We better effing lose every game

nico002

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I’ve never rooted for the jets to lose, but Sam Darnold is that good.

I’ve reached the point where winning would seriously just piss me off.

its bizarre, im actually EXCITED to see if we’ll lose tomorrow.

suck for Sam baby!!

I got to that point right after I watched the Bills kill us.. and USC stun Texas. So yes! SUCK FOR SAM.

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am not sure he is the best of the bunch. Luke Falk is looking awfully good....5 TD's today...

Come on man... you don't seriously think Falk will be a better pro than Rosen or Darnold do you? You'd waste the first pick like that on Falk knowing you have Sam/Josh staring you right in the face lol?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Come on man... you don't seriously think Falk will be a better pro than Rosen or Darnold do you? You'd waste the first pick like that on Fall knowing you have Sam/Josh staring you right in the face lol?

I am not being paid to make those calls just pointing out that we should pick best available...and that may not be Darnold. BTW i think Falk would be pretty bad ass in a west coast system.

21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

suck for Sam baby!!

My rationale is 4 months of indifferent football for obsessing over this team every week, very game for the next 15 years.  The only know on Darnold is his wind up.  Well Goff improved his delivery from .49 seconds to .35 seconds in his first year of pro coaching.  Darnold was able to improve his from .45 to .39 already.

While there are several options at QB this year, Darnold and Rosen both appear to be head and shoulders better than any QB prospects in a while.

16 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I am not being paid to make those calls just pointing out that we should pick best available...and that may not be Darnold. BTW i think Falk would be pretty bad ass in a west coast system.

I've been watching Falk a bit this year.  But he was bench d a couple of weeks ago because they were getting blown out and his back up brought the team back to win.  Not saying he won't be a starting QB in the NFL, but the offensive system could be at least a small portion of the reason for his success.

You guys need to stop looking at stats and start watching games.

Things Darnold does:

- has a big, almost Big Ben like frame as a sophmore

- incredible pocket awareness and movement, keeps eyes downfield while evading the rush with subtle movements in the pocket

- goes through every progression and keeps eyes downfield 

- extremely accurate in short medium and long throws

- elevates his game in crunch time 

the guy seriously reminds me of a Big Ben/Rodgers hybrid. He’s the best college QB I’ve ever seen play. 

13 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You guys need to stop looking at stats and start watching games.

Things Darnold does:

- has a big, almost Big Ben like frame as a sophmore

- incredible pocket awareness and movement, keeps eyes downfield while evading the rush with subtle movements in the pocket

- goes through every progression and keeps eyes downfield 

- extremely accurate in short medium and long throws

- elevates his game in crunch time 

the guy seriously reminds me of a Big Ben/Rodgers hybrid. He’s the best college QB I’ve ever seen play. 

He's not here. There's room for big improvement in his game here. Longer tosses are giving him issues this year.

As for the OP I agree, but I'm on the Rosen train. I'm not completely sold on Darnold.

Of the two I prefer Darnold but I am not sold on him coming out. The guy is only a sophomore after all and you never what he will do with eligibility left. I'm not saying he's better but I love Mayfields game. The guy is tough physically and mentally and could handle playing QB in NY. If Darnold stays I take a hard look at Mayfield but not with the 1st pick.

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Of the two I prefer Darnold but I am not sold on him coming out. The guy is only a sophomore after all and you never what he will do with eligibility left. I'm not saying he's better but I love Mayfields game. The guy is tough physically and mentally and could handle playing QB in NY. If Darnold stays I take a hard look at Mayfield but not with the 1st pick.

Why in God’s name would Darnold stay if he was projected to go #1?

he a sophomore, staying another year doesn’t even get him a degree. Guy doesn’t come form a wealthy family, money matters.

He’s coming out.

58 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Come on man... you don't seriously think Falk will be a better pro than Rosen or Darnold do you? You'd waste the first pick like that on Falk knowing you have Sam/Josh staring you right in the face lol?

