There's a HUGE difference...

DMan77

Between winning with bums, and winning with young kids on a rebuilding and a developing team.

If this was Fitz, Marshall, Decker, Revis and our other 33+ year olds from last year out there stealing a win then I'd be right there with those of you fussing over a victory. I'd roll my eyes and cry whine about maybe not getting the 1st round pick... Even though it's WEEK THREE and that's a little ridiculous.

But I digress..

This is what we want to see! I don't care who plays QB for this team next year, you still need an at least decent team built around him. And the Jets showed there might be a chance of that happening sooner than later. This was a great win for the future of the Jets. They might lose every other game, but they're showing little by little that they have a group of talented young guys that can seriously play...

Be happy about that!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its probably a blip on the radar, but its astounding how radical those that want the #1 overall pick are being after the slightest bit of good news. 

As if one good day where the team dominated in all three phases is suddenly going to cost the team it's future, especially considering many of those who contributed to the win will be involved with its rebuild. 

If you want to make the playoffs a lot and be in contention more than a year here and there like the jets have in the past you need a franchise qb, end of story.  This this team, with this coach will never win anything.  The team is badly imbalanced talent wise and by the time we develop the offense D players will be leaving.  We need a franchise qb.

15 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Between winning with bums, and winning with young kids on a rebuilding and a developing team.

If this was Fitz, Marshall, Decker, Revis and our other 33+ year olds from last year out there stealing a win then I'd be right there with those of you fussing over a victory. I'd roll my eyes and cry whine about maybe not getting the 1st round pick... Even though it's WEEK THREE and that's a little ridiculous.

But I digress..

This is what we want to see! I don't care who plays QB for this team next year, you still need an at least decent team built around him. And the Jets showed there might be a chance of that happening sooner than later. This was a great win for the future of the Jets. They might lose every other game, but they're showing little by little that they have a group of talented young guys that can seriously play...

Be happy about that!

I agree! I see a lot of young talent on this team. 

3 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Its probably a blip on the radar, but its astounding how radical those that want the #1 overall pick are being after the slightest bit of good news. 

As if one good day where the team dominated in all three phases is suddenly going to cost the team it's future, especially considering many of those who contributed to the win will be involved with its rebuild. 

Math is pretty simple. A few more wins and 4-12 or 5-11 will have us missing out on the best QB prospects since Luck.  I'm 39. I have season tickets. I don't like seeing the team lose. But at some point you have to look big picture.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If you want to make the playoffs a lot and be in contention more than a year here and there like the jets have in the past you need a franchise qb, end of story.  This this team, with this coach will never win anything.  The team is badly imbalanced talent wise and by the time we develop the offense D players will be leaving.  We need a franchise qb.

There is young talent on this team.  Anderson, Adams, Stewart, McGuire, Kearse, Williams, Mays.  Hell, Claibourne played a solid game today and he is only 26. Seferian-Jenkins is only 25 and he is talented.

15 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

There is young talent on this team.  Anderson, Adams, Stewart, McGuire, Kearse, Williams, Mays.  Hell, Claibourne played a solid game today and he is only 26. Seferian-Jenkins is only 25 and he is talented.

But not at QB, which means our ceiling is border line wild card loser.  And that's if everything aligns.  

But just like a few years ago, we can all rejoice in meaningless victories over Ten and Buf and watch TB and Ten be playoff contenders every year while we have no face of the franchise or offensive identity.

21 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

What is being lost is maybe, just maybe, Bowles isn't the bum of a HC that so many out here assume. Maybe he is growing into the job....

The team looked good today, period.

I know it is convenient to suggest that Bowles is the second coming of Kotite, Bubba Gump and so on, but I saw the Jets under Kotite and the team NEVER EVER looked good or like this under Kotite against anyone regardless of the score.

If we have to get a QB that is one issue; but I can not say how happy I would be if we have a competent HC who can get his team to play crisp, effective, complimentary football.

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

YES

24 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Math is pretty simple. A few more wins and 4-12 or 5-11 will have us missing out on the best QB prospects since Luck.  I'm 39. I have season tickets. I don't like seeing the team lose. But at some point you have to look big picture.

There's a man with a head on his shoulders. Bravo.

25 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Just for a hypothetical: as a practical matter how do the Jets tank?

What do they do have players in the wrong position, put the wrong personnel on the field?  Think McCown is the worst starting QB, based on his won loss record in the NFL and the Jets are starting him; so how do the Jets precisely tank?

And to me starting Petty isn't a tank job; so what do we do to lose on purpose?

Just a thought

21 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What do they do have players in the wrong position, put the wrong personnel on the field?  Think McCown is the worst starting QB, based on his won loss record in the NFL and the Jets are starting him; so how do the Jets precisely tank?

