The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!!

We have posters saying in effect in this thread that "yea we are not as good a we played today, it might have looked like a well played and coached game but it wasn't" all so that they can justify their tanking narrative!!

This is the sort of thing that is humorous as well as embarrassing.  I call it the FF infection of the game that results in an anything goes, lose out (borderline cheat) and a sort of imbalance in fans' actual thought process that is ruining the game. 

This is why one fan actually suggested in this thread that if the team wasn't going to lose out on "all their games" the way he thought that the Jets should he was going to go root for another team!!

Simply amazing to me.....

No real Jet fan wants to see a repeat of the year of the Kotite. That still lingers deeply in my green soul.  Young dudes played well and was nice to see improvement. Still, this team sucks and the Fins were just totally disinterested.  Not getting all caught up in a meaningless win. If there's a silver lining to this 'win', its that the kids are maturing. As far as Mac and Cheese are concerned, they couldn't hit the road fast enough for me.  Numerous other scrub teams played well today also...Bears, Saints, Browns, 49er's, so there's still hope to land that #1 pick.

2 hours ago, BigO said:

Roll the dice ??. Good question though. Seems to be a very deep QB class. Take a OL and move up and grab a QB in round 1. 

I think our line has played OK, not world class, but OK and they've been against really good competition the last couple of weeks.  Not to mention they're still young, but I agree if there's room for improvement there, go for it, but not with the first round pick. 

So, the #1 pick guarantees you nothing, but the #3 pick guarantees you a franchise caliber left tackle?

It's been harder than ever to evaluate LT's because of all the spread offenses. They're as big of a crapshoot as QBs these days. Funny that Jet9 of all people assumed you could easily find one early in the draft.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's been harder than ever to evaluate LT's because of all the spread offenses. They're as big of a crapshoot as QBs these days. Funny that Jet9 of all people assumed you could easily find one early in the draft.

You're truly insufferable.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Used to be college was  different than the NFL because they  ran the very boring wishbone every play. Now the college spread offenses make it difficult to evaluate offensive players, offensive linemen and QBs especially. But do wonder sometimes if it's not NFL OCs complicating things unneccessarily especially for OL guys. 

Have a hard time rooting against the Jets, but today...Too many lean seasons and bum fights won that were the difference between a shot at a real QB and not. And today looked a lot like a  bum fight victory. McCown is a competent NFL backup, but I don't understand in the flurry of cuts and cap casualties why he is here. Today was another example of the jets half assing things because...it's a half century of this. 

I just finished watching the game because I had to DVR it. And I didn't know the final score or anything about the game except we had an early 3-0 lead. I'm a happy camper. Sorry to the tanking crew. I'm sure you'll be there next week rooting for us to lose. But I'm smiling the entire week. A few things in the game I didn't love. We dominated the game and still only scored 20 points. We gave up that TD at the end of the game. I didn't like the defenses called later in the game. It's the kind of philosophy that loses games. And it's not just Bowles all of them do it. Stupid mistakes by Lee and Adams esp shows a lack of discipline. And finally New England won. 

Archived