SHAME on Jet fans

kevinc855

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I Not looking to start an argument but the MEZZ seats in the hot sun smell like an old musty boat do you ever notice this. 

If I was to buy in this would be my first complaint. 

The whole parking lot smelled like a sewer on Sunday morning ; AH , the smell of rotting , sun-baked sewage early on a Sunday morning !!!!!! 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Man, determining which way the sun would shine must have taken forever.

15419627.jpg

You laugh, but at the moment we needed to commit to our seating locations for the next 30 years and write the PSL checks in spring 2009, we had very few details on shady/sunny sides as a go-by.

It was this shot that was the key to the whole question and broke open the investigation, looks to have been taken right around 1:00 or 2:00.  What took some time (and ultimately me asking the Jets ticket office) was to find out which of the 4 sponsored corners in the new stadium was the one with the wee bit of shade.  Verizon here we come.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

Why would anybody waste their good , hard earned money , get on a flight , to see this bunch of misfit toys ?

I don't know, why would anyone create a thread entitled "SHAME on Jets Fans" criticizing said team of misfit toys?

Hey, go ahead, create a thread calling out Jets fans who actually made the trek to the stadium on a blisteringly hot day to see what most thought was going to be an embarrassing loss.  But only do that if you yourself were also at the game.  That was my point to the OP.  TV fans have a lot of nerve questioning the integrity of those who actually made an effort on Sunday while they ate stale pretzels on an air conditioned couch.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

This is what's wrong with today's football fan ; their tickets are treated like a commodity , not as a hobby . NEVER SELL TO VISITING FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to pay me $575 for my 4 tickets to this Sunday's game against the Jaguars.  Then you can prevent a visiting fan from our stadium by going to the game yourself or throwing them in the trash.  Want to PM me your Paypal information?  Thought so. 

The day that you write a check to the Jets for $5,750 for my season tickets each April is the day that you can tell me what to do with them.  Until then, keep your opinions of how others manage their finances to yourself.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

And you will be freezing your ass off in November and December buddy .

I can count on 1 hand the amount of sub-32 degree frigid games I've attended in November (zero) and December (3) in the last 15 years.

I can count on all fingers and some toes the amount of plus-80 degree sweltering hot games I've attended in September (12) in the last 15 years.

New York weather, for reasons I can't explain, has been warmer these past 15 years than they've been in the years prior.  You usually don't need a jacket at a game until late October.  I've worn hoodies or only lightweight jackets in December.

The sun at an NFL game is bad, there is no good in it.  It's in your face and you have to squint to see the game, it's on your body burning your skin and making you sweat.  I can put on a hat and gloves in the shade in December.  You can't take off a t-shirt and shorts in September.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

This is what's wrong with today's football fan ; their tickets are treated like a commodity , not as a hobby . NEVER SELL TO VISITING FANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time I don't want to go to a game, I will call on you to buy my tickets. Otherwise they go to the first guy to buy them on stub hub. Warning: it will probably be an opposing fan. But you get 1st dibbs. If you don't buy them at my stub hub price, then that's your choice and you can shut your pie hole about where the tickets wind up. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't know, why would anyone create a thread entitled "SHAME on Jets Fans" criticizing said team of misfit toys?

Hey, go ahead, create a thread calling out Jets fans who actually made the trek to the stadium on a blisteringly hot day to see what most thought was going to be an embarrassing loss.  But only do that if you yourself were also at the game.  That was my point to the OP.  TV fans have a lot of nerve questioning the integrity of those who actually made an effort on Sunday while they ate stale pretzels on an air conditioned couch.

SAR I

Didn't you sell your tickets to Dolphins fans and skip the game?

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Didn't you sell your tickets to Dolphins fans and skip the game?

I sold my tickets because I could not go to back to back home games due to family  commitments.  I'll be at the Jaguars game on Sunday. 

StubHub does not tell the seller who actually purchased the tickets, so there is no way to know if my $150 seats that sold for $99 each went to Jets fans or Dolphins fans.

