SHAME on Jet fans

kevinc855

16 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You're right.  We need to organize fans to get out there and show support

Tell ya what, if we can get enough people down to chant "L-O-S-E LOSE LOSE LOSE" and "T-A-N-K TANK TANK TANK", I'll go to the games and show support.

It seems the team forgot the purpose of this season yesterday.  We need to remind them.

The purpose of the season is to WIN football games. 

You don't play to lose. 

You play to win the game. 

So if we lose every remaining game and draft Darnold and he is a bust like many other #1 picks do we repeat the same thing the following season. 

What the hell is wrong with you people? 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i haven't been to the new stadium but i doubt if the traffic to get out has improved.  frankly i don't hold leaving early against any fan although if you're going to burn down a beautiful fall day going to see a game you should stay to the end.

It sucks we usually exit for Rt 3 and yesterday leaving the green lot we realized we missed the chance and had to get on the turnpike. 

4 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

I want us to lose every game but I do like this staff and gm, I hate the fans that complain about Bowles and Mac when we lose , when it's a tank job stop bitching , we need to lose the game for a qb

Huh? So you want to lose?

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not this season.  Hence emptying the team of talent, signing Mccown and saving a bunch of cap space.

You don't play to lose. 

So if we lose every remaining game and draft Darnold and he is a bust like many other #1 picks do we repeat the same thing the following season. 

Yes, if circumstances are similar.  But it will take a few seasons to figure that out.

1.  We're Jet fans.  

2.  Wanting to win any games with Mccown is complete insanity.  The "true fans" rooting for wins and asking for more mediocrity and BS.  I'd ask what's wrong with them.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You don't play to lose. 

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah....GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM! 

You want the hard truth....YES.  If Darnold busts you try again.  You do whatever it takes to get a QB.  NFL made the sport entirely about whether or not you have the talent at that one position.  Now of course you also need a team of good layers, BUT if you don't have the QB, you have almost no chance to ever win a SB.  If you want to pretend otherwise, fine, but don't go slamming the people who are rooting FOR the long term interests of the team by cheering for what provides them the ONLY opportunity to become relevant in the system the NFL has in place for acquiring actual talent. You want to bemoan the idea of people cheering for losses?  Change the system.  But losing is what is in our own best interests.  As for damaging the fragile competitive culture of the team....lol.  This is the NY goddamned Jets...we have NO culture.  We let our player run amok and we do whatever appeases the fans and media in the this town.  This franchise is completely shattered from a leadership/culture standpoint.  But we are worried about 1 season? 

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not this season.  Hence emptying the team of talent, signing Mccown and saving a bunch of cap space.

Yes, if circumstances are similar.  But it will take a few seasons to figure that out.

1.  We're Jet fans.  

2.  Wanting to win any games with Mccown is complete insanity.  The "true fans" rooting for wins and asking for more mediocrity and BS.  I'd ask what's wrong with them.

3 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

You want the hard truth....YES.  If Darnold busts you try again.  You do whatever it takes to get a QB.  NFL made the sport entirely about whether or not you have the talent at that one position.  Now of course you also need a team of good layers, BUT if you don't have the QB, you have almost no chance to ever win a SB.  If you want to pretend otherwise, fine, but don't go slamming the people who are rooting FOR the long term interests of the team by cheering for what provides them the ONLY opportunity to become relevant in the system the NFL has in place for acquiring actual talent. You want to bemoan the idea of people cheering for losses?  Change the system.  But losing is what is in our own best interests.  As for damaging the fragile competitive culture of the team....lol.  This is the NY goddamned Jets...we have NO culture.  We let our player run amok and we do whatever appeases the fans and media in the this town.  This franchise is completely shattered from a leadership/culture standpoint.  But we are worried about 1 season? 

Tom Brady was a 5th round pick you don't always draft the franchise QB with the #1 pick in the draft, hire scouts who will evaluate the college QB's and not just pick the so called sure thing. 

1 season?  Where you been for the past 48 years. 

No way in hell do you ever root for your team to lose. 

NOT ME NOT EVER. 

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Huh? So you want to lose?

i don't think anyone thought they would nearly hang a goose egg on the doltfins after seeing the previous two games.  if we see a string of similar efforts it's going to be pretty difficult to justify launching bowles and or mac.  i hope that petty and or hack will get put in at some point so we can see if they are good enough to qb.

9 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I just posted this in another thread, but what makes you think that tanking works so well?  The last time a team won the super bowl with their own #1 overall pick was the Colts in 2006.  Eli was the only other #1 in that time acquired on draft day.  Before them it was 1998 to Elway who the Broncos got via draft day trade.  Teams have won with later 1st rounders (Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rodgers) FAs (Manning's Broncos, Brees), later picks entirely (Pats, Seahawks). 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tom Brady was a 5th round pick you don't always draft the franchise QB with the #1 pick in the draft, hire scouts who will evaluate the college QB's and not just pick the so called sure thing. 

