ASJ out of shape, may not be active this week

Gas2No99

Jets coach Todd Bowles said it's too early to tell if TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins will be active this week.

Seferian-Jenkins is eligible to return from suspension, but is reportedly out of shape after his two-week layoff. With Jordan Leggett and Eric Tomlinson dealing with injuries, the Jets may be forced to play him despite his conditioning. Seferian-Jenkins looks likely to be on a snap count if active. He should be avoided as a Week 3 streamer. Source: ESPN New York  Sep 20 - 6:10 PM       Jets coach Todd Bowles said TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins has "got to get in a little better shape. That's to be expected with two weeks off, but he'll get going." Bowles said it's too early to say for sure that Seferian-Jenkins will be active on Sunday against the Dolphins. It would be a surprise if he's not. The Jets have four other tight ends on the roster, but three are dealing with injuries. Seferian-Jenkins is eligible to return from a two-game suspension.     Saturday is the one-year anniversary of Austin Seferian-Jenkins' DUI arrest while playing for Tampa Bay. The Jets' tight end, coming off a two-game suspension stemming from the arrest, says he has gone 242 days without alcohol. He hopes his story can serve as an example to others.  

In in recovery. I'm in the best shape of my life. I've turned the corner. Right.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Bowles comments make no sense unless he is trying to bait the Fish to thinking they will have no TEs for the game. He's either really smart or really stupid.

Well, he's not really smart, so...

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He's doing his Parcells impression. Like when Parcells used to say to LT, "Hey, you fat junkie." It's really what made LT great.

Thank you.  I love that there are people that actually believe that Parcells made LT.  Now when they use google for references they will see this quote.  Kudos. 

3 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Bowles comments make no sense unless he is trying to bait the Fish to thinking they will have no TEs for the game. He's either really smart or really stupid.

It's inconceivable to think that ASJ who has renewed vision for his life and the game would just sit on his ass for 2 weeks and do absolutely nothing

100% agree  If Bowles sits ASJ this week, its just a further indictment of how clueless he really is with personnel.  

We have been playing will tye and someone named eric tomlinson at TE - I dont care how in or out of game shape ASJ is, he needs to start and play every snap that he is physically able to.

As an aside - where is Jordan Legget, how bad is his injury?  Not a good start to his career sitting out his best opportunity to get real game reps

11 hours ago, Pac said:

It was a mild dig and in line with how Bowles typically talks about players. 

The only ones I've ever seen him publicly praise are Adams and to a lesser extent Mayes. 

I think what he's doing is fairly obvious. 

He slobbered all over Richardson when Macc traded him.  Talked about how they would be tight friends long after their careers were done.

3 hours ago, MaxAF said:

It's inconceivable to think that ASJ who has renewed vision for his life and the game would just sit on his ass for 2 weeks and do absolutely nothing

I know which way I'm voting on this.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is me, doing my Parcells impression, to you: "delete your account, Fockboy McHomerballs."

This outrageous attack has been added to the file I'm keeping that shows your constant attempts at cyber bullying.

When the time is right I'll submit my evidence to the Crusher and laugh manically when you're excommunicado for good.  

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I didn't realize you were speaking about Importing, exporting, I thought you were talking about "in line with how Bowles typically talks about players."

My mistake 

so the 1 time he talks about a guy no longer on his team outweighs the couple hundred press conferences where he doesn't praise players?  

36 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

What are you? a 12 year old girl?!?!?!? Cyber bullying on a Jets Fan Forum that consists of mostly of bitter middle-aged men and social-media obsessed  testosterone-driven adolescents who see their society through a phone? This is THE PLACE to break balls and have them broken. REPEATEDLY.

Cyber Bullying is a FARCE only applicable to idiots and pu$$ies born after 1997 who can't discern the virtual world from the functioning Real World.:rolleyes:

Dear Mensa,

I don't think I could have possibly made it any clearer that I was joking. 

I didn't think I'd have to insert a banana emoticon as a signal that it wasn't to be taken seriously.  

Please accept this as a gesture of good faith:

:Banane43:

Sincerely,

Pac

50 minutes ago, Pac said:

Dear Mensa,

I didn't think I'd have to insert a banana emoticon as a signal that it wasn't to be taken seriously.  

Sincerely,

Pac

This outrageous attack on Gas2No has been added to the file I'm keeping that shows your constant attempts at cyber bullying.

19 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets coach Todd Bowles said TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins has "got to get in a little better shape. That's to be expected with two weeks off, but he'll get going."