My biggest nightmare is that McCagnan is in a position to draft Darnold or Rosen and he decides to go all Hackenberg on us - draft DL or defensive back and use the second round to pick one of the other 'talented' qb's that no one else appreciates other than his great football mind.

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

My biggest cnightmare is that McCagnan is in a position to draft Darnold or Rosen and he decides to go all Hackenberg on us - draft DL or defensive back and use the second round to pick one of the other 'talented' qb's that no one else appreciates other than his great football mind.

I don't think Macc passes on Darnold if we have the first pick. Macc isn't stupid. He knows like everyone else that this kid is beyond anything we have really witnessed on the college level. He's a scout first. And when you see someone with skills that transcend to the pro level so easy and effortlessly from the first day he took over as starter...you don't pass.

29 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Why in God’s name would Darnold stay if he was projected to go #1?

he a sophomore, staying another year doesn’t even get him a degree. Guy doesn’t come form a wealthy family, money matters.

He’s coming out.

You hope he is you don't know it. No one can say for sure until he actually does it.

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You hope he is you don't know it. No one can say for sure until he actually does it.

Lol, nothing on earth is known until it actually happens, but arguing that there is a strong chance Darnold doesn’t declare is fear mongoring. It would be a total shock upset if he didn’t.

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Lol, nothing on earth is known until it actually happens, but arguing that there is a strong chance Darnold doesn’t declare is fear mongoring. It would be a total shock upset if he didn’t.

He isn’t has no reason too . Unless he gets hurts or completely bombs the season.  All that staying school stuff is just smoke .. 

If you really think about it "winning" a true franchise top 5 QB in the league for 15 years is better than even a Superbowl. Only casual fans who don't care that much are rooting for wins. No die hard fan in their right mind wants this team to beat the Dolphins. Plus you get the bonus of Bowles being fired if they go 0-16 Yay!!

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

He's not going to stay when he could be the number one pick unless his dad is Archie Manning. 

Even he learned that he should just say he's not playing for the team that drafts him...That I'm afraid could be a possibility.

If that's the case then we should find out what he wants and give it to him.

Fire whoever he wants and let him have input and okay our choices if we have to. 

11 hours ago, nico002 said:

suck for Sam baby!!

Agreed...  watched the game.  This kid has poise and the IT factor. In NY....  he would be HUGE!

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

He's not going to stay when he could be the number one pick unless his dad is Archie Manning. 

Even he learned that he should just say he's not playing for the team that drafts him...That I'm afraid could be a possibility.

Fire whoever he wants and let him have input and okay our choices if we have to. 

How sad that the JETS have become one of those teams if not THE team that players dont want to play for.

Thanks Woody.

9 hours ago, nico002 said:

Don't put word's in my mouth. I never said there was a strong chance just that you can't be sure. Fear mongering? LOL. Are you serious? If you have some irrational fear over who might or might not declare for the NFL draft maybe you need to find a safe space. My point is nothing is guaranteed. The Jets as bad as they are are not guaranteed the 1st pick are they? It certainly looks that way but you can't be sure right? Even if they do get that pick you still will have Macc making it. You never know what lurks in the mind of a moron. Sorry but I have lived through too much with this team and their abysmal draft pick history to be assured of anything. I will not believe it until I see Darnold on that stage wearing a Jet jersey. Until then its all just speculation.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

How sad that the JETS have become one of those teams if not THE team that players dont want to play for.

Thanks Woody.

It can be fixed. I like Chris and I hope he does what it takes. 

1st pick in a generational QB draft and flush with cash we can turn this franchise around quickly...can. 

Come on Chris. Put your brother to shame and Wally Pip the SOB. Shame him into giving up control for good. Fortune favors the bold. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes I agree with this. The sorry state of this franchise at this time could be a contributing factor. I don't agree with him picking his own coach though. The reasoning behind that is that no NFL owner would give a rookie that kind of power even that Momser Johnson. The vets would revolt and it would become a huge mess. Can you imagine the bacKlash? The media would crucify him before he played a down. No. That would be a huge mess.

Archived