I'd like to think my tickets went to Jets fans seeing that there are 20 million people in the New York metropolitan area and they were priced very fairly, but Jets fans are notoriously cheap, they won't even get season tickets without PSL's on them even though there are 27,000 such seats in the stadium.  

SAR I

6 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

LOL... This guy respawns every few months with a new name to whine about SAR I's posts and finances.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

15419627.jpg

You laugh, but at the moment we needed to commit to our seating locations for the next 30 years and write the PSL checks in spring 2009, we had very few details on shady/sunny sides as a go-by.

It was this shot that was the key to the whole question and broke open the investigation, looks to have been taken right around 1:00 or 2:00.  What took some time (and ultimately me asking the Jets ticket office) was to find out which of the 4 sponsored corners in the new stadium was the one with the wee bit of shade.  Verizon here we come.

SAR I

String Theory confuses me sir, I'm going to need you to speak less scientific please.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I sweated my balls off at that game Sunday fella .

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Next time I don't want to go to a game, I will call on you to buy my tickets. Otherwise they go to the first guy to buy them on stub hub. Warning: it will probably be an opposing fan. But you get 1st dibbs. If you don't buy them at my stub hub price, then that's your choice and you can shut your pie hole about where the tickets wind up. 

If you don't want to go to games , don't buy tickets .

8 hours ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

STFU you Youngblood Pencil D!ck. When Jets "fans" FINLLY start showing up to games and filling their OWN stadium then talk to me about selling one's own season tickets. Tickets ARE A COMMODITY - ESPECIALLY in this market, in THAT stadium, for THIS year. Too bad you're too dense to understand how the economic factors of Supply and Demand work. 

:rolleyes:

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

STFU you Youngblood Pencil D!ck. When Jets "fans" FINLLY start showing up to games and filling their OWN stadium then talk to me about selling one's own season tickets. Tickets ARE A COMMODITY - ESPECIALLY in this market, in THAT stadium, for THIS year. Too bad you're too dense to understand how the economic factors of Supply and Demand work. 

If you're not going to games , don't buy tickets . Hello ?

Just now, Super Bowl before I die said:

If you're not going to games , don't buy tickets . Hello ?

I DID go to the game you illiterate neophyte. If you were not so obtuse and fully READ my post, you would have read that I DID go to the game by selling my Tix and getting a seat on the Mezz Club  on the 45 yard line. I have been to every game since 2009 once there was no more wait list for SeasonTix. 

Idiotic "jets fans," that you seem to represent quite well, are better off just shutting up and not contributing to this forum because all you do are petulant and reactionary rants and statements without performing due diligence or showing ANY signs of reading comprehension.

Tool.

22 minutes ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

I sweated my balls off at that game Sunday fella .

OP:  "Jets fans suck.  Why did you all leave early?  It looked bad on my TV!"

SAR:  "Only those at the game can complain about those at the game because they made the effort."

SB Die:  "I can't be bothered to read the responses so I'm just going to argue with everyone."

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

If you don't want to go to games , don't buy tickets .

Nope.  Not how it works.

Those who buy season tickets 1) are guaranteed a consistent seating location and 2) have the right to decide which games they'll attend.  Those are the two benefits.

The Jets have led the AFC in paid gate and attendance since MetLife Stadium opened, they'll lead the AFC in paid gate and attendance again this year.  The Jets are doing just fine, the stadium is doing just fine, the PSL owners are doing just fine, the season ticket holders are doing just fine, and the Stubhub aftermarket provides deeply discounted tickets to all Jets fans of all ages.  There is no problem here.  The Chicken Little's who said the Jets should have built in Manhattan and that the PSL's would be an epic bust were dead wrong.

Keep your opinions of how people spend their money and their time to yourself.

SAR I

So, to be clear, if a person buys season tickets, 8 regular season games per year, but can/wants to only make it to 6 (or however many) this (or any) year, they either have to give up the tickets entirely or eat the costs of those games they can't/don't want to attend because another teams fans are able to purchase them on the aftermarket.  Is that the argument that's being put forth by an adult here?

