The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

5 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

As far as the Buffalo game we were a new team, with young players, with a new offense, despite that we lost 20-12, not bad.  In the Raiders we were facing a team that is expected to go deep into the playoffs and despite that we played admirably and took a step forward.  Today another step forward.  Things don't stand still.  By end of season we'll be better still.  Hopefully we find some players this year and fill some more holes in the draft next year.  In addition we have over $100M to spend next year and even more when we flush out Wilkerson and some others.

Oh fabulous.  They can spend $100 million on mediocre players in fraud agency... and without a franchise QB still.

Your name is "long suffering."  Don't you want that to end? Don't you understand what will make it end?

Spending $100 million in fraud agency is not the solution.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tony MaC said:

Its gotta be good for a younger team getting a win like this. You certainly don't want the team to develop a losers mentality.

This is good for the youngsters. Put some belief in their abilities, plus the first home game.. glad they are playing this way today.  Good job boys.  

Have you ever heard of the Indianapolis Colts or seen the Lions record since they got Stafford? 

You're right.Let's stack up those two examples of widely criticized teams against all the teams that have won a SuperBowl lately without a "franchise" quarterback.

I'll wait while you compile the list.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Luck went to the AFC championship game with no team.

Stafford is playing lights out and they are playing the Falcons VERY well.

i have watched stafford all season. He's doing it big.

The Lions are ******* awful since they got Stafford. Look at the numbers. He's been there 9 years and they're finally playing well. Goodie. And my point about Indy was everyone wants this 'franchise qb' and then just straight up ignore the other positions. It's ignorant is what it is. 

Tank crowd fails to recognize these young players need to learn and taste how to to win. An 0-16 year would just demoralize them and teach them zip. I’m not banking a franchise on a kid in college throwing interceptions 

Oh god. Not the "learning to win" argument again.

"Learning to win" got us Vernon Gholston instead of Matt Ryan.

Just now, Jet9 said:

The Lions are ******* awful since they got Stafford. Look at the numbers. He's been there 9 years and they're finally playing well. Goodie. And my point about Indy was everyone wants this 'franchise qb' and then just straight up ignore the other positions. It's ignorant is what it is. 

And the Jets strat of picking the most polished turd to QB has paid off bigly $$$$.

Never been a tank fan, because there are no guarantees....either picking a real qb  or actually ending up with the first pick, I know winning meaningless games can cost you in April.  But it's also nice to see a win.

0-16 can't possibly be good for morale and mental health going into the offseason

Even one of the worst franchises in the NFL stumbled into Peyton Manning when they got the # 1 pick.

A franchise being sh*tty isn't an effective argument opposing tanking here. In fact, quite the opposite. It's hard for even a bad franchise to f*ck up the top pick.

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

You're right.Let's stack up those two examples of widely criticized teams against all the teams that have won a SuperBowl lately without a "franchise" quarterback.

I'll wait while you compile the list.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

These magic QBs aren't the be all and end all. 22 guys out there and the Madden gurus focus on one position. 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Tank crowd fails to recognize these young players need to learn and taste how to to win. An 0-16 year would just demoralize them and teach them zip. I’m not banking a franchise on a kid in college throwing interceptions 

How exactly did learning how to win work out for us during those games that cost us Mariota and Winston? Unless you count those players who are winning life-insurance salesman of the week awards. 

Archived