Jacksonville is not a win

Gastineau Lives

I just want to use this game as further evidence that Joe Flacco is one of the most overrated, non-franchise-in-reality, QBs I've EVER seen. 

SB or no SB, what an awful decision it was to waste that chunk of cap space on him and the fact that they felt they had to give an (at best) Hall of OK QB a Hall of Fame contract is what's wrong with today's NFL.

11 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

I just want to use this game as further evidence that Joe Flacco is one of the most overrated, non-franchise-in-reality, QBs I've EVER seen. 

SB or no SB, what an awful decision it was to waste that chunk of cap space on him and the fact that they felt they had to give an (at best) Hall of OK QB a Hall of Fame contract is what's wrong with today's NFL.

This is so important.  Because of the inability to find at least 32 competent QBs to put on the field, it creates a game of contact musical chairs where teams have to aggressively outbid each other to get the few guys who are, or at least appear competent.  So in any given year, there are probably a half dozen teams with an albatross contract tying them to an underperforming JAG who had one good moment.  Flacco, Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassel, the list goes on and on.  Yeah, every now and then it will work out, but the fact that the NFL has organized itself in a way that teams can be put in an impossible situation for 3-4 years with no realistic way to speed up the process is terrible.  Free Agency looks good on paper, but RFA and the Franchise tags water it down so much it doesn't really offer an escape very often.  

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is so important.  Because of the inability to find at least 32 competent QBs to put on the field, it creates a game of contact musical chairs where teams have to aggressively outbid each other to get the few guys who are, or at least appear competent.  So in any given year, there are probably a half dozen teams with an albatross contract tying them to an underperforming JAG who had one good moment.  Flacco, Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassel, the list goes on and on.  Yeah, every now and then it will work out, but the fact that the NFL has organized itself in a way that teams can be put in an impossible situation for 3-4 years with no realistic way to speed up the process is terrible.  Free Agency looks good on paper, but RFA and the Franchise tags water it down so much it doesn't really offer an escape very often.  

While I agree with your post, Flacco is better than any QB we have had since 2004, except for 3 months of Favre.

The fact that the Jags got off to an early lead meant the Ravens were stuck playing catch up.

I don't expect to see that lopsided a score line next week. No doubt having Couglin in the background and Marrone  on the sideline gives them stability.  

Marrone back coaching against the Jets, will be interesting.

2 hours ago, glenn31 said:

I have said this before as well, the old beware the guy on an all world defense that wins the big one.  This is why i am supportive of Washingtons stance on cousins. 

4 hours ago, Pcola said:

While I agree with your post, Flacco is better than any QB we have had since 2004, except for 3 months of Favre.

Yeah, but Flacco at $20MM+ is an anchor around your neck when you're competing with a team that has a Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers for the same $.

Archived