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

55 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I DID go to the game you illiterate neophyte. If you were not so obtuse and fully READ my post, you would have read that I DID go to the game by selling my Tix and getting a seat on the Mezz Club  on the 45 yard line. I have been to every game since 2009 once there was no more wait list for SeasonTix. 

Idiotic "jets fans," that you seem to represent quite well, are better off just shutting up and not contributing to this forum because all you do are petulant and reactionary rants and statements without performing due diligence or showing ANY signs of reading comprehension.

Tool.

You are way out of line here. Calm yourself or take some time off.

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have led the AFC in paid gate and attendance since MetLife Stadium opened

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2016/09/14/forbes-announces-19th-annual-nfl-team-valuations/#60ad8d494abf   

Wrong ; the Jets are behind Dallas , New England , Giants , San Francisco and Washington  in revenue; get your facts straight . 

1 hour ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2016/09/14/forbes-announces-19th-annual-nfl-team-valuations/#60ad8d494abf   

Wrong ; the Jets are behind Dallas , New England , Giants , San Francisco and Washington  in revenue; get your facts straight . 

LOL.  That's team valuations, not annual gate and attendance.

Reading comprehension.

SAR I

@SAR I I was wrong when we initially had the PSL argument/discussion and for that I owe you an apology. 

I will however standby by comments of diehard Jets fans not being in most seats.

The MEZZ seats are great the TD club was beyond imaginable, the amenities and luxuries available there changes the entire game day experience. 

At 25 years old sitting in the elements and drinking a can of beer and eating a hot dog was ok, but as I'm aging I wouldn't mind a padded seat and place to warm up or cool off and have a real meal the bathrooms were spotless with no lines. 

My 25 year old son is hounding me to buy back in so he and his gf or friends can use the tickets when I have other plans. 

If there were no PSL's id probably buy in tonight, if my daughter didnt rack up $165k in student loans id probably buy tonight. 

Im going to search the alternate PSL sites to see what kinds of deals there are at this current time

The PSL's and the higher price of the seats is part of life you get what you pay for. 

Anyone who has them and can afford them enjoy them. 

You only live once!

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I I was wrong when we initially had the PSL argument/discussion and for that I owe you an apology. 

I will however standby by comments of diehard Jets fans not being in most seats.

The MEZZ seats are great the TD club was beyond imaginable, the amenities and luxuries available there changes the entire game day experience. 

At 25 years old sitting in the elements and drinking a can of beer and eating a hot dog was ok, but as I'm aging I wouldn't mind a padded seat and place to warm up or cool off and have a real meal the bathrooms were spotless with no lines. 

My 25 year old son is hounding me to buy back in so he and his gf or friends can use the tickets when I have other plans. 

If there were no PSL's id probably buy in tonight, if my daughter didnt rack up $165k in student loans id probably buy tonight. 

Im going to search the alternate PSL sites to see what kinds of deals there are at this current time

The PSL's and the higher price of the seats is part of life you get what you pay for. 

Anyone who has them and can afford them enjoy them. 

You only live once!

lol.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQleC9gJcSjrUwHMgzWqdd

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

lol.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQleC9gJcSjrUwHMgzWqdd

Far from it this is a football message board where men have disagreements and argue/discuss football and football related subjects sometimes you realize the person you were arguing/discussing things with was actually right to an extent. 

Crawling back?  I had season tickets for 24 years, how about you. I won't be crawling back I will be jumping for joy if I'm able to make it back. 

This Sunday I will be in a luxury box and I'm sure thats the place to be so with that and a win it will be another good weekend. 

On 9/25/2017 at 2:19 PM, prime21 said:

Rebuilding doesn't necessarily mean tanking.  Yes they rid themselves of the overpriced vets and bad locker room people but do you think they wish that the team goes out and there to lose?  If that were the case they never would have brought McCown in.  They would have just let Petty behind the center or even better, Hack to loose games.  They have some young players that they want to see get better and better.  This involves making plays that can win games.  

I totally understand rooting for a top pick but rooting for them to lose?  Sorry, that's not a true Jet fan in my opinion.  

How do we get a top pick then?  Getting a FQB in a trade is extremely rare.  (Elway comes to mind)

Archived