Jimmy Garoppollo

Adoni Beast

If you haven't noticed, the number one factor determining where players go is $.  Its not where his heart and sensitivity tells him, its where his agent says the bucks are. Period.

I dont want him anyway. And we will be right at the top the draft to grab a QB anyway, not worried about that

Belechik time and time again trades very good players a year before they ask for big money for good draft picks...almost like a rule. He always wants to get something out of a player and if he's not going to pay him big money to stay. Garapolo would have given him incredible picks and is on his last year. What does that tell you. Breaking his own rule he is holding onto Garapolo because he will be there starter next year. He excels in their system. He's not going to be 41 next year. This playing till 45-50 is such BS it's crazy. Belechik knows Bradys play could deteriorate any day just like that. The Pats loaded up on free agents and spent a lot of money in FA....they never do this. EVER. They are making one big push to get that SB to give them 6 and have Brady walk off into the sunset the greatest of all time. Hell maybe even Belechik does to and hands the reigns over to the OC. A lot of hypotheticals and maybes but I could see them playing out with what's going on there.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm going to be shocked if he's not Franchised by the Pats. 

They are going to have to see what Brady has left.  They have to make a decision.  NO team, I don't care who it is, can afford that much at one position.

Brady is making $22 million next year, with $14 million in dead money. 

The franchise tag for Garropolo will cost as much if not more than that.  That would be over $45 million for one position, and one of those guys will ride the pine in earning it.

It COULD be possible if they win one more, Brady walks off into the sunset, and hands the keys to Garropolo, and for one year, they just eat Brady's contract.  We shall see.

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

They are going to have to see what Brady has left.  They have to make a decision.  NO team, I don't care who it is, can afford that much at one position.

Brady is making $22 million next year, with $14 million in dead money. 

The franchise tag for Garropolo will cost as much if not more than that.  That would be over $45 million for one position, and one of those guys will ride the pine in earning it.

It COULD be possible if they win one more, Brady walks off into the sunset, and hands the keys to Garropolo, and for one year, they just eat Brady's contract.  We shall see.

I think Belichick missed the boat on trading for Garropolo last year and even he knows it now.  This year's QB draft class is too deep

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm just not buying the Brady playing till he's 50 BS, they need someone soon and I think they will make the break from Brady in next two years.

So would you root for Brady playing for the Jets?  Because that is actually a more likely scenario

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm just not buying the Brady playing till he's 50 BS, they need someone soon and I think they will make the break from Brady in next two years.

OK. So you either have to sign Jimmy to an extended contract now or franchise him for the next two years until you are ready to trade Brady to the brown for their next 7 #1 picks.

• 1 month later...

Anyone still interested in Garropolo, the 49ers might still try and trade him away.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21296578/san-francisco-49ers-not-sign-qb-jimmy-garoppolo-long-term-deal

"The San Francisco 49ers traded a second-round pick Monday night to the New England Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo, but that doesn't mean they will definitely enter into a long-term partnership.

With a potential pick among the top two in the 2018 NFL draft and roughly $60 million in salary-cap space in the offseason, the 49ers ultimately could decide to draft their quarterback of the future or use some of their money to sign a free-agent quarterback such as Washington's Kirk Cousins, sources said.

If the 49ers decide to not sign Garoppolo to a long-term deal, they could use a franchise tag on him and then dangle him to the highest bidder in a trade. If they were to do that, there would be interest, sources said, and they could possibly get back more than the second-round pick they surrendered."

This could turn out to be a nice move on their part. Trade a 2nd away for him. End up drafting Darnold or Rosen, and trading Jimmy for a 1st.

Or they sign Cousins, trade down Jimmy for a first, trade down from their #1 or #2 pick and really stock up.

51 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Anyone still interested in Garropolo, the 49ers might still try and trade him away.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21296578/san-francisco-49ers-not-sign-qb-jimmy-garoppolo-long-term-deal

"The San Francisco 49ers traded a second-round pick Monday night to the New England Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo, but that doesn't mean they will definitely enter into a long-term partnership.

With a potential pick among the top two in the 2018 NFL draft and roughly $60 million in salary-cap space in the offseason, the 49ers ultimately could decide to draft their quarterback of the future or use some of their money to sign a free-agent quarterback such as Washington's Kirk Cousins, sources said.

If the 49ers decide to not sign Garoppolo to a long-term deal, they could use a franchise tag on him and then dangle him to the highest bidder in a trade. If they were to do that, there would be interest, sources said, and they could possibly get back more than the second-round pick they surrendered."

This could turn out to be a nice move on their part. Trade a 2nd away for him. End up drafting Darnold or Rosen, and trading Jimmy for a 1st.

Or they sign Cousins, trade down Jimmy for a first, trade down from their #1 or #2 pick and really stock up.

They are sitting pretty. Lynch has been doing a very good job so far.

18 hours ago, section314 said:

They are sitting pretty. Lynch has been doing a very good job so far.

Can you imagine they have a backdoor agreement with Cousins? They get Jimmy as an insurance policy, because things happen.

But, if they sign Cousins, and turn Jimmy for a 1st or a 1st +, and trade down? Thats a chess move the likes of which this hasn't seen since Jimmy Johnson's Hershel Walker move.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Can you imagine they have a backdoor agreement with Cousins? They get Jimmy as an insurance policy, because things happen.

But, if they sign Cousins, and turn Jimmy for a 1st or a 1st +, and trade down? Thats a chess move the likes of which this hasn't seen since Jimmy Johnson's Hershel Walker move.

Maybe they could actually play old Jimmy G before we give him the JJ award.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Question for the board what would it take for the Jets to sign Jimmy Garrapolo in free agency if the 49ers tag him. 

Discuss 

We'd need to give them 2 first round picks to sign him away plus the largest QB contract in NFL history. I'd probably do it, Jimmy G looks so legit. If that was the thought I'd trade our top 10 pick for the latest 1st we could get and try to recoup draft picks. Then sign him away so the 1st we lose isn't a top 10 pick.

3 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Lot of hate with Jimmy G.... what happened? Guy is a stud and SF made a great trade.... if I remember many on this site called it stupid in another thread? You can tell he has the goods 

Lol he shut up everyone from September didn’t he? It’s fun to look back at these. We are actually clueless ass fans who think we know something..sometimes we do...most the time we really don’t.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Mike Maccagnan pulls this off this would be epic and totally screw Bill Belechick and the Patriots. Jimmy G is the real deal.

Honestly I could see the Patriots cutting Brady and trading the picks for Jimmy G, they already have a high 2nd rounder so it won't hurt them much.

Archived