SHAME on Jet fans

kevinc855

You know what, I'm fed up with this fanbase. They want to complain about "lack of effort" "poor coaching" etc etc yet when their supposed team shows up and plays well where were the fans to support them? The lower bowls were nearly empty with 10 minutes to go as we are beating a division rival. From the tv I didn't even hear the J E T S chant after the first kickoff. This team showed up, the fans did not. Way to have a "lack of effort" Jet fans.

May I also say this does not apply to everyone as some TRUE and LOYAL Jet fans still were there making noise in green. Stay true. Screw the Tank Crowd and other whiny Jet fans.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game and been a season ticket holder for over thirty years. I have a lot of friends who dropped their tickets and PSL'S because they are fed up with ownership, high prices for food and drinks, parking but most of all the product on the field for most of the years. Also they hate the new stadium! Now with politics and protest entering the game they are totally fed up. We go to games to forget about politics and everyday life's problems for a few hours. I don't know if the Jets will ever get these fans back. Winning will bring some back but not all. 

Absolutely 855!  The truth is right there above in SP post. The loser thinking needs to change, but maybe it's just a east coast thing.  haha  You go out and kick there ass every week, as the Famous Jets are coming!  Great game Sunday, was really rooting for the shutout.  Great effort.  

I was at the game in the sweltering sun all day, the place was empty. I was surprised at all the empty seats for a home opener on such a nice day. I said to my son and his friend prior to getting to the stadium that the place would packed home opener, nice weather, season ticket holders wont dump seats. I was wrong. 

I talked to ticket reps inquiring about the seats where I was sitting yesterday.  $10k a PSL and I think he said $275 a game no way can the average fan like myself afford that along with NJ property taxes, car insurance, student loans etc. 

43 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I was at the game and been a season ticket holder for over thirty years. I have a lot of friends who dropped their tickets and PSL'S because they are fed up with ownership, high prices for food and drinks, parking but most of all the product on the field for most of the years. Also they hate the new stadium! Now with politics and protest entering the game they are totally fed up. We go to games to forget about politics and everyday life's problems for a few hours. I don't know if the Jets will ever get these fans back. Winning will bring some back but not all. 

Get over it cupcake....  :)

Yes, Crusher, I know.  :D

I will never root for my team to lose, if it happens it happens but I won't root for it to happen.  Good organizations will draft well no matter where they draft, bad ones will screw it up no matter where they draft.  I was thrilled w/ our win yesterday and I hope to see many more.  if that costs us a prospect people want then so be it.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

You know what, I'm fed up with this fanbase. They want to complain about "lack of effort" "poor coaching" etc etc yet when their supposed team shows up and plays well where were the fans to support them? The lower bowls were nearly empty with 10 minutes to go as we are beating a division rival. From the tv I didn't even hear the J E T S chant after the first kickoff. This team showed up, the fans did not. Way to have a "lack of effort" Jet fans.

May I also say this does not apply to everyone as some TRUE and LOYAL Jet fans still were there making noise in green. Stay true. Screw the Tank Crowd and other whiny Jet fans.

The Jets have the worst fanbase in the NFL, representing one of the worst sports cities in the NFL.

New York pride (I'd call it ego) is wildly misplaced.

New York is defined by front runner fans who generally have better thing to do (they'll tell you) than actually root for their team.

It was like 120 degrees and full sun. People were literally melting.

I love this though. I wasn't at the game but I am going to call out other people for not being at the game.

I never miss a home game. Ever. And I would NEVER call people out. The Jets cut every veteran and have a 38 year old QB. People are going to need to be convinced. No reason to call out fans like this.

And for the record, the stadium atmosphere was great. There were a few chants, but they didn't really help Scott and Rob out because they didn't put them on the big screen much.

I want to understand; you are criticizing people who left a blowout from the air-conditioned comfort of your couch? Will say the entire time I had tickets never understood why people left close games early.But yesterday-1000 degrees, an awful traffic ride home, perhaps a cooler full of frosty beverages-and the Dolphins offense doing nothing for the first 50 minutes? Sounds like a smart move really. 

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Jets have the worst fanbase in the NFL, representing one of the worst sports cities in the NFL.

New York is defined by front runner fans who generally have better thing to do (they'll tell you) than actually root for their team.

