We better effing lose every game

nico002

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That’s because most of the time you can’t even follow your own logic. 

I root for the Jets and I want them to get a franchise QB.  Man, so hard to keep up.

33 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cool. Maybe write a strongly worded article about how you can do both with lots of sourced material from other sources and not your own. 

LOL... still salty about how you looked after that silly Robbie Anderson situaton?  

Move on, it happens to the best of us. 

We all know the Jets are gonna screw the pooch and win just enough games to knock themselves out of a top 3 pick.  If that happens, they STILL have to go all in to ensure they get one of the top QB's in the draft, even it if means overpaying to trade up to get one.  This franchise has twiddled their thumbs long enough.  It's time to be as aggressive as they can to try and land their franchise QB. If the Jets don't end up picking either the consensus #1 or 2 QB prospect in the 2018 draft, it will be an epic failure which will set the franchise years further back than they already are.  The line in the sand is 2018.  They have to secure their franchise QB.  There is no plan B.

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not salty at all. And I’d rather look silly than unprofessional. I’ll await your next poorly composed article. 

I should also take a second to acknowledge and agree with you regarding my poorly composed articles.  I'm the first one to admit that my writing is not very good at all, but I do what I can to help out a little bit here and there if it drives traffic to the site and gets Jets fans to discuss/debate topics.

Even more important however, is that you and other posters like you should understand that I'd like to put in to words how little your opinion of me or my writing matters to me.

Sadly, I can't do that for two reasons.  The first reason would be the one I mentioned above, my writing is of poor quality.  The second reason being that the English language lacks the words necessary to accurately depict how little your opinion means to me.

The good news for you is that having recently gone back to work and started a new job, I won't be able to write nearly as much as I have in the past, which means @Maxman would probably be more than happy to let you step in and offer the site an immeasurable improvement in the quality of content I've provided over the past few years.

if they don't get the 1st or 2nd pick they are not getting a qb in the 1st round.  most likely the teams picking there need a qb or if that team will trade teams like Buffalo and Cleveland have more picks (2 1st rounders each) to move up. 

they need to put in Petty, McCown does enough to win games.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I should also take a second to acknowledge and agree with you regarding my poorly composed articles.  I'm the first one to admit that my writing is not very good at all, but I do what I can to help out a little bit here and there if it drives traffic to the site and gets Jets fans to discuss/debate topics.

Even more important however, is that you and other posters like you should understand that I'd like to put in to words how little your opinion of me or my writing matters to me.

Sadly, I can't do that for two reasons.  The first reason would be the one I mentioned above, my writing is of poor quality.  The second reason being that the English language lacks the words necessary to accurately depict how little your opinion means to me.

The good news for you is that having recently gone back to work and started a new job, I won't be able to write nearly as much as I have in the past, which means @Maxman would probably be more than happy to let you step in and offer the site an immeasurable improvement in the quality of content I've provided over the past few years.

Posters like me. I’d love to hear what you mean by that.

This place is like playboy, if you say you’re coming for the articles, you’re just lying to yourself. Let me make it abundantly clear that I have no problem with you or your “articles”. I typically never read them because they usually aren’t coming first hand interviews or sources. If I want to read Jets news I’ll go to the very poor selection of beat writers the Jets have. All I ever took issue with was how badly you fumbled that story, even if that radio DJ ended up being right. You’re a blogger. I get that. You don’t understand how real journalism works. Not many people do, especially with everything else that is going on in the world when it comes to journalism. 

I wish you well in your new endeavor. 

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Posters like me. I’d love to hear what you mean by that.

This place is like playboy, if you say you’re coming for the articles, you’re just lying to yourself. Let me make it abundantly clear that I have no problem with you or your “articles”. I typically never read them because they usually aren’t coming first hand interviews or sources. If I want to read Jets news I’ll go to the very poor selection of beat writers the Jets have. All I ever took issue with was how badly you fumbled that story, even if that radio DJ ended up being right. You’re a blogger. I get that. You don’t understand how real journalism works. Not many people do, especially with everything else that is going on in the world when it comes to journalism. 

I wish you well in your new endeavor. 

I have no idea what you two are talking about and honestly, I don't care.

You (CARL) need to lay off personal attacks, that's what this one was. You can disagree with what Glenn writes, you can not read his articles. But calling him stupid is over the line. Don't let it happen again.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

I for one eagerly await your articles....... 