1 season?  Where you been for the past 48 years. 

NOT ME NOT EVER. 

imo brady wasn't quite the throwaway pick some people may think he was.  he was from a good program and performed better than drew henson who was supposed to be the guy.  he could've gone higher. the 1999 draft had 5 qb's go in the first round and 3 in the first three picks. in the 2000 draft chaddy was the first qb taken and there weren't many until the 5th or 6th rounds.  so brady was just caught in a player cycle.  next draft teams are all going to be clamoring for the qb's in the higher rounds.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo brady wasn't quite the throwaway pick some people may think he was.  he was from a good program and performed better than drew henson who was supposed to be the guy.  he could've gone higher. the 1999 draft had 5 qb's go in the first round and 3 in the first three picks. in the 2000 draft chaddy was the first qb taken and there weren't many until the 5th or 6th rounds.  so brady was just caught in a player cycle.  next draft teams are all going to be clamoring for the qb's in the higher rounds.

Brett Favre 2nd round 

Russel Wilson 3rd round 

Plenty of 1st round picks very successful in the NFL but theres always a chance. 

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You don't play to lose. 

1,000 percent agree.  

As much as I would love to have a top pick to grab one of those top QB's, I can never root for them to loose.  This year, I expect them to loose a lot so I may not be as  upset after a loss as I usually would  (yes i know its just a game), but when they win it's thrilling and great feeling regardless of the the impact to the draft.  I will worry about the draft when the time comes.   

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NOT ME NOT NEVER. 

Oh stop it. You already know the answer to the point about Brady.  That was an anomaly.  Most FQBs are taken in the 1st.  After that the odds drop off a cliff.  Yes it HAS happened, but it likely won't happen if you are just throwing darts at QB in the 4th,5th and 6th rounds and banking on a QB panning out for you.  And in the way the position is overinflated TODAY....we have Rams giving up absurd picks for Jared "never beat a good team in his football career" Goff and teams reaching for 2nd round talents/project QBs like Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Lynch, etc in the 1st round.

I mean just look back at who has gone in the 1st.  Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Johnny Football, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Tim ******* Tebow.  Yeah the potential to just hire good scouts and let the draft come to you is an antiquated approach.  Teams are desperate to get QBs.  So you can either rot to lose or you can root to miss out on a draft pick and hope and pray that the team who ended up with the pick (A) doesn't need a QB, (B) is willing to trade the pick, AND c) you can offer the most draft pick compensation - which if we are paying attention now requires that you provide the equivalent of 3 first round picks, and a 2nd or 3rd if you are trading up to secure a QB.  So missing out on the draft position will usually cost you the opportunity to secure a QB or it costs you absurd draft pick compensation to trade up for the right to find out if a guy is a FQB or not.  So you could reasonably argue that missing out on the draft pick and having to try to secure it after the fact is way worse than finishing last if you are looking for a QB. 

OK. And I can respect that you never root for your team to lose. That's the fun part, you can root however you like.  None of it affects the games or matter in any way.

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I just posted this in another thread, but what makes you think that tanking works so well?  The last time a team won the super bowl with their own #1 overall pick was the Colts in 2006.  Eli was the only other #1 in that time acquired on draft day.  Before them it was 1998 to Elway who the Broncos got via draft day trade.  Teams have won with later 1st rounders (Roethlisberger, Flacco, Rodgers) FAs (Manning's Broncos, Brees), later picks entirely (Pats, Seahawks). 

"So well?" I'll take even odds at this point.  You have a good point, but you are missing the biggest most obvious point here....you are listing teams that have competent ownership, strategic direction, an actual plan, and an identity that they build towards....Who are the Jets?  We are a completely inept sh*tshow that can't stop tripping over it's own dick long enough for the rest of the NFL to catch it's breath from laughing at us. 

Our only shot at relevance is playing the odds.  Yes I'll take the next blue chip QB and hope for the best.  We aren't scouting or developing the next Brady/Rodgers/Brees.  We need to be gifted a HOF level talent to win in spite of ourselves.  Blue chippers don't fall.  Guys with issues/concerns fall.  And we are not a franchise that can rise above those issues with good coaching, player development or providing a stable and supportive culture for a young QB to excel in. 

7 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Oh stop it

"So well?" I'll take even odds at this point.  You have a good point, but you are missing the biggest most obvious point here....you are listing teams that have competent ownership, strategic direction, an actual plan, and an identity that they build towards....Who are the Jets?  We are a completely inept sh*tshow that can't stop tripping over it's own dick long enough for the rest of the NFL to catch it's breath from laughing at us. 