Just a thought

I'm not naive enough to think there's a locker room scheme to tank the season. As a fan, I want them to lose every game until they get a QB

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I'm not naive enough to think there's a locker room scheme to tank the season. As a fan, I want them to lose every game until they get a QB

Makes sense....

I only ask you because you are a sane poster and I don't know what the Jets as an organization are to do...

I thought it would be best to start Petty and go from there but I can't see now that they have McCown and starting him how they "tank"?

27 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Just a thought

Hackenberg. If they actually wanted to tank. He's the answer. 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Makes sense....

I only ask you because you are a sane poster and I don't know what the Jets as an organization are to do...

I thought it would be best to start Petty and go from there but I can't see now that they have McCown and starting him how they "tank"?

I'm not saying anything new. At least if they started Petty or Hackenberg and they won a few games it would give you hope for the future. Winning with McCown does nothing. I enjoyed seeing the dolphin fans leaving the stadium all dejected, but tomorrow morning we're 1-2 and need to lose 13 or 14 more to get a QB

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Dude.. we won with McCown. A 38 year old at the most important position on the field. A position where we don't have a starter in 2018 right now. All that matters.

I don't agree. Stewart made an amazing catch. The offensive line played well. The offensive coordinator seems to understand how football is played in 2017. We have a young tight end that looked good today. The DLine is young and played well. Robby Anderson showed a lot today, Kearse continues to impress. The young RB McGuire is very encouraging.

Then there is Adams. No words to explain how good he has looked so far.

They need a QB. No doubt. But they started the year needed everything and a QB. Nice to see a bunch of the questions getting answered positively.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I don't agree. Stewart made an amazing catch. The offensive line played well. The offensive coordinator seems to understand how football is played in 2017. We have a young tight end that looked good today. The DLine is young and played well. Robby Anderson showed a lot today, Kearse continues to impress. The young RB McGuire is very encouraging.

Then there is Adams. No words to explain how good he has looked so far.

They need a QB. No doubt. But they started the year needed everything and a QB. Nice to see a bunch of the questions getting answered positively.

Here's the problem. The Jets win 4 games. Pick 4th or 5th. The top QB prospects are gone. Who's the QB in 2018?

A nice catch or a good tackle is nice, but its long overdue to get a QB in here.

5 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Anybody else shocked at our OL is improving each week? 

Jets are going to have an interesting problem to solve when Brian Winters is ready to return with the way Dozier played this game  .  Furthermore, I think with Winters signed long term and Dozier looking decent, Carp might find himself expendable  

30 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

We need to learn how to lose to win.

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs

8 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Here's the problem. The Jets win 4 games. Pick 4th or 5th. The top QB prospects are gone. Who's the QB in 2018?

A nice catch or a good tackle is nice, but its long overdue to get a QB in here.

Sorry but I enjoyed the hell out of winning today.  Grinning ear to ear was I.  We're suppose to suck but hell, Bowles is mostly playing the youngsters more and more and they are mostly stepping up.  I'm hoping that Bowles along with our youngsters are all LEARNING on the job.  Let come what may with the draft.  Many of Mac's pick seem to be blossoming.  Isn't that all we can ask for?  YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME....at least at this point in the season.     

6 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I keep hearing 'deep draft'. Do you think all QB's are actually going to be drafted #'s 1-4?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

10 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Here are two problems:

1. I have no idea if I will be alive next year. Nobody knows the answer to that question.

2. The Jets played today and I can never root against the Jets when they play.

Tomorrow is promised to no man. All there is, is today.

Enjoy the J E T S victory! The stadium was a lot of fun today. Fans were going nuts and the Dolphins fans were sooooo quiet. Good stuff.

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Interesting for this site .

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Ah a quote from Rosie Perez in White Men Don't Jump. Now I thought I had seen it all but...

Fast forward 2 years. Darnold is playing for us, but we have no talent anywhere around him:

*Tank poster #1*:"Mac sucks! He didn't draft anyone in his time here now look at us! We have a QB but no one around him!"

*Tank poster #2*: "I know right?! Same old Jets! Would have been nice for them to develop a few players in the last few years."

You do NOT build a team in one year. I don't care who you are. It takes years to build a foundation to win. If you want the Jets to suck for Sam then you damn well better be willing to be Ok with losing for another 2-3 years after they draft him then. Because you're asking for Jets to not develop talent anywhere else this year. You're begging (and putting all your chips) on one draft somehow solving all the problems... That doesn't work. 

That's just so silly to me. Why would you not want some of these young guy to succeed and be a part of the future? Why would you not want some pieces to be in place? We need guys from these last 1-3 drafts to come on and establish themselves.

Archived