It is tough being a Jet fan and you write through good times and bad.

In this crazy world we all collectively live in it matters.

For me when my mother was transitioning from lung cancer and I and my father (a tough retired NYPD Cop) were taking care of her before she eventually passed, it was folks like you and fans on sites like this that gave me just enough joy to make it through the day. So I mean it when I say..

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I have no idea what you two are talking about and honestly, I don't care.

You (CARL) need to lay off personal attacks, that's what this one was. You can disagree with what Glenn writes, you can not read his articles. But calling him stupid is over the line. Don't let it happen again.

I never called him stupid or personally attacked him. That’s just false. I won’t comment on this any further. 

23 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I never called him stupid or personally attacked him. That’s just false. I won’t comment on this any further. 

You said he didn't understand journalism. You also blasted the site in the process, so I felt the need to respond.

Either way, you said you won't comment on this any further so I am happy to just move on.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:19 AM, ChuckkieB said:

We all know the Jets are gonna screw the pooch and win just enough games to knock themselves out of a top 3 pick.  If that happens, they STILL have to go all in to ensure they get one of the top QB's in the draft, even it if means overpaying to trade up to get one.  This franchise has twiddled their thumbs long enough.  It's time to be as aggressive as they can to try and land their franchise QB. If the Jets don't end up picking either the consensus #1 or 2 QB prospect in the 2018 draft, it will be an epic failure which will set the franchise years further back than they already are.  The line in the sand is 2018.  They have to secure their franchise QB.  There is no plan B.

i just don't understand how ownership is continuing to allow this *** backward chain of command system between maccagnan & bowles.. 

bowles isn't starting petty, because he feels mccown gives him the best chance to keep his job, or find another.. my thoughts anyway..

then again, the GM shouldn't have given the HC a serviceable veteran QB, if he wanted one, or both of his kids to play this season in a full rebuild.. that would also have been an *** backward decision on his part.. all things being anywhere close to equal, how didn't he envision bowles starting mccown??

as far as both of the bolded, i agree completely.. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

If we defeat Jacksonville, will "must lose for #1 Pick" talk finally subside?

At what 2017 win total does that viewpoint concede the #1 overall isn't happening?

I said it before and i'll say it again... 

2-3 wins and picking 6-8 in the draft. 

and I said it before the Miami screw up. 

ENJOY!!!! 

Can we put an end to this "Suck for Sam" bullsh*t? Either they get the pick or they don't. This incessant whining stuff is starting to piss me off. They did beat the Dolphins but the Dolphins are a bad team with Cutler back there. Dude should have retired. The Jets are not as good as they looked against them but at least they showed up, played hard, and gave max effort. That's something that was missing last year and is something to look forward too. I actually am getting psyched for the next game because it was enjoyable to watch this team for a change. Enjoy it while it lasts.

9 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

I said it before and i'll say it again... 

2-3 wins and picking 6-8 in the draft. 

and I said it before the Miami screw up. 

ENJOY!!!! 

i just don't get why so many here want to chase meaningless wins this season.. is it a badge of honor kind of thing??

7 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

i just don't get why so many here want to chase meaningless wins this season.. is it a badge of honor kind of thing??

Because 2018 is a freaking long way away & you have to enjoy everyday. Some Jet fans wont be here next year on this good earth..you know law of averages & such.

8 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

It's not like rooting for a loss will make it any more likely to happen.  So enjoy the wins if they come, and wait until around draft time to complain about them.

5 minutes ago, jpoppy717 said:

It's not like rooting for a loss will make it any more likely to happen.  So enjoy the wins if they come, and wait until around draft time to complain about them.

i would enjoy the wins if we weren't spinning our wheels with a 38 year old JAG at QB..

in fairness to him, he is playing pretty good football..

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

No way 2-3 wins pushes down to 6, the #1 pick could have 3 wins this year.

The last time a team who picked first in the draft won 3 games was 2004. The Chargers went 4-12.

Nowadays 4-12 doesn't even guarantee you a Top 5 draft pick

You can't win more than twice nowadays and expect to get the #1 pick.

22 minutes ago, King P said:

The last time a team who picked first in the draft won 3 games was 2004. The Chargers went 4-12.

So I guess after this Sunday we'll out of the 1st pick sweepstakes

26 minutes ago, King P said:

Your point? THIS year there aren’t any total garbage teams, it’s looking like an exception year.

Archived