The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even one of the worst franchises in the NFL stumbled into Peyton Manning when they got the # 1 pick.

A franchise being sh*tty isn't an effective argument opposing tanking here. In fact, quite the opposite. It's hard for even a bad franchise to f*ck up the top pick.

Go get me the list of #1 overall QBs who have won a SB. It's not a very long list. 

Tank crowd fails to recognize these young players need to learn and taste how to to win. An 0-16 year would just demoralize them and teach them zip. I’m not banking a franchise on a kid in college throwing interceptions 

That's cool. I "fail to recognize" where you are finding a franchise QB other than a "kid in college".

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Except a conference title game. Something the Jets haven't done since 1968.

This is funny coming from a guy who still thinks Rex won something here.

You're reaching. Nothing is guaranteed from a #1 pick. 

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Tank crowd fails to recognize these young players need to learn and taste how to to win. An 0-16 year would just demoralize them and teach them zip. I’m not banking a franchise on a kid in college throwing interceptions 

Except there will only be a handful of these guys still on the team when we are ready to win for real

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You'll have to get over it too when we still have a bum under center in 2020

This myth that you have to have the # 1 pick to get a QB is asinine nonsense.  Fact of the matter is NONE of the top 6 or 7 QB's was a #1 pick and most weren't even in the top 10.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Oh fabulous.  They can spend $100 million on mediocre players in fraud agency... and without a franchise QB still.

Your name is "long suffering."  Don't you want that to end? Don't you understand what will make it end?

Spending $100 million in fraud agency is not the solution.

And you're hanging your hopes on a raw rookie who may not even come out.  We'll get a QB, but I'm enjoying that fact that when we do they'll be dropped onto a team that has some players, and a bunch of draft picks and over $100M to spend on filling some of the remaining holes. 

This myth that you have to have the # 1 pick to get a QB is asinine nonsense.  Fact of the matter is NONE of the top 6 or 7 QB's was a #1 pick and most weren't even in the top 10.

More than ever, teams are taking a QB with the top picks. Partly because they cost less due to the new CBA. The other part being it's never been more important to have a franchise QB.

6 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

The Lions are ******* awful since they got Stafford. Look at the numbers. He's been there 9 years and they're finally playing well. Goodie. And my point about Indy was everyone wants this 'franchise qb' and then just straight up ignore the other positions. It's ignorant is what it is. 

You are bat sh*t crazy. He has lead the most 4th Q comebacks since entering the league and thrown the 4th most yards since as well.

Archived