LOL

Your really going to call Jets' fans "front runner fans"  LOL  C'mon man

All I know is one thing and that is this: I sure enjoyed watching this very young Jets team hand it to the Fins like a playoff team is supposed to. Do I think that the playoffs are a possibility? You bet they are. This QB is playing like a top 5 signal caller and I love the WSO and have ever since I watched Joe Montana run it back in the early 80's. I saw that slant pass that was a mainstay of the 49ers offense and how many times did we (well, those of us old enough) see Jerry Rice and John Taylor take that play to the house? I don't give two sh*tes about any young unproven QB that might be available to the Jets in April or May, (whenever DD is) I want to watch them win NOW!!!!

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Wave hello from your superbowl seats...... :)

Not sure how long you have been a fan but this 47 years stuff can wear on a fan.

Then quit following them.

And yes, I have 47 years in.  It is unbelievable there are fans that bitch when the team shows a lack of effort, and then bitches when the team shows effort and wins.

Make up your mind.

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And yes, I have 47 years in.  It is unbelievable there are fans that bitch when the team shows a lack of effort, and then bitches when the team shows effort and wins.

Make up your mind.

I'll tell you though Steve I have never felt like this before, watching the NY Jets (since the 68 season) where I don't really mind watching them get beat and still root for them to win while holding out some (probably) unrealistic hopes of a magical season.

12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Your really going to call Jets' fans "front runner fans"  LOL  C'mon man

Not the majority folks here.  

But the broader NY Market Fanbase?  Absolutely.

I love my team, and I mostly love my fellow dedicated Jets Fans.  

I do not love the NY Sports market, the NY Sports "media", nor the casual/average NY Sports Fan.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

East Rutherford, NJ?

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

This game has become pussified just like this country. God forbid you hurt somebody's feelings on the field. 

LOL. It's a 15 yard penalty for hurting your opponent's feelings, but piss of half the paying fans by kneeling during the Anthem and you have ownership and the NFL's 100% support.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You earn trust and devotion you shouldn't just be given it.  The NY Jets football team has long since spent all of their good will freebies we will show up no matter what capital.  Also, it is funny that anything that screws fans over in pro sports whether it be sh*tty owners, teams leaving, players leaving is called a 'business decision'.  When it comes time to pony up cash from the fans they are expected to be 'fans' and dole out the money no matter what.  F'ug that , it is time for fans to make sports entertainment  business decisions, start running the team in a good and successful fashion and they will;l show up.  suck for large parts of the time and you can pound sand.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

"Where were the fans"

"from tv"

Presented without a tinge of irony or self-awareness.

The real reason people are concerned is people don't (myself included) trust Mac to be able to make the right qb decision. Darnold is the hot name but this qb class has been well documented to have more than one elite level qb talent in it. Giving him less options makes things like not picking a qb, trading up and mortgaging other premium picks to land a qb, or limiting our trade down value in all rounds (lol) a real issue. 

Of course everyone is happy that the young guys are learning and hopefully continue to develop. I'm happy jamal adams had a good game and the defense played well. Still doesn't change the real big picture issues that plague the team like inconsistent in-game coaching decisions, lack of coaching leadership and coherent organizational chart, lack of negotiating prowess, lack of blueprint or vision for building a roster, and obviously lack of draft success. 

If we had front office leadership people felt good about things would be different in terms of this feel good win. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Make up your mind.

OH OK... you are the curator of fans now?  Im not going to debate you on who is a better fan me or you.

I am simply stating that our management is way below average for 47 years now and that is not in question.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I will never root for my team to lose, if it happens it happens but I won't root for it to happen.  Good organizations will draft well no matter where they draft, bad ones will screw it up no matter where they draft.  I was thrilled w/ our win yesterday and I hope to see many more.  if that costs us a prospect people want then so be it.

I think that is well stated....  especially if we beat the Fish or Pats.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

From the tv I didn't even hear the J E T S chant after the first kickoff. This team showed up, the fans did not. Way to have a "lack of effort" Jet fans.

You're right.  We need to organize fans to get out there and show support

Tell ya what, if we can get enough people down to chant "L-O-S-E LOSE LOSE LOSE" and "T-A-N-K TANK TANK TANK", I'll go to the games and show support.

It seems the team forgot the purpose of this season yesterday.  We need to remind them.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

i haven't been to the new stadium but i doubt if the traffic to get out has improved.  frankly i don't hold leaving early against any fan although if you're going to burn down a beautiful fall day going to see a game you should stay to the end.

Archived