Our only shot at relevance is playing the odds.  Yes I'll take the next blue chip QB and hope for the best.  We aren't scouting or developing the next Brady/Rodgers/Brees.  We need to be gifted a HOF level talent to win in spite of ourselves.  Blue chippers don't fall.  Guys with issues/concerns fall.  And we are not a franchise that can rise above those issues with good coaching, player development or providing a stable and supportive culture for a young QB to excel in. 

I don't think those are the odds.  If we are such a complete sh*tshow then we aren't going to win no matter what.  No reason to give anybody a free hand to suck by pretending that it is intentional and "helping our odds." 

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You know what, I'm fed up with this fanbase. They want to complain about "lack of effort" "poor coaching" etc etc yet when their supposed team shows up and plays well where were the fans to support them? The lower bowls were nearly empty with 10 minutes to go as we are beating a division rival. From the tv I didn't even hear the J E T S chant after the first kickoff. This team showed up, the fans did not. Way to have a "lack of effort" Jet fans.

May I also say this does not apply to everyone as some TRUE and LOYAL Jet fans still were there making noise in green. Stay true. Screw the Tank Crowd and other whiny Jet fans.

From TV? Where were you?  Why didn't you go to the game? 

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You don't play to lose. 

There is no way that you can honestly tell me that the Jets, from an organizational prospective at least, are trying to win this year.  They dumped most of the veteran players who were productive and replaced them with retreads and nobodies.  They signed a 38 year old QB who won TWO games as a starter over the last 3 years.  This is a clear signal to anyone who is paying attention that a complete rebuild is in full effect, and as a by product of that, the tanking of the 2017 season is on as well.  I'm a fan of this team for 40+ years and I'm completely fine with it all.  That being said, If the team itself clearly doesn't intend to be competitive this year, why should any fan sit here and root for them to win games?? I'm quite happy to root for the development of all of our young players instead of wins. 

After years of treading water and being mediocre or built to have a small window of success, the team is FINALLY biting the bullet and rebuilding from the ground up.  The most important part of this will be to draft a potential franchise QB.  Could the Jets have a top 3 pick in 2018 and pick a dud QB?  Of course.  And if that happens, they should keep trying until they find the right QB.  Losing as many games as possible in 2017 at least puts them on that path. 

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think those are the odds.  If we are such a complete sh*tshow then we aren't going to win no matter what.  No reason to give anybody a free hand to suck by pretending that it is intentional and "helping our odds." 

Whatever the odds are, they are.  I'll tell you what will never work.  Signing jag veterans to inflate your talent levels to the point where you are covering up deficiencies with bandaids like McCown, Kearse, Kerley, ASJ and Forte.  None of them are here for the long term rebuild.  And ALL of them are helping us win and derail our chances at getting a FQB.  But hoo-f*cking-ray.  We beat the dolphins! 

Just like the last time we beat the dolphins and titans in 2014 and missed out on Mariota.  Good times.

Or the time before that when we swept the dolphins and missed out on Matt Ryan.

Same Old Jets.

2 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Whatever the odds are, they are.  I'll tell you what will never work.  Signing jag veterans to inflate your talent levels to the point where you are covering up deficiencies with bandaids like McCown, Kearse, Kerley, ASJ and Forte.  None of them are here for the long term rebuild.  And ALL of them are helping us win and derail our chances at getting a FQB.  But hoo-f*cking-ray.  We beat the dolphins! 

Just like the last time we beat the dolphins and titans in 2014 and missed out on Mariota.  Good times.

Same Old Jets.

It's funny, I made a similar point to yours in another thread (at least I think it was another thread).  I am not that concerned that those guys are bandaids or their age (excepting McCown and Forte, of course) but that they aren't signed.  Seferian-Jenkins may be a long term solution at TE, but he isn't signed, so he isn't going to last.  Same thing with Kony Ealy.  At least they have Kearse through 2018 and I think he is a legitimate player.

19 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

There is no way that you can honestly tell me that the Jets, from an organizational prospective at least, are trying to win this year.  They dumped most of the veteran players who were productive and replaced them with retreads and nobodies.  They signed a 38 year old QB who won TWO games as a starter over the last 3 years.  This is a clear signal to anyone who is paying attention that a complete rebuild is in full effect, and as a by product of that, the tanking of the 2017 season is on as well.  I'm a fan of this team for 40+ years and I'm completely fine with it all.  That being said, If the team itself clearly doesn't intend to be competitive this year, why should any fan sit here and root for them to win games?? I'm quite happy to root for the development of all of our young players instead of wins. 

After years of treading water and being mediocre or built to have a small window of success, the team is FINALLY biting the bullet and rebuilding from the ground up.  The most important part of this will be to draft a potential franchise QB.  Could the Jets have a top 3 pick in 2018 and pick a dud QB?  Of course.  And if that happens, they should keep trying until they find the right QB.  Losing as many games as possible in 2017 at least puts them on that path. 

