization.  

I dont follow the giants closely so i could be wrong.  Both of my brothers are as big of gints fans as i am a jet fan FMMFL... I blame my mom for buying me a Jets raincoat to wear to kindergarden in NY.  Actually, i have always been a fan of the underdog.  growing up on LI in the 80s i rooted for the Jets, Rangers and Yankees while the Giants, Isles and Mets were winning championships.  

I take that back mom, something is def wrong with me lol

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I can see it now...

Shoot me now.  I would laugh my @$$ off if this wasn't so damn accurate to how our FO thinks.  

Its almost like that guy in your fantasy league that refuses to draft a QB and just picks up a guy on waivers every week and wins.  But instead of drafting WRs and RBs every pick, we draft Safeties and ILBers.  And we lose a hell of a lot more.

59 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Shoot me now.  I would laugh my @$$ off if this wasn't so damn accurate to how our FO thinks.  

Its almost like that guy in your fantasy league that refuses to draft a QB and just picks up a guy on waivers every week and wins.  But instead of drafting WRs and RBs every pick, we draft Safeties and ILBers.  And we lose a hell of a lot more.

We have a young kid at our JETS club in Charlotte, a math major, now working analytics at a bank.

EVERY year he has a draft and is somewhat vocal. I absolutely would turnover the draft to him.

His players by in large have been much better than any GM we've had.

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Actually the Giants haven't scored 30 points... Wait for it... Since 2015. So yeah, they seem extremely unlikely to drop a "40 burger" on anyone.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Stop making excuses.  The Jets have scored more points than the Giants. 

32 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Actually the Giants haven't scored 30 points... Wait for it... Since 2015. So yeah, they seem extremely unlikely to drop a "40 burger" on anyone.

first off, i hate you all for making me defend the giants :P

unlikely, yes. more likely than the jets, yes as well, which was what my point was.  the "statistic" showed us outscoring the gints in the last how ever many games.  to say that our POS offense is better than theirs because of that statistic is BS.  thats the point i was trying to make before you guys turned me into a big blue homer!!!

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

first off, i hate you all for making me defend the giants :P

unlikely, yes. more likely than the jets, yes as well, which was what my point was.  the "statistic" showed us outscoring the gints in the last how ever many games.  to say that our POS offense is better than theirs because of that statistic is BS.  thats the point i was trying to make before you guys turned me into a big blue homer!!!

I mean clearly they have more skill talent, and based on OBJ alone they probably have more "upside." Dude could probably take it to the house twice in a game with the other ten guys twiddling their thumbs.

But it's not exactly a small sample size on the Giants here. Whether the offensive line is truly that bad (likely), Eli is badly declining (likely) or the scheme stinks and the coach is just doing a horrible job (possible) there's a pretty solid amount of evidence the Giants offense is among the worst in the league. I mean, really, it's not like the Cowboys and Lions have lockdown defenses. One week after holding the Gints to 3 points the 'Boys D made Trevor Siemian look like Johnny Unitas out there dropping 4 TD passes on them... That's the defense that held the Giants without a TD?

In this lost tanking season for the Jets one of the small pleasures for me is the Giants completely sucking after being hyped up as Super Bowl contenders, and I have zero guilt enjoying the fact that the Jets "all time bad" offense might actually be better than theirs is.

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean clearly they have more skill talent, and based on OBJ alone they probably have more "upside." Dude could probably take it to the house twice in a game with the other ten guys twiddling their thumbs.

But it's not exactly a small sample size on the Giants here. Whether the offensive line is truly that bad (likely), Eli is badly declining (likely) or the scheme stinks and the coach is just doing a horrible job (possible) there's a pretty solid amount of evidence the Giants offense is among the worst in the league. I mean, really, it's not like the Cowboys and Lions have lockdown defenses. One week after holding the Gints to 3 points the 'Boys D made Trevor Siemian look like Johnny Unitas out there dropping 4 TD passes on them... That's the defense that held the Giants without a TD?

In this lost tanking season for the Jets one of the small pleasures for me is the Giants completely sucking after being hyped up as Super Bowl contenders, and I have zero guilt enjoying the fact that the Jets "all time bad" offense might actually be better than theirs is.

^you contradicted yourself in the same post bub

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

LOL, I outlined how they have great skill talent but a horrible offensive line, terrible QB play and likley bad coaching. Therefore, they can't make the most of a player like OBJ who is often a non-factor despite being an elite talent. What are you unable to comprehend here?

you win, our qb, oline and coaching have us an edge over the giants.  2 thumbs up for you.

image.png

image.png

image.png

55 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

43 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Only if you don't understand the difference between "skill talent" and the offense in general.

that was 6 thumbs up ;)

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We have a young kid at our JETS club in Charlotte, a math major, now working analytics at a bank.

EVERY year he has a draft and is somewhat vocal. I absolutely would turnover the draft to him.

His players by in large have been much better than any GM we've had.

It wouldn't be too hard.  I could pick up a Street & Smith Draft Guide on the way to the draft and do better at finding a QB then we have done over the past 30+ years.  

I know I have more spreadsheets with Jets garbage on them than I am willing to admit, and the more info you collect, the worse it gets.

Archived