This says so much to me about how little control Bowles has over his players, and how undisciplined and uncaring so much of the roster playing for him is.

Just now, Warfish said:

This says so much to me about how little control Bowles has over his players, and how undisciplined and uncaring so much of the roster playing for him is.

As well as what a complete tool ASJ is.  One of those players who will never get it.  You get a second and third chance to redeem yourself and what do you do?  Work hard?  Stay in shape?  Nah, get fat and slow.  Dick.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seriously, are the Jets not even able to communicate with a guy while on suspension? Its pretty f*cking simple. "we gave you a mulligan, don't be a f*cking moron or we'll cut your azz faster than running backs cut through our buttery defense".

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As well as what a complete tool ASJ is.  One of those players who will never get it.  You get a second and third chance to redeem yourself and what do you do?  Work hard?  Stay in shape?  Nah, get fat and slow.  Dick.

LOL

C'mon, you don't get fat and slow in 2 weeks.  Bowles probably just forgot who he is.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Seriously, are the Jets not even able to communicate with a guy while on suspension? Its pretty f*cking simple. "we gave you a mulligan, don't be a f*cking moron or we'll cut your azz faster than running backs cut through our buttery defense".

He's allowed to work out, attend the meetings etc.  He just can't practice or play with the team.  This borders on silly

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Dear Mensa,

Sincerely,

Pac

You merely gave me a small window to just randomly spout off on society. The beauty of the Internet is that there's no real rhyme or reason to its discourse, merely opportunity for comedy and ranting. :D

18 hours ago, Pac said:

Bowles is doing his impression of Parcells.

Slight dig in the media to motivate the player while being coy about his expectations.

Of course he didn't get out of shape in 2 weeks and of course he's going to play Sunday.  ASJ returning is a pretty big deal and I expect him and McCown to have good chemistry while Josh plays.

I actually appreciate this little display of gamesmanship.

you really think we're getting gamesmanship from a guy that's as sharp as a bowling ball??

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is 243 days into a new lifestyle -- and ready to play

636370877869850388-072917-FLORHAM-PARK-J

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The worst day was Sept. 23, 2016.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins was arrested for DUI and got fired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If that wasn't bad enough, it became a full-blown embarrassment when the police dashcam video emerged, showing an apparently drunk Seferian-Jenkins making crude comments in the back seat of the police car.

Saturday is the one-year anniversary of rock bottom. The next day, Seferian-Jenkins 2.0 is expected to make his season debut for the New York Jets, who play the Miami Dolphins in their home opener.

After serving a two-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, Seferian-Jenkins is ready to begin anew, thankful he still has the opportunity. He acknowledged a drinking problem in the offseason, attended rehab sessions and went public with his battle. He said he has gone 243 days without a drink.

"I'm fortunate to be standing before y'all, being able to play football with a clear head and a clear mind, a good perspective and healthy," he said Wednesday. "I really appreciate the opportunity to be here because I know how easily it can be taken away from you and how fragile life is. I know a lot of things are in life and everything can change in a split second. It's really a blessing to be standing here."

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0530%2Fr214032_1

Austin Seferian-Jenkins, who is expected to make his season debut for the Jets on Sunday, says he feels fortunate to be playing football again "with a clear head and a clear mind." George Gojkovich/Getty Images

Seferian-Jenkins, claimed on waivers after his release from the Bucs, let his weight balloon to about 290 pounds last season. In the offseason, he moved in with his agent in Las Vegas and trained dawn to dusk, dropping 30-plus pounds in the process.

Oh, the irony. Some people lose their way when they go to Vegas. Seferian-Jenkins rediscovered himself. Now he'd like to serve as an example to others.

"If someone can learn from what I've done, I'd love that," he said. "If I can ever help someone in my situation or a similar situation, I'd love to be there for them. I know how it is. I know how lonely it is. I know how tough it is and how easy it is not to talk about it, and how easy it is to ignore and not face it head-on.

"Example? You can call it that. I just want to be a friend to somebody who needs the help."

Coach Todd Bowles wouldn't say Seferian-Jenkins will be active on Sunday, but it's trending in that direction. Unlike past years, the Jets would like to utilize the tight end in their passing attack. After two games, the tight ends have only seven catches.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

"got to get in a little better shape. That's to be expected with two weeks off, but he'll get going."

i'm outraged

It's statements like this that really sicken and disgust me, only cements how stupid and dumb these guys are. God it makes me so angry might explode! 

Archived