3 and 2

Maxman

I had predicted 4 and 1 to start the season, but it looks like it will end up being 3 and 2. The Jets will beat the Dolphins and Jaguars at home. Then they go to Cleveland and beat the Brownies.

The schedule gets insane from there. But 3 and 2 will end the talk about having the first overall pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule it is probably best if they hold off on putting Petty in until after the Patriots game. The Jets will fall to 3 and 3 with that loss. Put Petty in then, although McCown will probably get hurt sooner.

I think the defense starts to show signs of life this week. They have to figure out what they are doing with Lee. People say he is being used wrong, but he can't shed a single block. Play him in space? Yeah there is a lot of space on special teams.

The young receivers need to get more reps as well.

But this winning streak will be nice and I think Bowles rebounds and changes the conversation to the point it isn't a guarantee that he gets fired when the season ends.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami's Jay Cutler is way better QB then anything the Jets have put out there in recent years and they actually have talent at both WR and RB positions... Although it won't be a drubbing like the Raiders... How do the Jets win this game... Hope the Defense can hold ajayi to 80 yards and only 1 TD? What CB is going to stop Parker when cutler throws it 60 yards? What LB is going to stop JT or Landry from coming across the middle on slants?

27-16 Miami wins

Jags actually have a Defense... How do the Jets score... Because they did so well against Buffalo. Again without good middle LBs how do they stop Fournette? Sell out to stop the run and get beat on a quick slant by Hurns... Jags crush the Jets.... 18-3 

Browns defense and QB are better then the Jets... They have better RBs and WRs... So how are the Jets going to beat them... Kizer is a running QB... Historically the Jets cannot stop running QBs... They just can't.  You just have to look at week 1 for a perfect example. ... 10-6 Browns

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I had predicted 4 and 1 to start the season, but it looks like it will end up being 3 and 2. The Jets will beat the Dolphins and Jaguars at home. Then they go to Cleveland and beat the Brownies.

The schedule gets insane from there. But 3 and 2 will end the talk about having the first overall pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule it is probably best if they hold off on putting Petty in until after the Patriots game. The Jets will fall to 3 and 3 with that loss. Put Petty in then, although McCown will probably get hurt sooner.

I think the defense starts to show signs of life this week. They have to figure out what they are doing with Lee. People say he is being used wrong, but he can't shed a single block. Play him in space? Yeah there is a lot of space on special teams.

But this winning streak will be nice and I think Bowles rebounds and changes the conversation to the point it isn't a guarantee that he gets fired when the season ends.

way to keep the horns on our team big guy.  I expect nothing less than a couple of "we can catch a team sleeping on us" later in the season to ensure that we get that #1 pick!!!  

sincerely,

Jet fans in search of a Franchise QB

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

No way. 1-4 at BEST.  If they win a game in this stretch it will be against the Browns IMO.  The Fins and Jags are going to run the ball all day on the Jets. As I said in another thread, I think the Jets are looking real good for a top 2 pick next year if  they get out of week 5 with only 1 win.  We shall see.....

Would be the worst thing that could happen to the Jets.  A 3-0 run here would pretty well insure that the Jets will be between 4-12 & 8-8 for the next 10 years.

So of course it will happen.   In 2025 we'll be talking about that great run we had back in 2017 when we won 3 games in a row. :)

After a couple of losses and watching these QBs play, it's becoming easier to accept losing as many games as possible. The Jets have a chance to change everything, we just need to lose.

It's unfortunate, and if they win - that's fine. But if they lose, it is for the best.

Max, you're delusional...  the Jets will win 3 in a row?!?!?  They will have overachieved if they win 3 games all season.

The Jets defense has no pass rush, the LB core is the worst in the league, have no serviceable corners... and they cant stop the run.

The Jets offense cannot sustain drives if anything goes wrong;  a missed blocking assignment, holding penalty, illegal shift, dropped pass, inaccurate throw... One thing goes wrong and they are likely punting.

They cannot win games when Bowles makes terrible game management decisions, a weekly occurrence... they cannot win games with special teams meltdowns.

They have no margin for error. 

Unless the Jets somehow beat Miami, they will be an underdog in the games against Cleveland and Jacksonville.

I think they are an underdog in every game this season. 

9 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

After a couple of losses and watching these QBs play, it's becoming easier to accept losing as many games as possible. The Jets have a chance to change everything, we just need to lose.

It's unfortunate, and if they win - that's fine. But if they lose, it is for the best.

Atta boy... nice to see you coming around to reality.

39 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Max, you're delusional...  the Jets will win 3 in a row?!?!?  They will have overachieved if they win 3 games all season.

The Jets defense has no pass rush, the LB core is the worst in the league, have no serviceable corners... and they cant stop the run.

The Jets offense cannot sustain drives if anything goes wrong;  a missed blocking assignment, holding penalty, illegal shift, dropped pass, inaccurate throw... One thing goes wrong and they are likely punting.

They cannot win games when Bowles makes terrible game management decisions, a weekly occurrence... they cannot win games with special teams meltdowns.

They have no margin for error. 

Unless the Jets somehow beat Miami, they will be an underdog in the games against Cleveland and Jacksonville.

I think they are an underdog in every game this season. 

I stopped reading at the bolded part.

Because I am delusional but there is no reason for you to point it out. :)

What nobody seems to have drawn attention to is for all the help Jermaine Kearse gives to the passing game, we have obviously lost something on the

defensive line with trading Sheldon Richardson away. Our vaulted run defense suffered first with the Snacks defection a year ago and now with 

Richardson's exit. Wilkinson remains invisible and Leonard Williams looks mortal.

The Jets will score this season because we have an okay O line, we have 1 & 1/2 functional recievers, a TE and a much traveled QB who can still throw the ball.

On the other side of the ball we have  two promising safeties, one functional if fragile corner back but ineffective linebackers and no nose tackle.  

We will get a few wins if the O line stays healthy but teams will score on the Jets unless there is some magical transformation or animal sacrifice at Florham Park.

The repeated whiffs on draft day have left enough holes to ensure that we will be top five in the draft if not top three.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I thought the reason they drafted Lee was to play him on the outside to rush the passer and cover RB's out of the backfield. No idea why Bowles insists on the playing him inside

Jets fans  grossly exaggerate how bad the team is.  I expect them to win a couple games soon.

The Bills held Cam and the Panthers to less points than the Jets scored on them and the game in Oakland was close until the end of the 3rd 1/4.

That doesn't excuse Bowles and Rogers though who both have been pretty terrible the last couple years.  Too much talent on this D for 0 sacks and close to 200 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row.  

boy, they really have to make some serious attitude and scheme adjustments on defense to beat the doltfins.  they have had two weeks of being run over and run through.  they haven't taken any part of the opposing team offenses away and they certainly haven't scored enough to pressure the other team into taking risks.

i hope they can turn things around but , at this point, i'm not very optimistic.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Jets fans  grossly exaggerate how bad the team is.  I expect them to win a couple games soon.

The Bills held Cam and the Panthers to less points than the Jets scored on them and the game in Oakland was close until the end of the 3rd 1/4.

That doesn't excuse Bowles and Rogers though who both have been pretty terrible the last couple years.  Too much talent on this D for 0 sacks and close to 200 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row.  

i don't think the jets fans are misjudging the team.  what they do do is misjudge the talent level of the players.  imo just about every nfl team has the same level of talent.  the successful ones take that talent and turn it into a team.

Archived