Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Chris Johnson, not Woody, will decide the fate of Bowles and Maccagnan at the end of the year

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Just now, MDL_JET said:

Sweet! Not sure where that'll get us. But Woody totally out of the picture has to be a good thing right?

We can only hope.  Maybe Chrissy is better.  His bloodlines do not instill a whole lot of confidence.  His dad failed at J&J and was booted out by his granddad.  His big brother fails spectacularly as the owner/CEO of the Jets.  I think I read that the rest of his family fell victim to Darwinism.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How many teams have the owner pick the coach rather than the GM?  I'd much rather the owner hire/fire the GM but let the GM pick his own coach.

This GM????

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Yes.  He will be consulting the brothers of Ron Wolf and Charlie Casserly for hiring advice this off season

lmao, if only this wasnt so ******* easy to believe at this point!!!

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is good news. Woody has consistently made the wrong decisions. About time someone else makes the decisions. Can't get any worse.

know what, I said that about a few situations and know what?  They did  :D

obvious poppycock.

those sneaky johnsons just want us to think Woodrow is spending 100% of his time and energy giving tours of Big Ben or whatever the hell he's doing across the pond.

I'm willing to give this guy a chance but I just feel that with Woody off in England this would've been the perfect opportunity to bring in a "Football czar" type?  Woody could've played it off that with him in England he needs someone to run the day to day and was bringing in an industry vet like a Tom Coughlin type to run the show.  Bringing in his brother just seems like such a Woody thing to do.  

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I guess the bright side to this is he didn't say that the two were safe no matter what this year.

But he did say that Mac is an excellent talent evaluator; that he loves the way Bowles interacts with the team; that a plan is in place; and Mac and Bowles will be evaluated based on progress rather than wins and losses.  Hard to imagine a scenario which would result in CJ (that's what I've decided to call him) firing anyone.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Sweet! Not sure where that'll get us. But Woody totally out of the picture has to be a good thing right?

The bloodlines aren't too good tho

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

But he did say that Mac is an excellent talent evaluator; that he loves the way Bowles interacts with the team; that a plan is in place; and Mac and Bowles will be evaluated based on progress rather than wins and losses.  Hard to imagine a scenario which would result in CJ (that's what I've decided to call him) firing anyone.

The scenario that would result in Bowles firing is a continuation of the lack of passion the team has exhibited the first 2 weeks.  There is too much talent on D to be outperformed by what was supposed to be a "historically bad" offense.

I think Macc is fine and should be allowed to choose his own coach once Bowles is fired.