Rebuilding doesn't necessarily mean tanking.  Yes they rid themselves of the overpriced vets and bad locker room people but do you think they wish that the team goes out and there to lose?  If that were the case they never would have brought McCown in.  They would have just let Petty behind the center or even better, Hack to loose games.  They have some young players that they want to see get better and better.  This involves making plays that can win games.  

I totally understand rooting for a top pick but rooting for them to lose?  Sorry, that's not a true Jet fan in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Yes they rid themselves of the overpriced vets and bad locker room people but do you think they wish that the team goes out and looses?  If that were the case they never would have brought McCown in. 

TWO wins over the last three years for McCown doesn't exactly convince me that this move was to help the Jets get wins in 2017.  In fact, they paid him BACKUP money because they thought he's be a back up and mentor the other two young QB's on the roster, but clearly both of them aren't even good enough to beat out a below average journeyman, which is an argument for another day.

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You know what, I'm fed up with this fanbase. They want to complain about "lack of effort" "poor coaching" etc etc yet when their supposed team shows up and plays well where were the fans to support them? The lower bowls were nearly empty with 10 minutes to go as we are beating a division rival. From the tv I didn't even hear the J E T S chant after the first kickoff. This team showed up, the fans did not. Way to have a "lack of effort" Jet fans.

May I also say this does not apply to everyone as some TRUE and LOYAL Jet fans still were there making noise in green. Stay true. Screw the Tank Crowd and other whiny Jet fans.

"From the TV"

So where the hell were you? Why didn't you show up to the game? 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Don't live in NY anymore due to my job. Does that make me a bad fan?

Yes. 

With tickets as low as $35 and flights to New Jersey from anywhere in the country as low as $175, if you felt this passionately about cheering on the Jets you should have gotten your lazy ass to MetLife Stadium for the home opener. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes. 

With tickets as low as $35 and flights to New Jersey from anywhere in the country as low as $175, if you felt this passionately about cheering on the Jets you should have gotten your lazy ass to MetLife Stadium for the home opener. 

SAR I

hahaaha yes. Not that rich to get plane tickets, I will be at the Jets Pats game tho.

5 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

I want us to lose every game but I do like this staff and gm, I hate the fans that complain about Bowles and Mac when we lose , when it's a tank job stop bitching , we need to lose the game for a qb

And who's fault is it that we feel we have to tank in the first place?

And, yeah, not wanting an incompetent front office running the team is bitching. Okay.

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'll tell you though Steve I have never felt like this before, watching the NY Jets (since the 68 season) where I don't really mind watching them get beat and still root for them to win while holding out some (probably) unrealistic hopes of a magical season.

Hey, I hope the Jets have a good pick next year as well.

But I don't root for them to lose, nor do I want to see them lose.  If the talent warrants wining 8-9 games, then we aren't as bad as we thought, and we will have a chance at one of the 5-6 QB's that will go in the first.

If we are bad enough to warrant a 1st overall, we will do so on the merit that this team is REAL bad.  But I do not understand the logic in WANTING your team to lose. 

This whole nonsense of tanking for a 1st overall....how has that worked for the last 5 years in Cleveland?  They are none the better.  Who is to say Sam Darnold is no better than Mark Sanchez?  It's not like USC QB's have blazed their way through the NFL. 

How many times have we heard over the years "OH, but this guy is different!"  How many have ACTUALLY been different?  Not many....

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Hey, I hope the Jets have a good pick next year as well.

But I don't root for them to lose, nor do I want to see them lose.  If the talent warrants wining 8-9 games, then we aren't as bad as we thought, and we will have a chance at one of the 5-6 QB's that will go in the first.

If we are bad enough to warrant a 1st overall, we will do so on the merit that this team is REAL bad.  But I do not understand the logic in WANTING your team to lose. 

This whole nonsense of tanking for a 1st overall....how has that worked for the last 5 years in Cleveland?  They are none the better.  Who is to say Sam Darnold is no better than Mark Sanchez?  It's not like USC QB's have blazed their way through the NFL. 

How many times have we heard over the years "OH, but this guy is different!"  How many have ACTUALLY been different?  Not many....

what this guy said......here here!

27 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Don't live in NY anymore due to my job. Does that make me a bad fan?

YES, since you're throwing stones from your Glass House. 

The game yesterday was AWESOME!

I sold my 3 tix to Dolphins fans and got $310 Face Value  45 yard line seats for $160. ON TOP OF THAT, first 3 rows were empty so I had the entire lower-hand corner of Sectn. 240 all to myself. Then went BACK to my regular section for the final 8 minutes of the game to playfully harass the remaining fish fans as the Pepsi Board sections were ROCKING and HIGH FIVING all the way to the lots. We wanted the DONUT, but happy to have 1/3 2017 wins come against the Dolphins. 

:D

Archived