3 and 2

Maxman

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

that's just one player albeit the most important one.  the point is looking at the entire roster.  each team has players that fit their particular schemes.  the current jets players have good talent.  what they don't have is the coaching to play as a team.

Wow. Must strongly disagree here.

In my +30 years of watching football, this is the among the worst rosters I've ever seen. Not exaggerating. We have exactly TWO above average players. Leo and Carpenter. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2017 at 3:25 PM, Pac said:

Jets fans  grossly exaggerate how bad the team is.  I expect them to win a couple games soon.

The Bills held Cam and the Panthers to less points than the Jets scored on them and the game in Oakland was close until the end of the 3rd 1/4.

That doesn't excuse Bowles and Rogers though who both have been pretty terrible the last couple years.  Too much talent on this D for 0 sacks and close to 200 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row.  

I was at this game. There was not a Panther fan who left that game thinking the Panthers are a good team right now.  Cam is the master of short drop back and take the sack

10 hours ago, gEYno said:

I don't even know if your joking with this list but I don't think you are and that's scary.

i'm sure you said the said about the 96 jets before parcells came to town.  or even the 2006 team before mangini. in both cases roughly the same personnel from year to year went from a losing record to a winning record. so while you think the current players are below par with the right coaching or even a change in coaching you will see a whole different team. i stand by my list. 

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'm sure you said the said about the 96 jets before parcells came to town.  or even the 2006 team before mangini. in both cases roughly the same personnel from year to year went from a losing record to a winning record. so while you think the current players are below par with the right coaching or even a change in coaching you will see a whole different team. i stand by my list. 

I'm sure some said that about the 2014 Jets before Todd Bowles took them to 10-6 too...

Ignoring the offensive linemen, your list of players who would start on at least half the teams in the league includes one OLB who doesn't actually sack the QB and who's combine athletic measurables were very low for the position, a rookie safety who hasn't shown anything at this point, a TE who has 10 catches as a Jet and going into his 4th season has 55 total catches and who recently was discarded by a non-playoff team, a CB who has had significant injuries and after literally his best season the team that drafted him decided they didn't want him anymore, a running back who's a local favorite but isn't actually even a starter on the Jets, a CB who isn't even a starter on his own team and hasn't shown signs that he's any good at all, a WR just dumped by another team where he couldn't make the starting line-up as part of a throw-in to a trade for one of our only NFL caliber players, a patriots cap casualty who's now on his 3rd team in 4 years, another OLB who's on his 3rd team in his young career and has only been a starter this season.  

Your list is about as homerific as it gets, you might as well have just listed every Jets player.

But hey, it's all Bowles fault.

5 hours ago, gEYno said:

I'm sure some said that about the 2014 Jets before Todd Bowles took them to 10-6 too...

Ignoring the offensive linemen, your list of players who would start on at least half the teams in the league includes one OLB who doesn't actually sack the QB and who's combine athletic measurables were very low for the position, a rookie safety who hasn't shown anything at this point, a TE who has 10 catches as a Jet and going into his 4th season has 55 total catches and who recently was discarded by a non-playoff team, a CB who has had significant injuries and after literally his best season the team that drafted him decided they didn't want him anymore, a running back who's a local favorite but isn't actually even a starter on the Jets, a CB who isn't even a starter on his own team and hasn't shown signs that he's any good at all, a WR just dumped by another team where he couldn't make the starting line-up as part of a throw-in to a trade for one of our only NFL caliber players, a patriots cap casualty who's now on his 3rd team in 4 years, another OLB who's on his 3rd team in his young career and has only been a starter this season.  

Your list is about as homerific as it gets, you might as well have just listed every Jets player.

But hey, it's all Bowles fault.

i guess you just don't understand how teams work. you can't judge a player's value so much in the nfl to other teams because of the restrictions put on by the cba for player movement.  also, since it is a team game and the goal is for the team to be better than any particular part individual players will not get valued highly.  you should know this.  and successful teams have better players because the team makes them better.  that's why if you take a great player from one team and trade him he most likely will not achieve the same level of greatness with his new team.  about the only position where there doesn't come into play is qb.

On 9/20/2017 at 11:55 AM, The Crusher said:

With the improvements on both sides of the ball this team is ready to make a run against lesser opponents. I wouldn't want to play this team right now.... Eye of the tiger and sh*t.

They are geared up, and ready for success.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:57 AM, dbatesman said:

Hi guys, dbatesman's wife here. Unfortunately dbatesman died this morning. I found him facedown on his keyboard with a big smile on his face and this post on the screen. The doctor says he died of laughter

Whats harder to believe that the Jets win this game or dbatesman has a wife?

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, Maxman said:

I had predicted 4 and 1 to start the season, but it looks like it will end up being 3 and 2. The Jets will beat the Dolphins and Jaguars at home. Then they go to Cleveland and beat the Brownies.

The schedule gets insane from there. But 3 and 2 will end the talk about having the first overall pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule it is probably best if they hold off on putting Petty in until after the Patriots game. The Jets will fall to 3 and 3 with that loss. Put Petty in then, although McCown will probably get hurt sooner.

I think the defense starts to show signs of life this week. They have to figure out what they are doing with Lee. People say he is being used wrong, but he can't shed a single block. Play him in space? Yeah there is a lot of space on special teams.

The young receivers need to get more reps as well.

But this winning streak will be nice and I think Bowles rebounds and changes the conversation to the point it isn't a guarantee that he gets fired when the season ends.

UH,  not even close my dear leader.

On 9/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm no....

For example, no team in the NFL would currently have McCown as their starting QB other than the Jets...

No One.....

The press loves these washed up, talkative, vet QBs.  This guy has won 2 games the last 19 starts--mostly with better teams

On 9/20/2017 at 11:45 AM, Maxman said:

I had predicted 4 and 1 to start the season, but it looks like it will end up being 3 and 2. The Jets will beat the Dolphins and Jaguars at home. Then they go to Cleveland and beat the Brownies.

The schedule gets insane from there. But 3 and 2 will end the talk about having the first overall pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule it is probably best if they hold off on putting Petty in until after the Patriots game. The Jets will fall to 3 and 3 with that loss. Put Petty in then, although McCown will probably get hurt sooner.

I think the defense starts to show signs of life this week. They have to figure out what they are doing with Lee. People say he is being used wrong, but he can't shed a single block. Play him in space? Yeah there is a lot of space on special teams.

The young receivers need to get more reps as well.

But this winning streak will be nice and I think Bowles rebounds and changes the conversation to the point it isn't a guarantee that he gets fired when the season ends.

3 and 2, they are on their way.

Sorry, I know I originally predicted 4 and 1 (and was laughed at all offseason) but I didn't know they were going to fumble a punt that led to a Bills TD.

Anyhow, they are one the way to 3 and 2, it is nice to see them rebound after a tough opening schedule. Once we get to 3 and 2 I will start posting playoff scenarios on the regular.

Archived